Police in Denison said a restaurant employee refused to serve two Denison officers early Saturday morning.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Abraham
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Police in Denison said a restaurant employee refused to serve two Denison officers early Saturday morning.

Post by Abraham »

So is it confirmed WB didn't demote or can the manager?

MechAg94
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Police in Denison said a restaurant employee refused to serve two Denison officers early Saturday morning.

Post by MechAg94 »

rotor wrote:There are several posts on this forum about Whataburger's stance on firearms and I wouldn't say they are gun friendly. They allow concealed carry but not open carry. I personally prefer a chain that follows state law like WalMart. Anyhow, we are DQ people. Haven't seen many negative DQ posts.
I recall they said they would not allow open carry, but I have never see one posted with 30.07. Have there been any reports of people asked to leave? I generally only conceal carry so it doesn't come up.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

MechAg94 said: I recall they said they would not allow open carry, but I have never see one posted with 30.07. Have there been any reports of people asked to leave? I generally only conceal carry so it doesn't come up.
MechAg94, in answer to your question:
Whataburger 1108, Hwy 298 & FM 973. Spring, 2016. Manager said carrying openly was not allowed.

I pulled out my shirt tail and covered my BTA90. I have not been to a Whataburger since.
Last edited by oljames3 on Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I generally don't have a huge issue with a business that takes an anti-OC stance, as long as they don't post 30.06 signs. It is an inconvenience, and kind of a reverse dress code, since it may force me to look less presentable when I visit their establishment by untucking one half of a dress shirt, etc. Kind of like a restaurant that required you to roll up one pant leg before entering. But I understand that these places are just trying to appease the ignorant snowflake portion of their customer base while still allowing me to exercise my rights. For the most part, these places are just trying to focus on business and not politics.

My issue with Whataburger has more to do with the manner and timing of how they announced their anti-OC stance. They made a very public announcement right after the law was passed that they wouldn't allow OC. They didn't wait til the law took effect to see if there were any issues / incidents. Contrary to what I said above about most 30.07 only businesses, they DID play politics, IMHO, in their manner of adopting their stance.

And yes, I know that they don't post 30.07 signage. That is a distinction without a difference when it comes to OC, IMHO, since they do give verbal notice when an employee sees a handgun.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Yep, like WB, HEB has no 30.06 sign posted either, so they aren't trying to disarm us. They are among many other businesses who aren't trying to disarm us, but find OC something they don't want.

I find this (no OC in their business) nothing that I'm going to get in a snit about...

My snit-ness becomes activated at 30.06 signage.

If OC isn't allowed in a business, but concealed carry is perfectly O.K., then they're O.K. with me.

My wish is an insistence that businesses bar customers who wear their trousers at mid-thigh level, exposing their disgusting underwear, like I witnessed at a Kroger recently. This self semi-hobbled cretin's appearance made me nauseous.

However, Kroger's does allow OC...

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Isn't anyone curious why the boyfriend was arrested?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

BBYC
Posts in topic: 3

Post by BBYC »

C-dub wrote:Isn't anyone curious why the boyfriend was arrested?
No but I don't keep up with the Kardashians either.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

C-dub wrote:Isn't anyone curious why the boyfriend was arrested?
No, but I am hoping that this employee never finds herself pulled over for speeding or anything else. I'm sure the local LEO's will be completely and totally professional. But I'm willing to bet that she doesn't end up with a verbal warning, either.

ninjabread

Post by ninjabread »

warnmar10 wrote:I don't think the police are a protected class from a public accommodation standpoint. A business should be allowed to refuse service to police if that's what they want to do. But what if a black, female, gay, handicapped Jewish police officer with a speech impediment tried to buy a cheeseburger?
Is she open carrying in a Whataburger?
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

skeathley

Post by skeathley »

I think police SHOULD be a protected class, and should be allowed to carry in any business. Cops are working for the public, and it is an insult to treat them like criminals.
If people want to be snippy about LE, let them move to Cuba.

:rules:
Texas LTC Instructor / RSO / SSC
Viet Nam Veteran: 25th Infantry, Cu Chi
https://mckinneyfirearmstraining.com

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

A business likewise should not be allowed to refuse service to our police officers or any first res ponder.

Allons

Post by Allons »

Take Down Sicko wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:52 pm A business likewise should not be allowed to refuse service to our police officers or any first res ponder.
:iagree:
Why would you want to? If something goes wrong at your place of business who are you going to call?
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

flechero

Post by flechero »

If they can bar a CC'er they should be able to bar a LEO. But neither or both only.

Although, they will never see the err of their ways until they need that armed first responder.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

skeathley wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:38 pm I think police SHOULD be a protected class, and should be allowed to carry in any business. Cops are working for the public, and it is an insult to treat them like criminals.
If people want to be snippy about LE, let them move to Cuba.

:rules:
It's interesting, because Cuba is what we refer to as a "police state"

Not all agencies are serving the public interest. Historically we had several local LEO agencies that have been caught with their fingers in on the coffers. The feds most are some of the most corrupt politically driven mobs. They are confiscating cash and assets without trials or charges. Spying on opposing parties and entrapping political enemies with trumped up charges. The sole purposes of some agencies (BATFE) are to limit our constitutional rights. I believe that by definition that they are a criminal organization as is the DHS or local departments that post and support illegal gun signs. The Kendleton speedtrap scandal, the Kemah clowns, or Tulia race scandal of our recent past.

These days its more important than ever to keep a leash on these agencies. There are some that are working very hard to strip us of our rights. There are still too many departments and officers who believe that we are the servants to the masters and that they are higher than us in their caste system.

That's not saying that the LEOs don't deserve our respect. They certainly do, but just as importantly we deserve their respect. They should have no more rights to arm and protect themselves than a single mom. They have no more right to expectations of dignity than a swing shift plant worker. We the people are their employers and masters.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Were I an LEO, I'd make my own food, sandwiches or whatever and a thermos full of coffee.

Most of us (me among them) support our LEO"s, but I would no longer trust over the counter food and drink as an LEO from a fast food eatery.

Even the best of the best in the pool of employees who work in fast food restaurants aren't very (generally speaking) of the highest quality. If their lowest quality employee is an LE hater, what you eat and drink is suspect...

Stay away and you know your food and drink is healthy if you prepare it.

Sad world we live in today...

Return to “Off-Topic”