Back in the Saddle Again

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 21

Back in the Saddle Again

Post by C-dub »

Mrs. Dub decided we needed something else to spend our money on rather than firearms. OKAY!!!

I picker her up and brought her home today with 000000.6 miles one her. Rides good, but smells funny. I haven't had a new bike since 2005, so I don't remember exactly what that "new bike" smell is like. We'll make a few rides around North Texas before trying anything quasi major. She said for that she'd like to go over to Hot Springs and then cruise around the Ozarks a bit.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Back in the Saddle Again

Post by RPBrown »

We just got back from Colorado. Rode the Million Dollar Highway again. Cold and wet but a lot of fun.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

nimravus01
Posts in topic: 1

Post by nimravus01 »

Nice ride!

rentz

Post by rentz »

i want to get a motorcycle license and a bike but the lil woman keeps saying i cant because theyre deathtraps :banghead:

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Sweet. I hope you enjoy it in safety.

That is a long bike. Is that the stretch model?

I'd ride one but it seems I have a bullseye painted on my back. I was rearended 11 times in my 1999 Super Duty, 10 of which were on their cell phones. I have been lucky so far with my 2013.

If'n I was to get one Mrs. Anygun wouldn't ride on it with me anyway. She refuses to ride in a boat with me just because of one time I decided to get air under the hull at wide open throttle back in my young sailor days.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

flechero

Post by flechero »

C-dub wrote:Mrs. Dub decided we needed something else to spend our money on rather than firearms. OKAY!!!
Why not kill 2 birds with one stone? Those carriers look big enough for several pistol boxes!! :lol:

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

It's big. 400 pounds heavier and I think about 3 inches longer than my last bike, a Hayabusa. It doesn't feel that much heavier. It's the regular size and all. This is a 2016 that was still on the floor with all the bells and whistles for about $6k less than this year's model in a different color. It just went on sale since they are hoping to thin our their stock and was one of the few 2016's left on the floor. They also still have several 2017's, but none of them are on sale.

I've been riding for over 40 years and licensed for about 36 of those.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

The Marshal
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Marshal »

OUTSTANDING!!!
I look forward to our trip to the Range on MCs!

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

The Marshal wrote:OUTSTANDING!!!
Oh yeah! That's what I was thinking. I'm working on how to get a rifle or two on, but might have to limit it to handguns when Winging it.

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 6

Post by RPBrown »

C-dub wrote:
Oh yeah! That's what I was thinking. I'm working on how to get a rifle or two on, but might have to limit it to handguns when Winging it.
Check one of these out
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Roughout-Le ... 3093029910
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Nice! Just watch out for the idiots who can't seem to see motorcycles!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

RPBrown wrote:
C-dub wrote:
Check one of these out
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Roughout-Le ... 3093029910
:thumbs2:

I have many cases of a few different styles. It's just a matter of how to affix any of them to the bike securely. The larger ones that go in pelican and SKB cases will probably not be going for rides. They may be limited to going in the truck.

Although,taking just handguns wouldn't be horrible.

JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

C-dub wrote:
Had an 82 Suzuki GS1100GKZ. (full fairing, hard bags, tail trunk - not quite as big as a Wing, but close) Would just put the rifle(s) in a hard shell case and bungee it crosswise on the passenger seat. It didn't stick out appreciably farther than the fairing and bags already did......
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 3

Post by treadlightly »

Nice! Mine's the red and black paint scheme and has some trickery under the tupperware. The first thing I did was get Raceworx in Alvaredo to install Traxxion Dynamics' Full Monty suspension upgrade. The difference is night and day. Helibars help, too, because they don't flex.

A touring bike that carves like a sportbike. There are worse ways to spend an afternoon than aboard a Gold Wing, particularly with enhancements.

'Course, it hasn't been entirely without worry. Nothing serious, but the other day I noticed this odd clacking. The bike still felt turbine smooth, but there was this cyclic click I found most disconcerting.

Silly me. It was my new wristwatch. Had me fooled. I now keep it in the top shelter pocket when I ride so it's not such a distraction from the whisper thrust of that flat six. Even a Rolex isn't as well balanced as that motor.

Ride safe.

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote:
C-dub wrote:
Had an 82 Suzuki GS1100GKZ. (full fairing, hard bags, tail trunk - not quite as big as a Wing, but close) Would just put the rifle(s) in a hard shell case and bungee it crosswise on the passenger seat. It didn't stick out appreciably farther than the fairing and bags already did......
:thumbs2:
I had an '83 GS1100E that I put soft bags on and rode from Memphis to San Diego with the bags full, a trombone across the back seat, a full seabag on
top of the bone, and another smaller bag strapped on top of the seabag. Did that when I was 18y all by myself.

The seats on this Wing are much softer than that '83. I've considered what you've suggested and will try that with the soft case, but I don't want to strap anything rigid to them that might put a crease in or tear them.

Return to “Off-Topic”