Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 253

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by mojo84 »

philbo wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:31 pm
mojo84 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:15 pmWhat's the status of the economy, black and Hispanic unemployment, overall unempmoyment, recent jobs creation…
You forgot to mention the sun rising and setting, the earth going around the sun, water being wet, the sky being blue, and the wind blowing; or other things that have happened since trumps election that can not be directly related to any of his actions. The economy, good or bad, is bigger than the president.

In June 2008, I agreed with conservatives like Hannity and Bolton who stated the following about bush’s agreement with n korea amid negotiations to dismantle their nuclear program:

BOLTON: I think it’s actually a clear victory for North Korea. They gain enormous political legitimacy…In return, we get precious little. I think this is North Korea demonstrating again that they can out-negotiate the U.S. without raising a sweat.

HANNITY: Boy I tell you they’ve done it time and time again, and I’m sorta perplexed, Mr. Ambassador, to understand why we keep going back to the well knowing that they haven’t kept the agreements in the past. Whatever happened to Reagan’s “trust but verify”?

Again in April 2010 when hannity stated “Barack Obama catering to the world’s dictators is literally the Neville Chamberlain of our time,” There are many others at this point. My position has never changed on this issue. I have grown used to liberals flip-flopping like a school of dieing fish, but it bothers me to watch once conservatives voices do the same.
Sorry the number of Trump's accomplishments so far are too numerous for you.

Do you think Trump is not planning to verify and inspect? Do you really think he thinks the work there is done?

Here are some excerpts from Pence's speech to the Southern Baptist Convention yesterday.
And we once again, we have a President of the United States who stands without apology as leader of the free world. (Applause.)

We certainly saw that in high relief over the last several days, didn't we? Just this morning, the President returned from a historic summit with Kim Jong Un of North Korea. The President went to this meeting as, in his words, "on a mission of peace," but with eyes wide open. And I can report, the meeting that took place was direct and honest, provocative, and productive. It resulted in a bold first step where North Korea's leader committed to the complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula. (Applause.)

And among the agreements reached, very deeply meaningful to me as the son of a combat veteran from the Korean War, President Trump secured a commitment from North Korea to recover and repatriate the remains of more than 5,000 American MIAs who fell in the Korean War. We are finally going to bring our boys home. (Applause.)

Now comes "vigorous negotiations to implement the agreement," as the President said, "as soon as possible." But make no mistake about it: The success of this summit, and the progress we've made, is a direct result of President Trump's steadfast leadership and the courage of one American family.

From the outset of our administration, President Trump changed our policy toward North Korea, ending years of what was known as "strategic patience." The President brought unprecedented economic and diplomatic sanctions to bear on North Korea, and he used the kind of tough rhetoric, in South Korea and at the United Nations, that communicated America's resolve to protect our country and stand with our allies....
The truth is, their example and the President's stand on "peace through strength" brought us to this day, to this step. And as we move forward with further negotiations, we now will "trust but verify." And as the President said, our "sanctions will remain in place" until North Korea's nuclear weapons are "no longer a factor." We will not repeat the mistakes of the past. (Applause.)
http://www.christianpost.com/news/vp-mi ... st-224943/

I bolded some key points that specifically address your concerns for you.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

dale blanker
Banned
Posts in topic: 156

Post by dale blanker »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:21 pm
dale blanker wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:11 pm
flechero wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:41 am Yes, we should go right back to the Clinton/Bush/Obama methods of dealing with north Korea... because it was so much more effective than what the Trump administration has done. :roll:

ETA:

The honest approach would be to start with the where we were when Trump and Kim jun un took their respective offices and then documented activity/progress from there... but that would require you showing some progress on behalf of Trump.
Kim declared back in May when meeting with Moon that the Korean Peninsula should be denuclearized, so not much is really new. Kim has met his main objective of being a nuclear power and he and his sister were no doubt very positively impressed with the South Korea's hosting and presentation of the Olympics. It appears that Kim's outlook has changed. It does not seem like anything done by Trump has helped the cause and U.S. should play a supportive roll in further negotiations, not a bullying one, if there are delays or setbacks.
Dale,

But I am certain that you and philbro get my drift...
:confused5
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1534

Post by philip964 »

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/north-korean- ... ories.html

On a day when the IG report came out saying the FBI was politically motivated against Trump, the MSM is fixated on an odd salute Trump gave a N Korean general.

Allons
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Allons »

philip964 wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:17 pm https://www.yahoo.com/gma/north-korean- ... ories.html

On a day when the IG report came out saying the FBI was politically motivated against Trump, the MSM is fixated on an odd salute Trump gave a N Korean general.
Yup just got finished reading, was gonna post you beat me to it.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

dale blanker
Banned
Posts in topic: 156

Post by dale blanker »

philip964 wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:17 pm https://www.yahoo.com/gma/north-korean- ... ories.html

There was some negative Trump bias in the FBI before the election but it did not appear to have any effect in FBI operations.

Actually, Comey's reported "insubordination" helped Trump by criticizing Hillary in July '16 and then reopening her email investigation in October. There was no evidence of political bias in the Clinton probe. Comey didn't report that Russian influence on the Trump campaign was also being investigated although the campaign had been warned.
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 173

Post by Bitter Clinger »

dale blanker wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:35 am

There was some negative Trump bias in the FBI before the election but it did not appear to have any effect in FBI operations.

Actually, Comey's reported "insubordination" helped Trump by criticizing Hillary in July '16 and then reopening her email investigation in October. There was no evidence of political bias in the Clinton probe. Comey didn't report that Russian influence on the Trump campaign was also being investigated although the campaign had been warned.
The IG report was clear, the conclusion that there was no bias is completely bogus. Reminds me of Comey recounting all the laws that Crooked Hillary broke and then stating that there would be no charges because "there was no evidence of intent". Really?

The leadership of the FBI and the CIA under Obama was not just a disgrace, it was treasonous.

May justice prevail!
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Abraham
Posts in topic: 76

Post by Abraham »

"The leadership of the FBI and the CIA under Obama was not just a disgrace, it was treasonous.

May justice prevail!"

Excellent observation, yet subversives like Peter Strzok among others who should at the very least be booted remain in the F.B.I.

philbo
Banned
Posts in topic: 149

Post by philbo »

A federal judge on Friday sent Paul Manafort to jail pending trial after he was charged with witness tampering.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... op+News%29

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

philbo wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:27 pm A federal judge on Friday sent Paul Manafort to jail pending trial after he was charged with witness tampering.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... op+News%29

NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Pawpaw »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:08 am
dale blanker wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:35 am

The IG report was clear, the conclusion that there was no bias is completely bogus. Reminds me of Comey recounting all the laws that Crooked Hillary broke and then stating that there would be no charges because "there was no evidence of intent". Really?

The leadership of the FBI and the CIA under Obama was not just a disgrace, it was treasonous.

May justice prevail!
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Pawpaw »

Will We Get Tired of So Much Winning?
It has been a week full of wins for President Donald Trump -- at least for those who share Trump's view of the way the world works, and perhaps even for some who don't.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Trump tariffs rake in more than $110M

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/tr ... -than-110m
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Allons
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Allons »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:55 pm Trump tariffs rake in more than $110M

From a liberal standpoint... That's all, only a 110 million?
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Allons wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:36 pm
Bitter Clinger wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:55 pm Trump tariffs rake in more than $110M

From a liberal standpoint... That's all, only a 110 million?
Yup. Crumbs. :biggrinjester:
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1534

Post by philip964 »

So in the last few days a small post or two is turning into a wave on Facebook amount my anti gun friends.

It’s all about children being held in consentration camps in former Walmart’s here in Texas. Apparently if your a parent illegally crossing the border with your child and your arrested, they don’t put the child in jail with you, but instead separate you from your child and put you both in separate facilities. The children apparently being temporarily housed in a former Walmart.

I’ve always felt when a country tries to invade another with its citizens, it should be considered an act of war. Giving us the right to invade that country and fix whatever problem they have.

This is going to be big news in the coming weeks. The left obviously wants every person who shows up on our border to be given every courtesy imaginable, until our country looks like where they left.

Return to “Off-Topic”