DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 16

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Jusme wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:OK, I've put it on my calendar. Unless something comes up, I plan to make it.

:anamatedbanana

Yeah, I have already made it a "unless I'm dead" situation, I'll be there. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
I'm bringing The Annoyed Woman with me. But I have to get her home at a reasonable hour......as she plans to spend the rest of the day making her world-famous boudain-stuffed chile-rellenos for me for Father's Day dinner. Yes, she's that kind of cook, that she invented chile-rellenos stuffed with boudain.

I married above my station in life.......
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Jusme
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Jusme »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Jusme wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:OK, I've put it on my calendar. Unless something comes up, I plan to make it.

Yeah, I have already made it a "unless I'm dead" situation, I'll be there. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
I'm bringing The Annoyed Woman with me. But I have to get her home at a reasonable hour......as she plans to spend the rest of the day making her world-famous boudain-stuffed chile-rellenos for me for Father's Day dinner. Yes, she's that kind of cook, that she invented chile-rellenos stuffed with boudain.

Yes you definitely did. Never tried boudin in chili rellenos, but it sounds good! Look forward to meeting both of you. Mrs. Jusme hasn't committed yet but if she does she will be there also.
Last edited by Jusme on Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

C-dub
Posts in topic: 57

Post by C-dub »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
I would wager $$ that most of us have.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 16

Post by The Annoyed Man »

C-dub wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
I know for a fact that you and I got better kids than we deserved! :thumbs2:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

:clapping:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
C-dub wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
I know for a fact that you and I got better kids than we deserved! :thumbs2:
:clapping: ;-)
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Vol Texan »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Jusme wrote:

OK, now you've got me. I might have to make the trip from Houston for this event, as long as I get an invite to the (not yet announced) after-party at TAM's house as well. I could eat me some boudin stuffed chilies.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

And just like that I'm unable to come. I found out this evening that my daughter's softball team got into a tournament this weekend, so off we go to wherever.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Jusme »

C-dub wrote:And just like that I'm unable to come. I found out this evening that my daughter's softball team got into a tournament this weekend, so off we go to wherever.

I hate to hear that C-Dub. Good luck in the tournament, maybe you'll be able to make the next one.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 65

Post by bblhd672 »

C-dub wrote:And just like that I'm unable to come. I found out this evening that my daughter's softball team got into a tournament this weekend, so off we go to wherever.
Family first! See you next time.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

bblhd672 wrote:
Family first! See you next time.
Always!

I still hope to arrange another skeet shoot sometime in July or early August before school starts. If there are enough folks that are able to get together for that we'll run a couple of bays and then get some lunch afterward. We'll just see how that goes.

I'm sure ya'll will have a good time even without me this time.

flowrie
Posts in topic: 1

Post by flowrie »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:We need one of these for North DFW!

Rudy's breakfast is breakfast tacos. And BBQ. :thumbs2:
I agree, I am in the Denton area, going to I-20breakfast, talking, etc..and back would be almost an all day trip.

Having a North DFW gathering would be great!
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

flowrie wrote:
TexasJohnBoy wrote:We need one of these for North DFW!

Rudy's breakfast is breakfast tacos. And BBQ. :thumbs2:
I agree, I am in the Denton area, going to I-20breakfast, talking, etc..and back would be almost an all day trip.

Having a North DFW gathering would be great!
A couple of guys met up in Frisco last weekend, but the notice was too short for me to show up. Denton would work for me also
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Jnazee
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Jnazee »

Will the date and time of the next meeting be posted in this same thread? Would love to make this one, but already have things going on.

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 65

Post by bblhd672 »

Jnazee wrote:Will the date and time of the next meeting be posted in this same thread? Would love to make this one, but already have things going on.
Yes, this thread will continue to have the most recent day, time and location for future meets.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Jnazee
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Jnazee »

bblhd672 wrote:
Jnazee wrote:Will the date and time of the next meeting be posted in this same thread? Would love to make this one, but already have things going on.
Yes, this thread will continue to have the most recent day, time and location for future meets.
Thank you bblhd672, I'll be watching and waiting for the next one. :)

Return to “Off-Topic”