Today in Trump's new term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

User avatar

dale blanker
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 126
Posts: 349
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 1:49 am

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1546

Post by dale blanker » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:58 pm

carlson1 wrote:I know for a fact we are better off with Trump than the other choice, but I have a question. What would we be saying if a democrat had one and their administration would have turned over like this one? It seems they either quit or get fired weekly if not daily.
Ah, an interesting question from our moderator! But I think the question is really a rhetorical one - pointing out that under "normal" conditions we might be more critical about how things are being done. It looks like now anything goes and no one cares - a tweet to fire the Secretary of State? Prospects for stability in the White House do look dim - there appears to be only impulsive reaction and little or no reflection.
"You can't handle the truth!" Colonel Nathan R. Jessup

User avatar

mojo84
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 153
Posts: 8352
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:07 pm
Location: Boerne, TX (Kendall County)

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1547

Post by mojo84 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:56 pm

http://reason.com/blog/2018/03/22/hilla ... mp-or-camb
When can we as a country admit that the "most-qualified candidate in history" lost the 2016 election and get on with living our lives?


Abraham
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 60
Posts: 8033
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:43 am

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1548

Post by Abraham » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:02 pm

Hillary: Corrupt, evil, vindictive, and the list is endless of her perfidy against women her husband abused, but still there are dolts who overlook (they know she's evil) this in her favor.

Why would they want her?

Do they prefer obvious evil...?

I don't get it....


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 422
Posts: 6476
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1549

Post by philip964 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:08 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mueller-repo ... 53054.html

Mueller looking into Sessions contacts with Russians.

I’ve been pretty critical here of Jeff Sessions and his decision to recuse himself and saddling Trump within a Special Council within a few months of taking office.

Then failing to appoint a Special Council to investigate the real crimes.

Now look what we have now. As Sessions turns up the heat so does the special council.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 422
Posts: 6476
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1550

Post by philip964 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:38 am

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... arage-ally

Guy is detained by FBI at the airport. Questioned about Trump. So do you answer questions, or do you say, thank you gentlemen, but lets make an appointment when I can have my attorney present? Unless I am under arrest, can I leave now?

Trump makes a bunch of comments about Amazon, monopoly, bad deal for the US with Post Office, etc. Amazon stock tanks.

Trump closes Russian consulate in Seattle. Expels 60 Russian diplomats. Not sure if Trump plays hard on Russia, because he thinks that is the right thing to do, or because of the Russia probe it looks better if he is hard on them.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-secu ... al-counsel

Sessions still not appointing a second special council.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/03/29/ders ... iet-union/

Special Council not a good idea. Alan Dershowitz. "show me the man, I'll get you a crime"

To me the paying of Stormy off, could potentially be Mueller's big Trump crime. Not Russia.


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 45
Posts: 1387
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1551

Post by TreyHouston » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:43 pm

dale blanker wrote:
carlson1 wrote:I know for a fact we are better off with Trump than the other choice, but I have a question. What would we be saying if a democrat had one and their administration would have turned over like this one? It seems they either quit or get fired weekly if not daily.
Ah, an interesting question from our moderator! But I think the question is really a rhetorical one - pointing out that under "normal" conditions we might be more critical about how things are being done. It looks like now anything goes and no one cares - a tweet to fire the Secretary of State? Prospects for stability in the White House do look dim - there appears to be only impulsive reaction and little or no reflection.

What happens when a CEO takes over a failing business? Same thing with a new NFL head coach. Heads will fly!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:


Soccerdad1995
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 11
Posts: 3441
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1552

Post by Soccerdad1995 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:03 pm

philip964 wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... arage-ally

Guy is detained by FBI at the airport. Questioned about Trump. So do you answer questions, or do you say, thank you gentlemen, but lets make an appointment when I can have my attorney present? Unless I am under arrest, can I leave now?
It sounded like they at least wanted him to believe he was under arrest. Separated from his family. Phone confiscated. Then asked a bunch of questions. I would have asked the question to clarify that I really was under arrest, and then would have asserted my right to remain silent. There is no reason to speak with the FBI unless you are forced to do so. Especially after what happened to General Flynn.
Ding dong, the witch is dead

User avatar

carlson1
Moderator
Posts in topic: 10
Posts: 9492
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:11 am

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1553

Post by carlson1 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:05 pm

TreyHouston wrote:
dale blanker wrote:
carlson1 wrote:I know for a fact we are better off with Trump than the other choice, but I have a question. What would we be saying if a democrat had one and their administration would have turned over like this one? It seems they either quit or get fired weekly if not daily.
Ah, an interesting question from our moderator! But I think the question is really a rhetorical one - pointing out that under "normal" conditions we might be more critical about how things are being done. It looks like now anything goes and no one cares - a tweet to fire the Secretary of State? Prospects for stability in the White House do look dim - there appears to be only impulsive reaction and little or no reflection.


What happens when a CEO takes over a failing business? Same thing with a new NFL head coach. Heads will fly!
That’s great except the heads flying are the heads he hired.
Image


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 422
Posts: 6476
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1554

Post by philip964 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:30 pm

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/03/31/ ... g-america/

Trump faces his first alien invasion.

No MSM stories whatsoever.

When the invading army hits the border it will be nonstop


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 422
Posts: 6476
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1555

Post by philip964 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:38 pm

Trump's campaign regularly bought office supplies from Amazon - CBS News


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 45
Posts: 1387
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1556

Post by TreyHouston » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:21 pm

carlson1 wrote:
TreyHouston wrote:
dale blanker wrote:
carlson1 wrote:I know for a fact we are better off with Trump than the other choice, but I have a question. What would we be saying if a democrat had one and their administration would have turned over like this one? It seems they either quit or get fired weekly if not daily.
Ah, an interesting question from our moderator! But I think the question is really a rhetorical one - pointing out that under "normal" conditions we might be more critical about how things are being done. It looks like now anything goes and no one cares - a tweet to fire the Secretary of State? Prospects for stability in the White House do look dim - there appears to be only impulsive reaction and little or no reflection.



What happens when a CEO takes over a failing business? Same thing with a new NFL head coach. Heads will fly!
That’s great except the heads flying are the heads he hired.


Ya, under recommdation as being good.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:


bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 161
Posts: 3735
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: TX

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1557

Post by bblhd672 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:48 pm

The FBI raided President Trump’s personal attorney Michael Cohen’s home, office and hotel room Monday to seize a collection of documents, Fox News has confirmed.

Federal agents reportedly obtained documents related to several issues, including his payments to adult-film star Stormy Daniels in the weeks leading up to the 2016 presidential election. The New York Times was first to report the raid.

“Today the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York executed a series of search warrants and seized the privileged communications between my client, Michael Cohen, and his clients,” Cohen’s attorney Stephen Ryan said in a statement Monday. “I have been advised by federal prosecutors that the New York action is, in part, a referral by the Office of Special Counsel, Robert Mueller.”
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04 ... ments.html


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 422
Posts: 6476
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1558

Post by philip964 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:14 pm

philip964 wrote:
To me the paying of Stormy off, could potentially be Mueller's big Trump crime. Not Russia.
I hate it when I am right. Seizing a sitting President’s personal attorneys privileged files is a dangerous move for this country.

On the other hand I know one group of voters who will be out in force this November if this keeps up.

Many of us feel this is a way to change our votes last November. Right now to me this is a coup. We will vote in mass for spineless Republicans again in hope they will some how get one.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 422
Posts: 6476
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1559

Post by philip964 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:02 am

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/p ... hronstrrpc

Shelia Jackson Lee rallies Democrats to shield Mueller.

Comey's book comes out today. Trump called him a slime ball or something like that. Comy's book calls Trump a Mafia boss.

There may be tapes seized in the raid on Trumps lawyer. Media loves any connection with Nixon. Lots of payoffs its sounding like in the media. Doorman may have been paid to keep quiet. Nothing illegal, I believe, unless campaign funds or bank borrowed money was used.

Trump is tweeting a lot about attacking Syria. So if there was not a Russia probe would Trump be friendlier with Russia?

Trade war with China, kinda ebbs and flows. Stock market sort of ebbs and flows with it.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 422
Posts: 6476
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1560

Post by philip964 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:23 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/13/politics ... index.html

Trump, France and England decide to bomb Syria.

Big downside. Not sure what the upside is.

Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic”