OK I'm getting jealous!!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Jusme
Posts in topic: 10

OK I'm getting jealous!!

Post by Jusme »

I have been reading the posts of the folks who live in Houston, regarding their monthly breakfast get-togethers, and I would like to do the same thing in my area.

I live in Alvarado, about 25 miles south of FT. Worth. I would be willing to drive to Ft. Worth, south Arlington, Mansfield, or anywhere else within 30 miles or so, to be able to get together with other forum members. It will have to be on Saturdays, because I work during the week, and church obligations preclude most Sunday opportunities.

Please chime in with suggestions of locations, dates, etc, and see if we can get a bunch of us together to keep the Houston folks from having all of the fun!! :mrgreen:

There is a Our Place restaurant in Burleson, as well as, one in Mansfield, that are well known for breakfasts, but I am open to other suggestions. :tiphat:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

suthdj
Posts in topic: 2

Re: OK I'm getting jealous!!

Post by suthdj »

I am up around keller i think distance is our biggest drawback around here. I can muster a once a month breakfast though I think.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 1

Post by crazy2medic »

I've been thinking about this also, distance and gun friendly restaurant are the two hurdles as best I can tell, what say you?
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 6

Post by bblhd672 »

I'm in south Arlington, so I'd be good with a "southern" get together. Would have to be Saturdays for me as well.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
Jusme

Post by Jusme »

We don't have to make it the same place every month, that way we can "spread the wealth" so to speak, so that the same folks don't have to drive as far each time.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

You'll have to make it to one of our DFW area skeet days. Our more recent meetings have been at Elm Fork in Dallas, and then we have lunch at a nearby Mexican restaurant afterwards. But we have also met at Alpine range for skeet about 3 times. But I'd be open to a breakfast meeting somewhere. I'm in Grapevine, so Burleson is 35 miles for me. But if we can mitigate that a little bit, I'd be in.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Jusme wrote:I have been reading the posts of the folks who live in Houston, regarding their monthly breakfast get-togethers, and I would like to do the same thing in my area.

I live in Alvarado, about 25 miles south of FT. Worth. I would be willing to drive to Ft. Worth, south Arlington, Mansfield, or anywhere else within 30 miles or so, to be able to get together with other forum members. It will have to be on Saturdays, because I work during the week, and church obligations preclude most Sunday opportunities.

Please chime in with suggestions of locations, dates, etc, and see if we can get a bunch of us together to keep the Houston folks from having all of the fun!! :mrgreen:

There is a Our Place restaurant in Burleson, as well as, one in Mansfield, that are well known for breakfasts, but I am open to other suggestions. :tiphat:
Seems we should start getting together to plan how we will participate as a group in the NRA National Convention that will be upcoming here in Dallas.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

LucasMcCain
Posts in topic: 3

Post by LucasMcCain »

There's a Rudy's barbecue right on the service road of I-20 in south Arlington. No signs and pro gun as far as I know. Really big inside with lots of long tables and benches and such. It's the best chain restaurant barbecue I've had. Just a suggestion. It's also in the same parking lot as Gander Mountain.
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

Topic author
Jusme

Post by Jusme »

LucasMcCain wrote:There's a Rudy's barbecue right on the service road of I-20 in south Arlington. No signs and pro gun as far as I know. Really big inside with lots of long tables and benches and such. It's the best chain restaurant barbecue I've had. Just a suggestion. It's also in the same parking lot as Gander Mountain.

Works for me. It is only about 30 miles from my house. I'm flexible, within reason, I don't mind going a little further. I just want to have a meet and greet with all of the folks I banter with on here.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Jusme wrote:
LucasMcCain wrote:There's a Rudy's barbecue right on the service road of I-20 in south Arlington. No signs and pro gun as far as I know. Really big inside with lots of long tables and benches and such. It's the best chain restaurant barbecue I've had. Just a suggestion. It's also in the same parking lot as Gander Mountain.

Works for me. It is only about 30 miles from my house. I'm flexible, within reason, I don't mind going a little further. I just want to have a meet and greet with all of the folks I banter with on here.
BBQ for breakfast? Ok, this is Texas after all. I'm in.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

LucasMcCain
Posts in topic: 3

Post by LucasMcCain »

bblhd672 wrote:
Jusme wrote:

I don't see it on their website, but I would have sworn they had a breakfast menu. After all, they open at 6 am. I'll try to swing by tomorrow or the next day and report back.
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

LucasMcCain wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:
Jusme wrote:

I don't see it on their website, but I would have sworn they had a breakfast menu. After all, they open at 6 am. I'll try to swing by tomorrow or the next day and report back.
I drive past there every day and have never stopped. Need to check it out.

On a separate off-topic but somehow related note :mrgreen: we ate at a new bbq place between Mansfield and Burleson on 1187 Saturday. It's worth stopping if you are passing by and hungry. Plus there's a gun store next door, which was our reason for being in that area!
http://smokeymaesbbq.com/

Topic author
Jusme

Post by Jusme »

bblhd672 wrote:
LucasMcCain wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:
Jusme wrote:

I drive past there every day and have never stopped. Need to check it out.

On a separate off-topic but somehow related note :mrgreen: we ate at a new bbq place between Mansfield and Burleson on 1187 Saturday. It's worth stopping if you are passing by and hungry. Plus there's a gun store next door, which was our reason for being in that area!
http://smokeymaesbbq.com/

Mrs. Jusme and I were going to go there the second weekend they were opened, but they were "making adjustments" and were closed. I do plan on going there again. I have been in the gun store several times, but never found anything I couldn't live without...yet.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Jusme wrote: Mrs. Jusme and I were going to go there the second weekend they were opened, but they were "making adjustments" and were closed. I do plan on going there again. I have been in the gun store several times, but never found anything I couldn't live without...yet.
The wife and I were at the gun store getting new night sights put on my M&P 2.0. While we were waiting one of the guys behind the counter asked me if I had seen anything I couldn't live without. I turned and pointed at my wife and said "her." Major points awarded! :biggrinjester:

Return to “Off-Topic”