Today in Trump's new term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton


Rubicon
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:44 am

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2551

Post by Rubicon » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:45 pm

If the commies were so afraid of what a mainstream judge like Kavanaugh could do to unconstitutional laws and regulations, imagine if Trump's next nomination had previously acknowledged Wickard v. Filburn was wrongly decided, and growing wheat for personal use is not commerce, much less "Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes."
the die is cast

User avatar

RoyGBiv
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 11
Posts: 7361
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:41 am
Location: Fort Worth

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2552

Post by RoyGBiv » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:58 pm

bblhd672 wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:20 pm
Ruth Bader Ginberg's days are numbered. Can you imagine what her replacement is going to go through...
I look forward to Amy Coney Barret's "dogma" discussion with Senator Feinstein.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Image
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

User avatar

RoyGBiv
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 11
Posts: 7361
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:41 am
Location: Fort Worth

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2553

Post by RoyGBiv » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:00 pm

Rubicon wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:45 pm
If the commies were so afraid of what a mainstream judge like Kavanaugh could do to unconstitutional laws and regulations, imagine if Trump's next nomination had previously acknowledged Wickard v. Filburn was wrongly decided, and growing wheat for personal use is not commerce, much less "Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes."
I like the cut of your jib. :patriot:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Image
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 53
Posts: 1439
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2554

Post by TreyHouston » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:47 pm

bblhd672 wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:20 pm
RoyGBiv wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:14 pm
I will enjoy voting in a few weeks. Very much.

This was quite a show. Well, circus. I'm glad it's over.

Question.... Would any other President have had the cojones to see this through?
Much respect Mr Trump. :tiphat:
Every person who is shocked and ashamed at the behavior demonstrated by the socialists in Washington and throughout the country have to vote for their Republican choices on election day.

This isn't over. Ruth Bader Ginberg's days are numbered. Can you imagine what her replacement is going to go through...
When Trump gets re-elected, she will step down, if she hasn’t crocked by then...
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

User avatar

RoyGBiv
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 11
Posts: 7361
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:41 am
Location: Fort Worth

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2555

Post by RoyGBiv » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:39 am

TreyHouston wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:47 pm
bblhd672 wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:20 pm
RoyGBiv wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:14 pm
I will enjoy voting in a few weeks. Very much.

This was quite a show. Well, circus. I'm glad it's over.

Question.... Would any other President have had the cojones to see this through?
Much respect Mr Trump. :tiphat:
Every person who is shocked and ashamed at the behavior demonstrated by the socialists in Washington and throughout the country have to vote for their Republican choices on election day.

This isn't over. Ruth Bader Ginberg's days are numbered. Can you imagine what her replacement is going to go through...
When Trump gets re-elected, she will step down, if she hasn’t crocked by then...
I hope you are right, but I would bet against it.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Image
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek


srothstein
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 3998
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:27 pm
Location: Luling, TX

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2556

Post by srothstein » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:19 am

strogg wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:55 pm
3. By design, since it was such a long time ago with no witnesses or video tapes or audio recordings or whatever, the card is literally a he-said-she-said game. Also with such a large gap between the supposed event and anyone hearing about it, there's no way anyone would be convicted of that crime no matter what public profile the defendant has. So what's the point?
The left expected this too work because they have had so much success with it in the recent past. It has all been civil so far, and in the private sphere with companies taking action against individuals, and others jumping on the bandwagon to help. Look at how many people have been taken down by the claims of sexual harassment recently.
7. Lastly, it looks like an all-out civil war is occurring with this political battle. Seriously. It really does look that way.
I see this as a strong sign that a real civil war is coming. One with both sides fighting, and by fighting I mean armed combat in the streets. I have seen our country being pulled apart politically, and I think this is by design. I think it is planned to lead to a civil war and a breakup of the US. We are falling right into their trap too, because we are becoming more strident in our divisions. I keep hoping we can avoid it, but I am more and more sure it is coming and unavoidable.

The two sides are both being controlled by their extremes and neither side is willing to talk or discuss things with the other side. Look at the protests that occurred after Trump won the election, even though there was no disputing that he had won. Now we get similar protests after a nomination. How soon until the protests turn into riots and spread around the country? I really want to avoid this and keep our country intact, but I am also not prepared to give in on my civil rights just to get to that point. If the other side is feeling the same way I do about their points, and feel it is their civil rights, combat is coming.
Steve Rothstein


Abraham
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 67
Posts: 8207
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:43 am

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2557

Post by Abraham » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:40 pm

I respectfully disagree with: "The two sides are both being controlled by their extremes"

In my opinion only one side is extreme, the left, while the right leans anywhere from complete civility to groveling against the interests of the left.

So, is civil war brewing?

Maybe.

So, is standing up for yourself as a free U.S. citizen extreme when your rights are stripped away by the left (currently fashionable among the left to assume guilt before innocence doncha know...) or hey just give in to the left because we Conservative citizens wouldn't care to appear extreme? Heaven forbid such gaucherie. So, throw in the towel to the left? Just be docile when the left makes proclamations and do as told by them...

Or, do I misunderstand your stance?

Thanks!


ninjabread
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 22
Posts: 597
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:12 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2558

Post by ninjabread » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:00 pm

srothstein wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:19 am
strogg wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:55 pm
3. By design, since it was such a long time ago with no witnesses or video tapes or audio recordings or whatever, the card is literally a he-said-she-said game. Also with such a large gap between the supposed event and anyone hearing about it, there's no way anyone would be convicted of that crime no matter what public profile the defendant has. So what's the point?
The left expected this too work because they have had so much success with it in the recent past. It has all been civil so far, and in the private sphere with companies taking action against individuals, and others jumping on the bandwagon to help. Look at how many people have been taken down by the claims of sexual harassment recently.
It was disgusting how the Democratic Party gleefully used smear tactics and unsubstantiated accusations to try to prevent or delay confirmation of a qualified judge. It may be even more disgusting how Fiendswine and her fellow fiends threw sexual abuse victims under the bus for political gain.

srothstein wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:19 am
7. Lastly, it looks like an all-out civil war is occurring with this political battle. Seriously. It really does look that way.
I see this as a strong sign that a real civil war is coming. One with both sides fighting, and by fighting I mean armed combat in the streets. I have seen our country being pulled apart politically, and I think this is by design. I think it is planned to lead to a civil war and a breakup of the US. We are falling right into their trap too, because we are becoming more strident in our divisions. I keep hoping we can avoid it, but I am more and more sure it is coming and unavoidable.

The two sides are both being controlled by their extremes and neither side is willing to talk or discuss things with the other side. Look at the protests that occurred after Trump won the election, even though there was no disputing that he had won. Now we get similar protests after a nomination. How soon until the protests turn into riots and spread around the country? I really want to avoid this and keep our country intact, but I am also not prepared to give in on my civil rights just to get to that point. If the other side is feeling the same way I do about their points, and feel it is their civil rights, combat is coming.
I'm also done being "reasonable" when dealing with domestic enemies of the U.S. Constitution. Like many people, for many years, I was "reasonable" and allowed my Constitutional rights, and my God-given rights, to be delayed, denied, infringed, and otherwise stomped on by thugs. I did this because I believed, as wrongly as England in 1938, that compromise was the best approach. However, in the past twenty four months, that was proved false beyond any shadow of a doubt.

Therefore, there's no reason for future appeasement. No reason for more compromise when it comes to my rights. I will no longer heed calls to be "reasonable" when facing unreasonable assaults on my liberty. The ball is in their court.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.


User avatar

mojo84
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 196
Posts: 8535
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:07 pm
Location: Boerne, TX (Kendall County)

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2559

Post by mojo84 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:23 pm

I'll just leave this here for posterity's sake.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/10/ ... remacists/


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 488
Posts: 6811
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2560

Post by philip964 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:58 am

https://www.tennessean.com/story/entert ... 562054002/

Taylor Swift ends her silence and comes out for the Democrats.


Abraham
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 67
Posts: 8207
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:43 am

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2561

Post by Abraham » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:47 am

philip964,

No slam on you at all, but I couldn't possibly be interested in the politics of an entertainer.

Most of them are left and most probably don't know why except all their show biz pals are on the left, so all of them being a 'leftist' is fashionable for their crowd.

Quiz them about the mechanics of being left and all you'll get is a 'who me shrug' of complete ignorance.

User avatar

mojo84
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 196
Posts: 8535
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:07 pm
Location: Boerne, TX (Kendall County)

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2562

Post by mojo84 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:14 am

philip964 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:58 am
https://www.tennessean.com/story/entert ... 562054002/

Taylor Swift ends her silence and comes out for the Democrats.
Oh now, that changes everything for me. I must have been misguided all these years and now I see the error of my ways.

User avatar

bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 184
Posts: 3960
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: TX

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2563

Post by bblhd672 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:16 am

philip964 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:58 am
https://www.tennessean.com/story/entert ... 562054002/

Taylor Swift ends her silence and comes out for the Democrats.
Wonder if she remembers the Dixie Chicks? Ask them how alienating your fan base enhances your career.

Otherwise, who cares what any "entertainer" thinks? Entertain me, otherwise shut up.
"Being a Normal is a state of mind." - Kurt Schlichter in his new book "Militant Normals: How Regular Americans Are Rebelling Against the Elite to Reclaim Our Democracy"
Freezoxee is the new American patriot network https://friends.freezoxee.com/


BBYC
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 27
Posts: 629
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:32 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2564

Post by BBYC » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:32 pm

Who?

:???:
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 488
Posts: 6811
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2565

Post by philip964 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:12 pm

Abraham wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:47 am
philip964,

No slam on you at all, but I couldn't possibly be interested in the politics of an entertainer.

Most of them are left and most probably don't know why except all their show biz pals are on the left, so all of them being a 'leftist' is fashionable for their crowd.

Quiz them about the mechanics of being left and all you'll get is a 'who me shrug' of complete ignorance.
The Dems were really hurting for a victory. This morning this is all they had. But it was big news on The Today Show. Taylor had kept pretty quite about politics her whole career, so to your average 30 year old this was big news.

Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic”