DFW North/NorthEast Quadrant Breakfast

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 132

Re: DFW North/NorthEast Quadrant Breakfast

Post by Flightmare »

AndyC wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:28 pm I'm sure going to try to be there!
Bring your leatherwork to show off!
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

wally775
Posts in topic: 9

Post by wally775 »

I am going to try to make it this time.
Would like to meet and greet some forum members.

:tiphat:

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 132

Post by Flightmare »

wally775 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:21 pm I am going to try to make it this time.
Would like to meet and greet some forum members.

:tiphat:
You are more than welcome to join us. I'm usually wearing one of my many 2A shirts, so should be easy enough to spot.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 8

Post by chasfm11 »

Great meeting! We had an interesting range of topics and I enjoyed meeting new folks. I wish I could come more often.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Lena
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Lena »

just wish it was closer like more east! If was would have been there
Stay Safe

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 8

Post by chasfm11 »

Lena wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:35 pm just wish it was closer like more east! If was would have been there
I feel your pain. I have to drive from DFW Airport to Commerce a few times and always at a difficult time from a traffic standpoint. It isn't fun. But sometimes, the results are worth it.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 70
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

We had a great turnout of 8 today: AndyC, chasfm11, C-dub, flightmare, flightmare's friend W, SIA, strogg, and our freshest attendee Wally775.

Next week some or all of us will be at Arlington, TX to join our pals over there.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Lena

Post by Lena »

chasfm11 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:48 pm
Lena wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:35 pm just wish it was closer like more east! If was would have been there
I feel your pain. I have to drive from DFW Airport to Commerce a few times and always at a difficult time from a traffic standpoint. It isn't fun. But sometimes, the results are worth it.
As long as I lived and worked Dallas know it like a book I hate to go there plus 1-1/2 hr 1 way maybe more, would love to attend BUT not drive 3 hrs to do so, sure wish a meeting in Garland-Rockwall area or even more east anyone wish to shoot a match then a lunch next Sat?
Stay Safe

C-dub
Posts in topic: 50

Post by C-dub »

Lena wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:06 pm
As long as I lived and worked Dallas know it like a book I hate to go there plus 1-1/2 hr 1 way maybe more, would love to attend BUT not drive 3 hrs to do so, sure wish a meeting in Garland-Rockwall area or even more east anyone wish to shoot a match then a lunch next Sat?
We completely forgot to talk about meeting out in Terrell one of the off weekends. That's still in the works Lena. Is Terrell close enough? That's about an hour or a little more for most of us and IIRC, you're near Tyler, so about an hour for you too, right?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

C-dub
Posts in topic: 50

Post by C-dub »

Lena wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:06 pm
We completely forgot to talk about meeting out in Terrell one of the off weekends. That's still in the works Lena. Is Terrell close enough? That's about an hour or a little more for most of us and IIRC, you're near Tyler, so about an hour for you too, right? Maybe we can even draw in some other eastern folks to Terrell.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Lena

Post by Lena »

Depending on how many would show my club is in Terrell and I know a VERY gun friendly place to eat even has a paved parking lot, we could go shoot afterwards, guests are $5 a day draw from holster allowed just cant bring my select fire or shoot steel rest all ok, I am very close and go weekly or come shoot next Sat match and have lunch as my guest? Due to heat we start at 0800 should be done cleaned up and eating by noon or real close to it, probably 130 rounds + -. Know more as week goes on. Remotely just maybe a 2 gun match possible doubt it though. PM if anyone interested, very layed back friendly match expecting 25++.
Stay Safe

wally775
Posts in topic: 9

Post by wally775 »

Really had a good time this morning. Good to meet everyone.
Look forward to doing it again.
Thank you for the welcome.

:patriot:

Return to “Off-Topic”