Your gun is gonna just GO OFF!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Your gun is gonna just GO OFF!

Post by crazy2medic »

I have had 1 person ask me if I knew my gun was cocked, I replied yes ma'am I do.
End of conversation.
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

loktite
Posts in topic: 1

Post by loktite »

crazy2medic wrote:I have had 1 person ask me if I knew my gun was cocked, I replied yes ma'am I do.
End of conversation.
Was it hard to keep a straight face as you turned away ? :smilelol5:
NRA Endowment Member

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 1

Post by K.Mooneyham »

If I had to take a guess at where that thread of misinformation comes from, I'd say it's the phrase "hair trigger", and of course, Hollywood promoting it in movies and TV shows over the years. People who aren't educated about firearms, and either lack critical thinking skills or simply refuse to engage their brains, have picked up on that and amplified it. "Gun people" know that a "hair trigger" is one that someone purposely made that way by changing the original design, and the overwhelming vast majority of firearms do NOT have a "hair trigger". I have done my best to educate a couple of people who had that mistaken thought. I told them about the engineering efforts that go into ensuring firearms do NOT just "go off", and that it would just set up a situation for lawsuits if the manufacturers didn't do all of that...and no big company wants lawsuits against them.

Return to “Off-Topic”