What’s with the gun community

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 1

Re: What’s with the gun community

Post by SewTexas »

Good rant.
Over the weekend I ended up in a discussion on a FB small biz page discussing handmade holsters a lady wants to start making and selling. One of the people in the discussion was a lady who is an instructor who said that she recommends that women carry revolvers because the are simpler to operate...I kept it polite but I let her know that her thinking needed to change....quickly. Several other people, men and women, quickly agreed with me. Women, and men, need to carry what they will shoot.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 3

Re: What’s with the gun community

Post by cmgee67 »

SewTexas wrote:Good rant.
Over the weekend I ended up in a discussion on a FB small biz page discussing handmade holsters a lady wants to start making and selling. One of the people in the discussion was a lady who is an instructor who said that she recommends that women carry revolvers because the are simpler to operate...I kept it polite but I let her know that her thinking needed to change....quickly. Several other people, men and women, quickly agreed with me. Women, and men, need to carry what they will shoot.
Good post. I agree with you. I did something with my wife that 90% of men that I know and have seen never do. I let her PICK HER OWN GUN!!!!!!! GASP!!!!! :shock:
She shot a smith and Wesson shield, Ruger LC9s, Taurus 85, Ruger lcr 9mm, glock 26, glock 43, glock 21, glock 19 Ruger lcp, 45 shield, and a couple others I’m sure I’m missing and she chose a revolver out of all the different ones she shot because with her hands being small and becoming what I fear arthritic the single action double action revolver in 38 spl works best in her hands and she can hit the target very well. I never forced her or pushed her into choosing what she did, she came to that conclusion on her own. She can shoot lights out with my glock 19 but it’s sometimes hard for her to hold. She knows how to use her gun and safely operate it. She doesn’t particularly enjoy shooting but goes to keep her skill up and she knows the importance of guns and self defense. She asks me most times when we go somewhere if I am carrying because it makes her feel safe.

Return to “Off-Topic”