Climate Change: take my test

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

stroo
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Climate Change: take my test

Post by stroo »

Predictions are out now that Artificial Intelligence will make human life superfluous in fifty years. If so, why should I worry about climate change that is going to take 100+ years to have ill effects, if any of it is true?

ninjabread

Post by ninjabread »

They claim climate change is man made and harmful to man. If they are right, the problem is self correcting.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 2

Post by treadlightly »

The first minute or so is irrelevant and somewhat offensive. The rest is an interesting view on climate science - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_RuverrEZ4

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TreyHouston »

VERY NICE VIDEO! I learned in oceanography that there are mini ice ages every 500 years or so caused by deap artic water. Can't really explain it here but it is the natural cycle of the earth...
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

rdcrags

Post by rdcrags »

TreyHouston wrote:VERY NICE VIDEO! I learned in oceanography that there are mini ice ages every 500 years or so caused by deap artic water. Can't really explain it here but it is the natural cycle of the earth...
Speaking of ice ages:
plot.jpg
• This planet has always been moving toward or away from an ice age. Is it not logical that, at any time, we should expect the global temperature to be either rising or falling? Isn’t it presumptuous to think that mankind or other creatures can overcome and reverse such trends? Global warming watchers often use sea water temperature as a key component of their theory on man-made warming. The so-called "Little ice aged" lasted about 150 years, ending at about the end of the Civil War. A casual reading of the temperature chart leads to some questions needing to be answered by today’s experts.
What “human activity” caused the various warming trends indicated? Specifically, during the 1700s, while recovering from the indicated low temperature, could mankind (and womenkind) during that time have stopped the “Global Warming” in its tracks and maintained the icy climate? How? By any of the following actions?
• Population control, humans and animal herds
• Restrict the burning of wood and coal
• Outlaw the development of the steam engine and trains
• Limit the use of refined petroleum to filling lamps
Were those living during those warming trends as upset over the climate change as some of our people are today? Surely, the temperature changes challenged the people’s ability to adapt to the environment. The industrial revolution and carbon dioxide emissions from burning fossil fuels do not fit either of the timelines of the cooling down period or the warming up period of the little ice age. Consequently, today’s eminent scientists have turned their attention to correlating the sun’s flaring activity and earth’s volcanic eruptions with the earth’s sea and air temperatures during the little ice age, hoping to establish a connection. We trust they will refrain from discarding data that do not support their theory, as they are wont to do. I presented an oral book report in the 9th grade on the subject of sun spots. Our planet temperature depends on the radiation of heat from the sun. Sun spots are the visual sign of unusual flaring activity. The flares increase the heat and radiation activities traveling through space. Our planet absorbs some of that extra heat.
TX CHL 1997

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

I am becoming more and more convinced that wherever there is publicity and multinational consensus on anything the underlying reason is likely consolidation of wealth and power regardless of the stated issue/goal. Anthropomorphic Climate Change, even if it is proved to be a significant effect, reeks of transfer/consolidation of wealth and power. "Massaged" data being used to pull on heartstrings is a clear indicator that truth lies elsewhere.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 5

Post by philip964 »

https://www.apnews.com/bd45c372caf118ec99964ea547880cd0

AP news story about UN report on Global Warming.

Disaster - entire countries could disappear. We only have 10 years to turn the course, before it is beyond human control.

RicoTX

Post by RicoTX »

Climate change is real. The question of human impact has meant that nobody thinks about the future. Personally I don't think it really matters. While everyone argues about our impact on the planet, it is still happening. If the oceans rise 6 inches, regardless of why, and your house or business is lost, don't look too me for support, because you should have known better.

Of course, I feel the same way anytime a hurricane destroys someone's house that is uninsured... because they had no idea that could happen right? You know like living in Houston and being shocked that it floods? Or closer to home for me, living on a lake that is usually constant level and being shocked that sometimes it floods too.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

philip964 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:07 pm https://www.apnews.com/bd45c372caf118ec99964ea547880cd0

Disaster - entire countries could disappear. We only have 10 years to turn the course, before it is beyond human control.
Is my math off, or is the ten year window given in 1989, already closed? I guess I missed all of the Egyptian flooding, the inundation, of the east coast, the seven degree temperature rise, that has occurred, since then. I guess the MSM, was too busy to report on all of these predictions, which have come true. Especially since it was made by a senior UN Environmental official.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

jason812
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jason812 »

I wonder if this will change the weather and how the government will save us?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/learningen ... 75913.html
Earth’s north magnetic pole is moving, researchers say.

It has moved so much, so quickly that a group of scientists hurried to change a model that helps guide shipping, airplanes and submarines in the Arctic Ocean.

Last week, the scientists released new information on the north magnetic pole sooner than they had planned.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Jusme wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:40 pm
philip964 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:07 pm https://www.apnews.com/bd45c372caf118ec99964ea547880cd0

Is my math off, or is the ten year window given in 1989, already closed? I guess I missed all of the Egyptian flooding, the inundation, of the east coast, the seven degree temperature rise, that has occurred, since then. I guess the MSM, was too busy to report on all of these predictions, which have come true. Especially since it was made by a senior UN Environmental official.
Well done Justme. 30 years ago we just had 10 years to solve the problem or it’s out of human control.

Article from 1989. Funny how the story hasn’t changed.

canvasbck

Post by canvasbck »

bblhd672 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:30 pm Obviously a ban on dihydrogen oxide is needed.
Use the correct chemical name

Dihydrogen monooxide
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Mark Steyn was on for Rush Limbaugh earlier this week he mentioned a lawsuit by Michael Mann against him where he teased Michael Mann about his hockey Stick graph used by AlGore in his first movie An Inconvenient Truth. Apparently the suit is going to the Supreme Court. He has the Washington Post, ACLU, New York Times on his side writing amicus briefs. It will be the most important 1st Amendment case in 55 years.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/24-media- ... 10374.html

But the story gets deeper and somehow now involves a billionaire poker player who made his money on student loans.

https://wirenews.org/news/cary-katz-sue ... eyn-award/

And somehow even Glen Beck is involved with this Cary Katz.

https://www.steynonline.com/8714/katz-c ... keep-guide

Who knew Climate Change could get this wild, with conservatives some how on the wrong side of the issue.

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TreyHouston »

Why is Iceland green and Greenland ice? Im sure that last mini ice age was due to pollution 400 years ago! Too many stove fires? :confused5 :confused5
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Return to “Off-Topic”