Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

philbo
Banned
Posts in topic: 149

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by philbo »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:42 am
philbo wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:08 pm
Bitter Clinger wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:45 am
philbo wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:59 am Trump revokes ex-CIA Director John Brennan's security clearance
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08 ... ennan.html

"Mr. Brennan’s lying and recent conduct, characterized by increasingly frenzied commentary, is wholly inconsistent with access to the Nation’s most closely held secrets and facilitates the very aim of our adversaries, which is to sow division and chaos." Best example of pot calling the kettle black this week. :lol:

Clearly an example of partisan politics and retribution designed to distract and appeal to a base of simple thinkers, especially since several of the names listed by trump under similar consideration (comey, mccabe, strzok) have no clearance to revoke.
If you had ever held a clearance, you would know just how appropriate the President's action is and why it is hardly partisan. But then again, you don't seem to care about anything other than defaming the President.
I have, and I do know about clearances. But then again, you don't seem to care about anything other than defaming someone who doesn't believe what you do... unless of course it's apologizing for the defamer in chief.
My statement is not defamatory, as it is the truth.
And nothing I have said is defamatory about trump, simply the truth. :tiphat:

philbo
Banned

Post by philbo »

2farnorth wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:32 pm On a positive note....... There have been no reported alien abductions since Pres Trump announced the Space Force..... :lol: :lol: :patriot:
Now that's funny! :smilelol5:

philbo
Banned

Post by philbo »

bblhd672 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:00 am
dale blanker wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:21 pm You've missed the point. High level security officials have clearance to support the ongoing intelligence projects with their experience. But hey, let's just ignore history and see how that goes.
No, I didn't miss the point. Any ex-official who the President no longer needs advice from, for example a guy who is calling for him to be tossed out of office, does not have any further need of a security clearance giving him access to classified information.
The President of the United States has the legal authority and right to revoke former advisors' security clearances.
The point is that trump is revoking clearances for petty political reasons in a vain attempt to distract and/or silence criticism of him personally. While the president doesn't need to give a reason, or has the absolute right to do strip clearances, to do so for the reasons provided goes against the guidelines signed off on by his own administration which lists the following as reasons to grant or revoke clearance:

http://ogc.osd.mil/doha/SEAD4_20170608.pdf
13 guidelines by which national security clearances are typically evaluated and revoked. Those factors:
1. Allegiance to the United States
2. Foreign influence
3. Foreign preference
4. Sexual behavior
5. Personal conduct
6. Financial considerations
7. Alcohol consumption
8. Drug involvement and substance misuse
9. Psychological conditions
10. Criminal conduct
11. Handling protected information
12. Outside activities
13. Use of information technology

To revoke as trump has done for the pettiest of reasons on what are literally trumped on excuses, is petty, churlish and may even be obstruction.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Jusme »

Obstruction of what???? How is revoking an ex government employee's clearance, obstructing anything?
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Flightmare »

Jusme wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:01 pm Obstruction of what???? How is revoking an ex government employee's clearance, obstructing anything?
I believe it is obstructing the #NeverTrump movement.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 173

Post by Bitter Clinger »

philbo wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:50 pm
bblhd672 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:00 am
dale blanker wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:21 pm You've missed the point. High level security officials have clearance to support the ongoing intelligence projects with their experience. But hey, let's just ignore history and see how that goes.
No, I didn't miss the point. Any ex-official who the President no longer needs advice from, for example a guy who is calling for him to be tossed out of office, does not have any further need of a security clearance giving him access to classified information.
The President of the United States has the legal authority and right to revoke former advisors' security clearances.
The point is that trump is revoking clearances for petty political reasons in a vain attempt to distract and/or silence criticism of him personally. While the president doesn't need to give a reason, or has the absolute right to do strip clearances, to do so for the reasons provided goes against the guidelines signed off on by his own administration which lists the following as reasons to grant or revoke clearance:

http://ogc.osd.mil/doha/SEAD4_20170608.pdf
13 guidelines by which national security clearances are typically evaluated and revoked. Those factors:
1. Allegiance to the United States
2. Foreign influence
3. Foreign preference
4. Sexual behavior
5. Personal conduct
6. Financial considerations
7. Alcohol consumption
8. Drug involvement and substance misuse
9. Psychological conditions
10. Criminal conduct
11. Handling protected information
12. Outside activities
13. Use of information technology

To revoke as trump has done for the pettiest of reasons on what are literally trumped on excuses, is petty, churlish and may even be obstruction.
Brennan could likely be guilty of 1, 2, 3, 5, 11, & 12. He may well also be guilty of 4, 8, & 9 after witnessing his non-sensical rambling and uncontrolled defamatory remarks. I can understand how that may not seem problematic to you.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 91

Post by TreyHouston »

Flightmare wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:18 pm
Jusme wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:01 pm Obstruction of what???? How is revoking an ex government employee's clearance, obstructing anything?
I believe it is obstructing the #NeverTrump movement.
"rlol"
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Pawpaw »

'Unprecedented:' Why John Brennan's Extraordinary Partisanship Justifies Revoking His Security Clearance
Donald Trump wrote:Historically, former heads of intelligence and law enforcement agencies have been allowed to retain access to classified information after their Government service so that they can consult with their successors regarding matters about which they may have special insights and as a professional courtesy. Neither of these justifications supports Mr. Brennan’s continued access to classified information. First, at this point in my Administration, any benefits that senior officials might glean from consultations with Mr. Brennan are now outweighed by the risks posed by his erratic conduct and behavior. Second, that conduct and behavior has tested and far exceeded the limits of any professional courtesy that may have been due to him. Mr. Brennan has a history that calls into question his objectivity and credibility.
The article goes on to list a few of his most "credibility-destroying misadventures". In 2014, even the left's beloved WaPo called for his immediate resignation.

It's all Trump's fault. :roll:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1534

Post by philip964 »

https://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/08 ... d-treason/

Lol. Brennan walks back his treason comment.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1534

Post by philip964 »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/18/politics ... index.html

The president’s former lawyer spends a lot of time with Mueller.

Mueller seems to be trying to get obstruction of justice evidence, rather than any Russian collusion evidence.

philbo
Banned

Post by philbo »

"President Trump drew a direct connection between the special counsel investigation into alleged Russian interference in the 2016 election and his decision to revoke the security clearance of former CIA Director John Brennan and review the clearances of several other former officials."
https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-revo ... 1534358658

If targeting people connected with the Russia probe is cadet bonespur's motivation, then it begins to look more like obstruction than protecting America's interest.

dale blanker
Banned
Posts in topic: 156

Post by dale blanker »

philbo wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:17 pm
"President Trump drew a direct connection between the special counsel investigation into alleged Russian interference in the 2016 election and his decision to revoke the security clearance of former CIA Director John Brennan and review the clearances of several other former officials."
https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-revo ... 1534358658

If targeting people connected with the Russia probe is cadet bonespur's motivation, then it begins to look more like obstruction than protecting America's interest.
Maybe it's not just obstruction because of intimidation to those currently active in investigation, there may also be abuse of power for personal vengeance and to discourage further criticism. Oh well, so much for reasonable norms....
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

spectre
Banned
Posts in topic: 14

Post by spectre »

I'm in a good place right now
Not emotionally or financially
But I am at the gun store

Abraham
Posts in topic: 76

Post by Abraham »

The lefty response on this forum regarding brenn-marxist is hilarious.

Wait'll President Trump revokes the clearances of the rest of the commies like rice, etc.

It's gonna be beautiful to hear the lefty howls of angst, ha ha, said in my best Nelson Muntz laugh.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 213

Post by bblhd672 »

FLASHBACK: When Democrats Demanded John Brennan Resign
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavl ... n-n2511455
But it wasn't so long ago that Democrats felt very differently about Brennan. In fact, a number of lawmakers on the left side of the aisle have called for his resignation in the past.
The C.I.A.’s Reckless Breach of Trust
https://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/01/opin ... ef=opinion
In March, John Brennan, the C.I.A. director, was indignant when Senator Dianne Feinstein charged that the agency had broken into computers used by staff investigators from the Senate Intelligence Committee, which she leads. “As far as the allegations of C.I.A. hacking into Senate computers,” he said, “nothing could be further from the truth. I mean, we wouldn’t do that. I mean, that’s just beyond the scope of reason.”

But reason seems to have little to do with the C.I.A.’s operations, as Mr. Brennan apparently discovered far too late. On Thursday, the Central Intelligence Agency admitted that it did, indeed, use a fake online identity to break into the Senate’s computers, where documents connected to a secret report on the agency’s detention and torture program were being stored.
I guess the leftists forgive Brennan now for spying on them.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Return to “Off-Topic”