Police in Denison said a restaurant employee refused to serve two Denison officers early Saturday morning.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

warnmar10
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Police in Denison said a restaurant employee refused to serve two Denison officers early Saturday morning.

Post by warnmar10 »

Abraham wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:04 am Were I an LEO, I'd make my own food, sandwiches or whatever and a thermos full of coffee.
There is still Chick-fil-A

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Police in Denison said a restaurant employee refused to serve two Denison officers early Saturday morning.

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

The police work for the people, including business owners. And private property rights definitely trump the rights of police to get something to eat, or to shop, just like they trump my rights as a citizen to get something to eat, or to shop. If business owners want to bar police from their business, they absolutely should have the right to do so. But as the saying goes, just because you have the right to do something, does not mean that it is the right thing to do. I don't think that business owners should bar police (or any other class of people) from their establishments.

warnmar10
Posts in topic: 4

Post by warnmar10 »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:56 am The police work for the people, including business owners. And private property rights definitely trump the rights of police to get something to eat, or to shop, just like they trump my rights as a citizen to get something to eat, or to shop. If business owners want to bar police from their business, they absolutely should have the right to do so. But as the saying goes, just because you have the right to do something, does not mean that it is the right thing to do. I don't think that business owners should bar police (or any other class of people) from their establishments.
There should be a signage requirement, think 30.06. 'Pursuant to public law 30.? police officers may not enter this establishment in uniform or while armed...' Then, say, there is a robbery or a pack of "teenagers" ransacks the place, the police will see the sign at the door and know to just wait outside until the BG comes out or the teenagers wear themselves down and start coming out on their own.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

warnmar10 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:05 am
Soccerdad1995 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:56 am The police work for the people, including business owners. And private property rights definitely trump the rights of police to get something to eat, or to shop, just like they trump my rights as a citizen to get something to eat, or to shop. If business owners want to bar police from their business, they absolutely should have the right to do so. But as the saying goes, just because you have the right to do something, does not mean that it is the right thing to do. I don't think that business owners should bar police (or any other class of people) from their establishments.
There should be a signage requirement, think 30.06. 'Pursuant to public law 30.? police officers may not enter this establishment in uniform or while armed...' Then, say, there is a robbery or a pack of "teenagers" ransacks the place, the police will see the sign at the door and know to just wait outside until the BG comes out or the teenagers wear themselves down and start coming out on their own.
I agree that it is hypocritical (at best) to say that you don't want someone coming on your property, and then ask for their help later on. It's like "disowning" your brother, and then asking him for a loan later on.

BBYC
Posts in topic: 3

Post by BBYC »

Liberty wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:55 am
skeathley wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:38 pm I think police SHOULD be a protected class, and should be allowed to carry in any business. Cops are working for the public, and it is an insult to treat them like criminals.
If people want to be snippy about LE, let them move to Cuba.

:rules:
It's interesting, because Cuba is what we refer to as a "police state"
:iagree:

Maybe the police who think they deserve better treatment than the general public are the ones who should move (back) to Cuba. I'm looking at you Ace.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

BBYC
Posts in topic: 3

Post by BBYC »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:01 am I agree that it is hypocritical (at best) to say that you don't want someone coming on your property, and then ask for their help later on. It's like "disowning" your brother, and then asking him for a loan later on.
Are we saying schools that don't allow "civilians" to carry haveno claim to help from "civilians' in school shootings?

Are we saying police who enforce gun control laws shouldn't expext the public to come to their aid?

Or are we saying people paid to do a job should be able to take the paycheck but not do the job?
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Paladin »

From what I am understanding a Whataburger employee refused to serve LEOs and the manager did not intervene.

While I am not a LEO, that is not my general experience at Whataburger restaurants. Whataburger often provides discounts to those in uniform.

If it was me, on the principle that Whataburger would not serve me, I would refuse to go back and give them my business. Forcing the situation would just make it worse. I don't want disgruntled employee's messing with my food.

I wish the corporate office at Whataburger would get these messes sorted out. It seems like minimum wage teenagers are running the company into the ground.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

BBYC wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:23 pm
Soccerdad1995 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:01 am I agree that it is hypocritical (at best) to say that you don't want someone coming on your property, and then ask for their help later on. It's like "disowning" your brother, and then asking him for a loan later on.
Are we saying schools that don't allow "civilians" to carry haveno claim to help from "civilians' in school shootings?

Are we saying police who enforce gun control laws shouldn't expext the public to come to their aid?

Or are we saying people paid to do a job should be able to take the paycheck but not do the job?
No. I'm not saying any of those things. I'm saying that it is hypocritical (at best) to say that you don't want someone on your property and then to turn around and ask for them to come on your property and help you later on when you are in need.

If you are too good for cops (getting back to the topic of this thread) and you don't want them in your restaurant, then it is a bit hypocritical to later ask for their help. So my personal belief is that business owners should not bar police, or anyone else, that they might be asking to help them later on. But I also believe that you should have the right to tell anyone, including cops, that they aren't welcome in your place of business. And even if you do this, you should have the right to later ask them for help, and they should respond to that request.

I would also expand this a bit, and say to Lebron, Stephen, and the other overpaid crybabies playing professional sports that if they are too good for the President of our country, whom I support, then they should not ask me to support them by watching them run and jump like they are being paid to do. It doesn't mean that they don't have a right to act like impetulant children toward our President, and later ask me for my help. They have the right to behave like they do. But it definitely isn't the right thing to do.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Abraham »

Soccerdad1995,

Well said!

Return to “Off-Topic”