My EDC blade of choice

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Liberty
Posts in topic: 1

Re: My EDC blade of choice

Post by Liberty »

My EDC doesn't have a brand nameIt is a multi-bladed utility Pocketknife I picked up at a Souvenir shop. Has wooden sides, and my first name burned into the sides. Has a can opener bottle opener scissors screwdriver awl corkscrew and a 2 1/4" blade. I think it costs me $10.00 . I think of my pocketknife as a tool. I am not mentally or psychologically prepared to get into knife fight. If I really need a weapon, I'll use what I have, I would rather go out with a bang than silently.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

I carry a Buck Vantage in my hip pocket. It is my quick deploy knife in case I have to cut myself free from a seat belt etc. I also carry two Case pocket knives, one trapper and one stockman. I also have a Leatherman super tool 200, that I have had for 15 years or so. it has a regular blade as well as a serrated blade. When ever I am doing outdoor activities, I have an ESEE Izula on a neck lanyard, that goes everywhere with me.
In my truck I keep an ESEE 5 and an Ontario SP-8 in my GHB.

I have several knives, but these are the ones I usually have with me everyday.

I agree with Liberty, I don't carry knives as a defensive tool, although, I guess if I had to, I could use one that way. I haven't trained with knives for anything other than as cutting tools, and the most action they see, is cutting open boxes, cutting string/rope etc..
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 3

Post by cmgee67 »

I would love to learn the art of knife fighting tho!

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Kershaw 1950 ST Tremor if working in the yard.

Or, a Spyderco Endura Clipit or when cycling a fixed blade something or other that I don't recall the name of, but can have in my hand immediately if I crash because of an attacking dog and can't get to my Glock 19, ah, assuming I'm not incapacitated with a broken hand, bones, wrist, etc.

A few years back, I went over the handlebars, landed on my back because of a careless driver pulling out in front of me and I gotta tell ya, recovery from the shock of crashing, made me really, really slow to recover. Had it been a dog and not a careless driver I would've been dog meat...but it was reassuring if need be that my edged armament would've been more than adequate if I could've used it...
Last edited by Abraham on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steveincowtown
Banned

Post by steveincowtown »

KA-Bar always when OCing, sometimes when CCing.

SOG Flash II EDC.
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

LucasMcCain

Post by LucasMcCain »

I have many knives, but my favorite is my Benchmade Osborne 943. That thing is just plain sexy to me. I don't carry it at work, as I tend to be hard on my work knives, and I just can't afford to replace a ~$200 knife regularly. I carry a variety of Kershaws at work, but the Leek with the clip inverted and the safety removed is my usual go-to. I think I'm on my third one of those.
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

ninjabread

Post by ninjabread »

mot7981 wrote:OK, so I realize I’m opening myself up to a fair amount of potential ridicule here but the “blade” I have with me every day is a Victorinox Alox Cadet.
I wouldn't be comfotable regularly doing more than opening mail or slicing a banana with a folding blade that doesn't lock, but otherwise there's nothing wrong with a SAK as EDC blade.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Kadelic

Post by Kadelic »

My favorite EDC blade is my Spyderco Endura 4.

Honor Necessity

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

The most i cut with my knives is a sandwich in half.

karder

Post by karder »

Gerber 06 for me. I appreciate a quality custom knife, but the rigors of daily carry and use can be painful to subject a custom blade too, at least for me. The Gerber is a nice knife that I can bear to cut, chop, and pry with.
“While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” ― Samuel Adams

Pariah3j
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Pariah3j »

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

ntexaschl

Post by ntexaschl »

Benchmade AFO II

lama

Post by lama »

Pariah3j wrote:Esee 3 MIL Plain/Straight edge

https://eseeknives.com/knives/esee-knives/esee-3-mil/
How do you carry that? What kind of sheath, holster, clip do you use. Just curious about those who carry fixed blades. Never worked a job where that would be socially acceptable.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

This seems like a good group to give a knife recommendation.

I am looking for an EDC with a very assisted opening mechanism. I had a knife where I just swipes my thumb down the back and it popped right open. But that knife disappeared. Everything I am finding now that looks similar doesn't pop the blade fully open. Hopefully this makes sense.

Return to “Off-Topic”