Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 213

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by bblhd672 »

strogg wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:55 pm I have a feeling I'm one of the few people who isn't politically charged by the whole Kavanaugh thing. As I watched this unfold for the past few weeks, I'm most amused by the political chess that's being played. Team Red just sat back and played every hand they were dealt calmly and professionally. Team Blue pulled out an ex machina card late into the game (clearly as a delay tactic) in order to keep Kavanaugh out. Their reasoning from what I can tell is to either force cancellation of his nomination or to delay it enough so that in the event a blue wave comes in November, they can just vote against him and have a more "compassionate" nominee take his place. Unfortunately for Team Blue, their ex machina card may as well be a 3 of clubs. There are so many problems with it that it's incredibly amusing to watch it backfire at Team Blue in every way possible. If people use their brains to dissect the situation, it will definitely spell the end for Team Blue. A new team with liberal ideologies will form, I'm sure, and they'll hopefully be less scary for everyone's sake.

Failures of ex machina card:

1. The primary punch the card has comes from an event three and a half decades ago. The odds of that memory being remotely accurate are very low. It doesn't matter how vivid the event was. Anyone with a little psychological background would know that episodic memories diminish with accuracy over time regardless of the impact that the event had on the subject. So those memories that Ford has are mostly false memories, as in memories that the brain filled in to make the actual episode make sense. The odds of it being accurate are next to none. Funny thing too. Ford, having a PhD in psychology, knows that.
2. No one corroborated with Ford. No one. Not like it matters. It was 35 years ago. But it sure doesn't bode well for Team Blue.
3. By design, since it was such a long time ago with no witnesses or video tapes or audio recordings or whatever, the card is literally a he-said-she-said game. Also with such a large gap between the supposed event and anyone hearing about it, there's no way anyone would be convicted of that crime no matter what public profile the defendant has. So what's the point?
4. By flipping one's vote or forcing someone to flip one's vote from yay to nay based on that kind of flimsy allegation is literally an assault to due process. Last I checked, people are innocent until proven guilty. Team Blue decided that due process has no basis anymore, and that rules are no longer required. Anyone who knows that and still supports Team Blue really needs to get a reality check.
5. Team Red didn't want an FBI investigation because it would waste too much time. Team Blue called them out for it and essentially went, "Just a week. That's all we need." Baaad move. Really? Just a week? That's a bad trap to fall into. Of course, that's exactly what Team Blue got: a week. Does anyone really think anything of value will appear in just 7 days?
6. The FBI unsurprisingly came back with nothing after their week. So what does Team Blue do? Call shenanigans and claim FBI partisanship. Yes. The same team that said the FBI was nonpartisan with its investigation of Trump's associates. You can't have it both ways, people.
7. Lastly, it looks like an all-out civil war is occurring with this political battle. Seriously. It really does look that way. Well, except only one side is fighting. Team Blue is no longer shouting and complaining. They are literally throwing crazy political punches like a whiny little brat of a kid trying to topple a stable government. It's embarrassing. Team Red is just looking and wondering what's going on. Have you noticed that? Team Red is literally doing nothing but watching Team Blue in a middle of a temper tantrum. No matter what the outcome of the Kavanaugh fight is, Team Blue will come out looking like a complete failure.
8. Bonus pointer: Team Blue is claiming Kavanaugh isn't fit to be a justice because of his temperament. Yup. It makes sense. No one who has endured such public scorn against himself and his entire family with such strong and villainous accusations should get upset. Uh huh... Kavanaugh should just go back to his day job that he's been doing successfully for, what, 20 years? Yeah! Go back to being a circuit judge! Who needs good temperament with that job! Sarcasm aside, I'd honestly be more concerned about him if he kept a level head during his interview about the sexual assault allegations. Emotionally blowing up only shows that he's a normal human like us and not a sociopath or someone with some other horrible mental illness.

Apologies to the folks here with left leaning ideologies, as the only team available for you to be on at the moment is about to crumble.
Well said sir!
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

BBYC
Posts in topic: 28

Post by BBYC »

Grandpa used to say, "Don't get mad. Get even." However, I would say to Judge Kavanaugh, it's possible to do both.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Flightmare »

Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Things are looking good for Kavanaugh. Let's hope it holds!

And imagine the craziness that we will see when Trump nominates someone to replace RBG after she is done.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Jusme »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:29 pm Things are looking good for Kavanaugh. Let's hope it holds!

And imagine the craziness that we will see when Trump nominates someone to replace RBG after she is done.
Don't they put a mirror under her nose every morning just to make sure she's still breathing? :biggrinjester:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

mojo84
Posts in topic: 253

Post by mojo84 »

Jusme wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:34 pm
Soccerdad1995 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:29 pm Things are looking good for Kavanaugh. Let's hope it holds!

Don't they put a mirror under her nose every morning just to make sure she's still breathing? :biggrinjester:
It won't be long before she passes out in a drunken stupor and doesn't wake up.

Hey, that makes me think of something. If Kavanaugh isn't worthy because he drank too much in high school and college and did stupid stuff, how does getting drunk and passing out at a state of the union address on national TV while on the job get a pass?
Last edited by mojo84 on Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Jusme »

mojo84 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:05 pm
Jusme wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:34 pm

It won't be long before she miss off in a drunken stupor and doesn't wake up.

Hey, that makes me think of something. If Kavanaugh isn't worthy because he drank too much in high school and college and did stupid stuff, how does getting drunk and passing out at a state of the union address on national TV while on the job get a pass?

Well rules, are just applied to those the left disagrees with. Billary Clinton, and "One for the road" Kennedy never had to answer questions about their yearbooks
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

flechero
Posts in topic: 77

Post by flechero »

Flightmare wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:21 pm Image
Really impressive when you consider that over 50% of 2016 vote total went to clinton :lol:

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Flightmare »

flechero wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:23 pm
Flightmare wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:21 pm Image
Really impressive when you consider that over 50% of 2016 vote total went to clinton :lol:
A couple things to take into consideration;
1) There are many who are walking away from the democrat party after their antics over the last 2 years.
2) This is just a poll, doesn't really mean much. The polls predicted Hillary would win in 2016, and we all know how that ended.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

flechero
Posts in topic: 77

Post by flechero »

True, but the polls usually lean a little left so that (in my mind) is even more positive news.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1534

Post by philip964 »

Especially when it’s the Female Catholic judge who has 6 kids he’s already vetted for the job.

Think they will accuse her of sexual harassment?

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-oppone ... 00887.html

Trump not nominated for Nobel Peace Prize for his work to denuclearize the Korean Peninsula.

Nobel takes another notch down toward fake award.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.apnews.com/8234f0b8a6194d8b89ff79f9b0c94f35

It is done, Brett Kavanaugh is a SCOTUS Justice.

Trump has altered the course of America for the next 30 years.

Thank you brave patriots who did not back down.

Our guns are safer.

Our freedoms are more secure.

Winning.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 27

Post by RoyGBiv »

I will enjoy voting in a few weeks. Very much.

This was quite a show. Well, circus. I'm glad it's over.

Question.... Would any other President have had the cojones to see this through?
Much respect Mr Trump. :tiphat:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 191

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I love Winning!

Return to “Off-Topic”