Interesting statistic for number of police officers per capita

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

Topic author
bmwrdr
Posts in topic: 1

Interesting statistic for number of police officers per capita

Post by bmwrdr » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:35 pm

The U.S. has not the most police forces per 100,000 people. I was surprised about Vatican City (see link).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... e_officers
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

allisji

Re: Interesting statistic for number of police officers per capita

Post by allisji » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:07 pm

Vatican City may be overdoing it. Pitcairn Islands only has one officer (population 57).
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state rep Dennis Paul about co-sponsoring HB560.

lama
Posts in topic: 2

Post by lama » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:13 pm

I feel like Vatican City population is not necessarily representative of the number of people in the Vatican City. I would be interested to see how including the average daily volume of non-residents (including tourists and such) changed the number.

WildBill

Post by WildBill » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:56 pm

lama wrote:I feel like Vatican City population is not necessarily representative of the number of people in the Vatican City. I would be interested to see how including the average daily volume of non-residents (including tourists and such) changed the number.
According to an article in Wikipedia, there are 18 million visitors a year to Vatican City.
The most common crime is petty theft - purse snatching, pick pocketing and shoplifting.
NRA Endowment Member

lama
Posts in topic: 2

Post by lama » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:45 am

WildBill wrote: According to an article in Wikipedia, there are 18 million visitors a year to Vatican City.
The most common crime is petty theft - purse snatching, pick pocketing and shoplifting.
Well that puts them somewhere in the mid to high 3 digits which does not seem unreasonable.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:13 am

I am less concerned about the total number of LEOs in this country than I am concerned about the stratospheric number of laws those LEOs are supposed to enforce. Millions of otherwise law-abiding people unknowingly violate laws every day of the week - because those laws are so obscure and redundant that it is almost impossible not to unknowingly violate them. This is especially egregious when the arrogance of officialdom replies with "ignorance of the law is no excuse". Most cops are just doing their jobs to the best of their abilities, so as far as LEOs go, I am a LOT more concerned about whether they are local, state, or federal. If a local or state gov't wants to employ a million cops, that's their prerogative, and it is entirely under the control of the citizens who are immediately effected by that kind of decision. But when every non-law-enforcement specific federal dept (think of Dept of Education, EPA, etc) decides that it has to have its own SWAT team and armored vehicles.....and not just the law-enforcement specific depts like the FBI, ATF, Marshall's Service, and Secret Service.....THAT'S a BIG problem. At the federal level, given the leviathan size it has grown to, citizens no longer have direct control over bureaucratic decision-making......and that ain't right.
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.

Return to “Off-Topic”