Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 253

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by mojo84 »

TreyHouston wrote:
mojo84 wrote:I've been debating with some millennial malcontents on Twitter because they are upset he hasn't completed all of his campaign promises such as build the wall and thinks he is going to renege on them.

I am curious about Pres. Trump's decision to keep Comey. Any thoughts on that for me?
patience daniel son.... Trump has done more in these TWO DAYS than Obama did in his first YEAR.
It appears you misunderstood. That's what I'm telling the millennial malcontents.

Do you have any insight to the quesion I did ask?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1534

Post by philip964 »

His fourth full day in office, with his pen:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01 ... s-say.html

Keystone pipeline is revived.

Eight years ago my son worked for a non-union pipeline construction company. His company was low bidder on the Texas section of the pipeline and was told they had the project.

Obama told the ownership consortium that they had to use only union workers on the entire pipeline or he would not approve it. His company was not awarded the construction contract and he lost a job he really enjoyed.

He became a life long Republican after that. :patriot:

Obama eventually broke his promise to the ownership consortium and never approved the pipeline even though they met all of his requirements.

Mxrdad
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Mxrdad »

[quote="bblhd672"]Tuesday morning,

Additionally, President Trump:

2) Told the EPA to shut up - no social media, no announcements, no new grants or contracts.

:smilelol5:
Just some guy's opinion.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Pawpaw »

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Mxrdad
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Mxrdad »

I love that poor lil wilting plant. May it stay the same size evermore! LOL.
Just some guy's opinion.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Jusme »

mojo84 wrote:
TreyHouston wrote:
mojo84 wrote:I've been debating with some millennial malcontents on Twitter because they are upset he hasn't completed all of his campaign promises such as build the wall and thinks he is going to renege on them.

I am curious about Pres. Trump's decision to keep Comey. Any thoughts on that for me?
patience daniel son.... Trump has done more in these TWO DAYS than Obama did in his first YEAR.
It appears you misunderstood. That's what I'm telling the millennial malcontents.

The President of Mexico is doing everything but rushing the walls at the,White House to meet with Trump. Millenials expect everything, to happen instantly. There is more than just the last 8 years to overcome. Trump has not done, or said anything to give anyone the impression that he is not dedicated to fulfilling all of his campaign promises. The only ones to postulate that is the left wing media. If the people you are debating, are still getting their info from them, they are a lost cause, and will never catch up.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Jusme wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
TreyHouston wrote:

The President of Mexico is doing everything but rushing the walls at the,White House to meet with Trump. Millenials expect everything, to happen instantly. There is more than just the last 8 years to overcome. Trump has not done, or said anything to give anyone the impression that he is not dedicated to fulfilling all of his campaign promises. The only ones to postulate that is the left wing media. If the people you are debating, are still getting their info from them, they are a lost cause, and will never catch up.
Yep, I hear what you are saying. I'm saying,the same things.

Do you have an opinion on Trump keeping Comey?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

mojo84 wrote:
Jusme wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
TreyHouston wrote:

There is no rush to remove him. Comey has any and all info regarding HRC, Putin, and any other ongoing investigations. Comey, may have dropped the ball, or, more than likely had it taken from him, on the HRC server scandal, but he has not done or said anything in conflict with Trump's agenda. Trump can replace him at any time, and it may not be at the top of his to do list.
JMHO

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 91

Post by TreyHouston »

Jusme wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
Jusme wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
TreyHouston wrote:

There is no rush to remove him. Comey has any and all info regarding HRC, Putin, and any other ongoing investigations. Comey, may have dropped the ball, or, more than likely had it taken from him, on the HRC server scandal, but he has not done or said anything in conflict with Trump's agenda. Trump can replace him at any time, and it may not be at the top of his to do list.
JMHO
:iagree: well said! Both sides have denounced him and supported him within a few months of each other. Lol I am sure it is "lower" on his list. Trump has a plan, lets see where he is going with this.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

dale blanker
Banned
Posts in topic: 156

Post by dale blanker »

Things are happening very fast in the oval office. The president seems to still be in campaign mode and concerned about things like inauguration day crowd size and popular vote so it doesn't seem like he'd be able to give much thought to what's happening. Wouldn't you like to be a fly on the wall to see how things are being developed and who is really doing it?
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

dale blanker wrote:Things are happening very fast in the oval office. The president seems to still be in campaign mode and concerned about things like inauguration day crowd size and popular vote so it doesn't seem like he'd be able to give much thought to what's happening. Wouldn't you like to be a fly on the wall to see how things are being developed and who is really doing it?

Dale, don't buy in to what the media says about what Trump is placing value on. They are doing everything to goad, criticize, and ridicule his every word. He has responded to some of them, which has given them more ammunition. They hate the fact that he is using social media to communicate directly with the American people, and not going through them.
Instead look at the results. He has hit the ground running, and begun a process, that will have positive effects across the country, and around the world. He has had conversations with world leaders, and has planned meetings with several of them. The orders he signed, especially regarding the pipeline, were just reinforcements of agreements that BHO had reneged on. The only thing slowing him down, is the Congressional Committee, delaying the confirmation of his Cabinet members. Once they are in place, the speed at which things get done will increase exponentially. JMHO

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 58

Post by anygunanywhere »

NAFTA is the reason many US industries are in decay. All these "free trade agreements " stacked the deck against the USA. Foreign governments subsidize their products making it impossible to compete against them.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 213

Post by bblhd672 »

dale blanker wrote:Things are happening very fast in the oval office. The president seems to still be in campaign mode and concerned about things like inauguration day crowd size and popular vote so it doesn't seem like he'd be able to give much thought to what's happening. Wouldn't you like to be a fly on the wall to see how things are being developed and who is really doing it?
At some point you are going to realize how Trump is playing the opposition. The President can take two minutes of his day to tweet about something like crowd size, popular vote, etc and the left goes crazy all day about it. Meanwhile President Trump is working his agenda. Things are being accomplished. The swamp is large and deep.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Dale, you choose to not understand as is doesn't fit with your agenda and political position. Do you not realize the bigger picture that Trump is trying to bring attention? It's about the media being biased and dishonest, not the size of,the crowd.

It is very difficult to maintain democratic republic with a dishonest biased press.

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 51

Post by Skiprr »

The Dow crosses 20,000 for the first time in history. I'll have to do a little research to see what its performance has been under the Trump influence, but I know the first was a record high close last November 10, after the vote...and that record was barely over 18,000.

ETA: The Dow has so far set 17 new record closing highs since the election. Right now, it's currently sitting around 20,040.

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/index/djia

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/201 ... ure-rally/
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Return to “Off-Topic”