Lowe's Military Discount

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
txglock21
Posts in topic: 2

Lowe's Military Discount

Post by txglock21 »

As many of you may know, Lowe's offers a 10% discount to active duty, retired and veterans of the US military. What I didn't know, that some might have, is you can sign up for a "My Lowes Card" that will verify you to receive the discount without jumping through hoops to get it. This is NOT a Lowe's credit card. It simply identifies you as a veteran (or whatever) and you can also keep track of your purchases there. It's kind of like a Tom Thumb or Kroger rewards card. I have personally avoided using the veteran's discount because one time they allowed me to just show my DL with veteran stamp on it and other times they wanted an actual DD 214. This avoids all of that. I don't work for Lowe's and am not endorsing them, just putting it out there for those who didn't know this like I didn't. :patriot: :tiphat:
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

TreyHouston

Re: Lowe's Military Discount

Post by TreyHouston »

Stamp on my DL have always been all i needed. Weird they wanted to see a paper with your SNN on it.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Topic author
txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

TreyHouston wrote:Stamp on my DL have always been all i needed. Weird they wanted to see a paper with your SNN on it.
They just wanted a copy, so I "whited" out the SSN on it. I've had the same thing happen at Home Depot also. That's why I limited using the discount for just larger purchases, but with this card you can use every time on any purchase, big or small, as far as I know. :thumbs2:
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ScottDLS »

txglock21 wrote:As many of you may know, Lowe's offers a 10% discount to active duty, retired and veterans of the US military. What I didn't know, that some might have, is you can sign up for a "My Lowes Card" that will verify you to receive the discount without jumping through hoops to get it. This is NOT a Lowe's credit card. It simply identifies you as a veteran (or whatever) and you can also keep track of your purchases there. It's kind of like a Tom Thumb or Kroger rewards card. I have personally avoided using the veteran's discount because one time they allowed me to just show my DL with veteran stamp on it and other times they wanted an actual DD 214. This avoids all of that. I don't work for Lowe's and am not endorsing them, just putting it out there for those who didn't know this like I didn't. :patriot: :tiphat:

I think they asked me for a DD-214 once before Texas put the veteran designation on the DL/LTC. And even before that they used to only give to retired or active duty, except on national holidays. Now I believe they give to all vets. I think the Lowes card for the automatic discount is a great idea. I'll get one. I always forget to ask about the discount, because I normally didn't carry around my DD-214. :tiphat:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

I signed up for this too... they give you the option of getting a card, or just using a phone number.

rotor

Post by rotor »

Tried to do it online but it wouldn't verify my status. Will bring a DD214 into store. Last time I purchased a freezer from them they just asked if I was a veteran and when I said yes they discounted me. At one time they only discounted on certain holidays but I guess now they will discount all the time. I added the veteran service to my DL which technically was harder to do than getting it on my LTC card. Had to physically go to DL office.

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

Previously only active duty (and possibly retired) got the discount 365 days. Other veterans got the discount 4 times a year (military related holidays). They expanded the program to all honorably discharged veterans. To simplify matters they want you to register so you don't have to carry your DD214. They don't have to train clerks what to look for on the DD214. Few states, I think, put veteran on the DL/ID.

https://newsroom.lowes.com/serving-comm ... y-support/
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

we just show my military retired id card.
but our lowes....most all know us .

its a great program.
home depot does it...but you have to ask
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

der Teufel

Post by der Teufel »

I just show my VA card.
Home Depot (I think) only does active, retired, or disabled year-round. Since I have a service-connected disability I'm covered. Lowe's used to be the same, if they've changed and now offer their discount to all vets, that's great news!
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

I show Home Depot my stamped Drivers license and they accept it most of time. I got a 10% discount Monday.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

All I've ever had to show was my retired ID. It's great they now honor all vets.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

MJR

Post by MJR »

My VA card alone has always done it in both Lowe's and Home Depot.

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

Another reason why I shop there over Home Depot. HD only gives the discount to active duty or retired military (except for a few times a year). I registered online and now with My Lowes I automatically get the discount.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

I have never been denied 10% off using my veteran stamp on my DL. weird hearing these other stories.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Return to “Off-Topic”