Today in Trump's new term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 348
Posts: 6128
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1741

Post by philip964 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:08 am

mojo84 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:05 am
Regardless the origin, I believe the analogy fits.
Perfectly.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 348
Posts: 6128
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1742

Post by philip964 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:09 am

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... l-8-years/

Food Stamp enrollment dips lowest level in 8 years.

User avatar

Pawpaw
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 69
Posts: 5979
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Hunt County

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1743

Post by Pawpaw » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:16 am

Image
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member

User avatar

Allons
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 11
Posts: 515
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:03 pm
Location: San Antonio

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1744

Post by Allons » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:22 am

Pawpaw wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:16 am
Image
"rlol" :lol::
EDC'S: Dan Wesson CCO, CZ-P01, CZ-P10C, CZ-P07
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999
Image

User avatar

ELB
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 6129
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 9:34 pm
Location: Seguin

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1745

Post by ELB » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:24 am

Trump. Donald Trump.

USAF 1982-2005
____________
The Most Interesting Texan in the World. :txflag:

User avatar

Diesel42
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 264
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:08 am
Location: Fort Worth

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1746

Post by Diesel42 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:37 am

Those of you with artistic talents...
The African Honey Badger is a good meme for our President.
"Honey Badger don't care."
Google it.
Happy Trails!
Nick
Nick Stone
Have Truck, Will Travel
NRA Life Member

User avatar

dale blanker
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 103
Posts: 325
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 1:49 am

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1747

Post by dale blanker » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:11 pm

flechero wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:41 am
Yes, we should go right back to the Clinton/Bush/Obama methods of dealing with north Korea... because it was so much more effective than what the Trump administration has done. :roll:

ETA:

The honest approach would be to start with the where we were when Trump and Kim jun un took their respective offices and then documented activity/progress from there... but that would require you showing some progress on behalf of Trump.
Kim declared back in May when meeting with Moon that the Korean Peninsula should be denuclearized, so not much is really new. Kim has met his main objective of being a nuclear power and he and his sister were no doubt very positively impressed with the South Korea's hosting and presentation of the Olympics. It appears that Kim's outlook has changed. It does not seem like anything done by Trump has helped the cause and U.S. should play a supportive roll in further negotiations, not a bullying one, if there are delays or setbacks.
"You cannot be serious." John McEnroe


BBYC
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 16
Posts: 395
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:32 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1748

Post by BBYC » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:24 pm

Image
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.


flechero
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 15
Posts: 1758
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1749

Post by flechero » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:02 pm

Only a handful of months ago, the news was reporting we were on the brink of nuclear war... haven't seen any missiles being tested lately, no threats to the US by NK.

So what happened? Progress was made- yep. are we finished- nope. Are we safer today- yep. hate him all you want, but the President has made progress.
Kim declared back in May when meeting with Moon that the Korean Peninsula should be denuclearized, so not much is really new
Sure he just had a change of heart. :lol:
Even if the only thing Trump did was scare NK into believing we'd destroy them, that worked, at least for the time being. And that's a whole lot more than the past pres did.

User avatar

Bitter Clinger
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 106
Posts: 1876
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:16 pm
Location: North Dallas

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1750

Post by Bitter Clinger » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:21 pm

dale blanker wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:11 pm
flechero wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:41 am
Yes, we should go right back to the Clinton/Bush/Obama methods of dealing with north Korea... because it was so much more effective than what the Trump administration has done. :roll:

ETA:

The honest approach would be to start with the where we were when Trump and Kim jun un took their respective offices and then documented activity/progress from there... but that would require you showing some progress on behalf of Trump.
Kim declared back in May when meeting with Moon that the Korean Peninsula should be denuclearized, so not much is really new. Kim has met his main objective of being a nuclear power and he and his sister were no doubt very positively impressed with the South Korea's hosting and presentation of the Olympics. It appears that Kim's outlook has changed. It does not seem like anything done by Trump has helped the cause and U.S. should play a supportive roll in further negotiations, not a bullying one, if there are delays or setbacks.
Dale,

Image

But I am certain that you and philbro get my drift...
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח


philbo
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 67
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:36 am
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1751

Post by philbo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:55 pm

mojo84 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:52 am
I am quite confident you would not be near as critical of Obama or Clinton if they had done or said the exact same things Trump has.
You're wrong. I didn't believe that hopes & dreams replaced common sense when dealing with a ruthless dictator when Clinton, Bush, Obama made similar grand announcements during their terms. The difference here is that those presidents were wise enough to push for verification before declaring that it was resolved. As I have stated repeatedly, as a first step this is good, but to proclaim victory on a hand shake and a promise to do better than you have in the past is at best fantasy, if not down right delusional. N Korea still has nukes and is still a terrorist regime.
mojo84 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:52 am
You never know, N. Korea may no longer be a threat because Trump may have put them on notice...
Perhaps, but see above.
mojo84 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:52 am
You fail to acknowledge both of the leaders are relatively new in their respective positions and haven't met before. At least give them a chance to see what happens.
Sorry, but when you get to the big leagues you have to be prepared. Further, Kim may be young, but anyone ruthless enough to murder family members to consolidate his power base is not one to treat with kid gloves. Again, I watched one president proclaim loudly "Mission Accomplished", and I had a problem buying that fantasy as well.

User avatar

mojo84
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 134
Posts: 8249
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:07 pm
Location: Boerne, TX (Kendall County)

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1752

Post by mojo84 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:15 pm

philbo wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:55 pm
mojo84 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:52 am
I am quite confident you would not be near as critical of Obama or Clinton if they had done or said the exact same things Trump has.
You're wrong. I didn't believe that hopes & dreams replaced common sense when dealing with a ruthless dictator when Clinton, Bush, Obama made similar grand announcements during their terms. The difference here is that those presidents were wise enough to push for verification before declaring that it was resolved. As I have stated repeatedly, as a first step this is good, but to proclaim victory on a hand shake and a promise to do better than you have in the past is at best fantasy, if not down right delusional. N Korea still has nukes and is still a terrorist regime.
mojo84 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:52 am
You never know, N. Korea may no longer be a threat because Trump may have put them on notice...
Perhaps, but see above.
mojo84 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:52 am
You fail to acknowledge both of the leaders are relatively new in their respective positions and haven't met before. At least give them a chance to see what happens.
Sorry, but when you get to the big leagues you have to be prepared. Further, Kim may be young, but anyone ruthless enough to murder family members to consolidate his power base is not one to treat with kid gloves. Again, I watched one president proclaim loudly "Mission Accomplished", and I had a problem buying that fantasy as well.
So, you are the expert on the "big leagues"? What's the status of the economy, black and Hispanic unemployment, overall unempmoyment, recent jobs creation, ISIS, American embassy in Israel, hostages held in N. Korea and the Iran deal? Sounds like some big league accomplishments to me considering how short of a time he has been in office.

I am quite confident Trump and his administration are well aware of the past broken promises and the work in the Korean peninsula isn't complete. I can assure you, the administration is pushing for verification in North Korea just as they are in Iran. Even Mike Pence reiterated the fact today at the annual meeting of the Southern Baptist Convention that they have work to do there and that they are going to verify NK lives up to their part. Just because Trump reassures the American public he is on top of what is going on doesn't mean he is no longer working or verifying they do their part.

Regardless how ruthless Kim is, this is his first time dealing with someone like Trump that strongly believes in negotiating from a position of power.

Trump isn't perfect and I do not agree with him or some of his personality or character traits. However, I am at least man enough to recognize what he does right and give him credit for it.

User avatar

PriestTheRunner
Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:33 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1753

Post by PriestTheRunner » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:37 pm

philip964 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:19 pm
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-aston ... 14681.html

Trump’s astonishing concession to Kim.

MSM really trying hard to find a reason to hate denucularization of Korea.
Ya I know right?

1. The big drills are in the spring and just finished.
2. They can be restarted with a 30 second phone call and 24 hours to prep.
3. We have consistently used them as bargaining chips in the past and as reactions to NK provocations. That sounds like 'War Games' to me....
4. Its not like the SK's have t stop training.
5. Its not like we can't train from Japan, Hawaii or on the southern end of South Korea (with quiet, lower quantity drills).

Its a big ol bunch of fake news. Imagine that, a republican president is seeking to reduce our military spending, efforts and military posture and the democrats are throwing a hissy fit. That seems pretty hypocritical.

User avatar

Pawpaw
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 69
Posts: 5979
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Hunt County

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1754

Post by Pawpaw » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:45 pm

Image
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 348
Posts: 6128
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1755

Post by philip964 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:14 pm

https://sports.yahoo.com/u-s-canada-mex ... 18462.html

World Cup will be held in the USA for the first time in 32 years in 2026.

No doubt this is entirely due to Trump’s Make America Great Again philosophy and the fear FIFA has of him.

A great victory for Trump again.

Dallas and Houston are in the running for games. Mexico Canada and the USA will also be in the games as it is a joint hosting by all three countries. Don’t know if that was Trump’s idea on his own, but it was a great one.

Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic”