Allegations of Inappropriate Conduct? Schadenfreude at work?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1


Topic author
Abraham
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 8399
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:43 am

Allegations of Inappropriate Conduct? Schadenfreude at work?

#1

Post by Abraham » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:56 pm

Unless someone confesses, allegations are just that...

While I've zero sympathy for those who're are guilty of (fill in the blank), simply being accused isn't evidence.

Of late, many of the accused in the news are liberals I can't stand, but I wouldn't wish them tried by the public and hung out to dry without evidence.

Allegations are hurtling out at a meteoric rate and I find it rather alarming.

Who knows if you're next on the allegation hit parade when you've done nothing more than be pro-2nd Amendment or refuse to recycle your garbage.

Any of us can be accused, alleged, pointed a finger at, for any number of this, that or the other.

It seems Arthur Miller's play "The Crucible" is being re-enacted...over and over.

They can't ALL be guilty or can they...?

What say you?


wil
Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:37 pm

Re: Allegations of Inappropriate Conduct? Schadenfreude at work?

#2

Post by wil » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:12 pm

I don't doubt the leftist types are guilty, given how much hypocrisy we've seen in them on so many other things why would we not expect this kind've behavior when they have the power to get away with it?

Secondly, as vociferously as they scream such accusations at republicans about the 'war on women' it make sense it is no more than them projecting onto us who and what they are. Deep down they know damn well the vast majority of people on this side of the political fence do not engage in such behavior, and they hate us because that truth is something they don't want to face about themselves.

Notice so far the only republican accused of anything, Moore, has had his accusers crawl back into the woodwork when his attorney demanded they produce the yearbook for forensic examination. As soon as it was time to: "put up or shut up"
Where is Allred and her client / Accuser of Moore? Silence from them both......

They are now reaping what they've sown, remember back in the `09's "..it's just sex" and "...character doesn't matter, it's the economy stupid..."
Times have changed politically and culturally, the left has not and it's finally catching up to them.


OneGun
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 823
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:22 am
Location: Houston

Re: Allegations of Inappropriate Conduct? Schadenfreude at work?

#3

Post by OneGun » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:56 pm

Abraham wrote:Unless someone confesses, allegations are just that...


Who knows if you're next on the allegation hit parade when you've done nothing more than be pro-2nd Amendment or refuse to recycle your garbage.

Any of us can be accused, alleged, pointed a finger at, for any number of this, that or the other.

They can't ALL be guilty or can they...?

What say you?
The current environment is a modern-day form of McCarthyism. Conviction based on accusations, not evidence. McCarthyism nearly destroyed a central part of our society when people were looking for the Communist Boogeyman under every pebble. With today's social media and the 24-hour news monster needing to be perpetually fed, this environment will not die down anytime soon. The real question is when will people pay attention to actual facts, not accusations.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

User avatar

bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 4811
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: TX

Re: Allegations of Inappropriate Conduct? Schadenfreude at work?

#4

Post by bblhd672 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:05 pm

More amusing bread and circuses, at least this time its the usual accusers being on the receiving end. I agree with wil's comment above, the majority of the left is a godless, soulless bunch who have rejected much of the morality the right "clings" to. That they engage in the deviant behaviors that they accuse their objects of hate and scorn of participating in is not surprising.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1760
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: Allegations of Inappropriate Conduct? Schadenfreude at work?

#5

Post by TreyHouston » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:04 pm

I agree. I don't like how fast this is gaining steam. I can recall countless times I have seen a girl pinch someones butt, pinch my butt, my friends, say to their friends in the mall “ ummm uhhh, then some comment I cannot make here.
As I type this ANOTHER female teacher (cyfair, houston) is accused of misconduct with a student.
Women are just as guilty of the same shenanigans. Wait till ex spouces start accusing their ex partners . Oh, it’s coming!!!!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

User avatar

bmwrdr
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1083
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:05 pm

Re: Allegations of Inappropriate Conduct? Schadenfreude at work?

#6

Post by bmwrdr » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:42 pm

Ir any of the alleged is guilty they deserve to be punished and officials or politicians should not be an exception and removed from their position if guilty.
Those accusing others years after the event of their complaint should explain all details including eventual personal and/ or financial gains received or may receive.
"Schadenfreude may surely be a primary and/ or secondary motivator.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─


ninjabread
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 647
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:12 pm

Re: Allegations of Inappropriate Conduct? Schadenfreude at work?

#7

Post by ninjabread » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:46 pm

What's silly are the allegations of behavior that wasn't illegal at the time, especially when it's not illegal now.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.


User avatar

mojo84
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 8994
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:07 pm
Location: Boerne, TX (Kendall County)

Re: Allegations of Inappropriate Conduct? Schadenfreude at work?

#8

Post by mojo84 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:14 pm

Oh, the irony the hypocrites supply.

http://youtu.be/8XlhRL3D3Sw
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.


flechero
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2692
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Allegations of Inappropriate Conduct? Schadenfreude at work?

#9

Post by flechero » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:47 pm

Matt L's comments, especially at 2:07 (and the whole thing really) are so ripe today... he's a tool, who could have done this interview into the mirror! His condescending attitude is disgusting.

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 25211
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Allegations of Inappropriate Conduct? Schadenfreude at work?

#10

Post by The Annoyed Man » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:32 pm

Abraham wrote:Unless someone confesses, allegations are just that...

While I've zero sympathy for those who're are guilty of (fill in the blank), simply being accused isn't evidence.

Of late, many of the accused in the news are liberals I can't stand, but I wouldn't wish them tried by the public and hung out to dry without evidence.

Allegations are hurtling out at a meteoric rate and I find it rather alarming.

Who knows if you're next on the allegation hit parade when you've done nothing more than be pro-2nd Amendment or refuse to recycle your garbage.

Any of us can be accused, alleged, pointed a finger at, for any number of this, that or the other.

It seems Arthur Miller's play "The Crucible" is being re-enacted...over and over.

They can't ALL be guilty or can they...?

What say you?
I’ll see your schadenfreude, and raise you a hypocritical man with a titanic ego.......or two: http://www.dailywire.com/news/24102/fla ... oseph-curl
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 25211
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Allegations of Inappropriate Conduct? Schadenfreude at work?

#11

Post by The Annoyed Man » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:35 pm

This trend is growing by leaps and bounds. The latest horndog? Garrison Keillor: https://www.mpr.org/press/2017/11/29/st ... home-compa
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.

User avatar

mojo84
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 8994
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:07 pm
Location: Boerne, TX (Kendall County)

Re: Allegations of Inappropriate Conduct? Schadenfreude at work?

#12

Post by mojo84 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:37 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Abraham wrote:Unless someone confesses, allegations are just that...

While I've zero sympathy for those who're are guilty of (fill in the blank), simply being accused isn't evidence.

Of late, many of the accused in the news are liberals I can't stand, but I wouldn't wish them tried by the public and hung out to dry without evidence.

Allegations are hurtling out at a meteoric rate and I find it rather alarming.

Who knows if you're next on the allegation hit parade when you've done nothing more than be pro-2nd Amendment or refuse to recycle your garbage.

Any of us can be accused, alleged, pointed a finger at, for any number of this, that or the other.

It seems Arthur Miller's play "The Crucible" is being re-enacted...over and over.

They can't ALL be guilty or can they...?

What say you?
I’ll see your schadenfreude, and raise you a hypocritical man with a titanic ego.......or two: http://www.dailywire.com/news/24102/fla ... oseph-curl
Beat you to it. ;-)
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 25211
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Allegations of Inappropriate Conduct? Schadenfreude at work?

#13

Post by The Annoyed Man » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:48 pm

mojo84 wrote:Beat you to it. ;-)
So you did! :oops: :lol:

But I doubled down with a Garrison Keillor. What else yah got? "rlol"
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.

User avatar

ScottDLS
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 4660
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:04 am
Location: DFW Area, TX

Re: Allegations of Inappropriate Conduct? Schadenfreude at work?

#14

Post by ScottDLS » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:08 pm

TreyHouston wrote:I agree. I don't like how fast this is gaining steam. I can recall countless times I have seen a girl pinch someones butt, pinch my butt, my friends, say to their friends in the mall “ ummm uhhh, then some comment I cannot make here.
As I type this ANOTHER female teacher (cyfair, houston) is accused of misconduct with a student.
Women are just as guilty of the same shenanigans. Wait till ex spouces start accusing their ex partners . Oh, it’s coming!!!!
When I was 18, a girl coworker pulled me in the broom closet and (briefly) kissed me on the lips...now I guess I was physically capable of stopping her...if I wanted to...and it really was inappropriate conduct in the workplace (Chuck E Cheese :lol: ). She better hope I don’t remember her name if she decides to run for Senate in NC some 34 years later. :shock: On the other hand, it never would have occurred to me to grab her rear or kiss her in the workplace....Different times the early 80s.... Different times. :nono:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"


talltex
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 780
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:40 pm
Location: Waco area

Re: Allegations of Inappropriate Conduct? Schadenfreude at work?

#15

Post by talltex » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:23 am

wil wrote:I don't doubt the leftist types are guilty, given how much hypocrisy we've seen in them on so many other things why would we not expect this kind've behavior when they have the power to get away with it?

Notice so far the only republican accused of anything, Moore, has had his accusers crawl back into the woodwork when his attorney demanded they produce the yearbook for forensic examination.
Ummm--Joe Barton, our Republican Texas Congressman ??? I don't think any political party has a monopoly on sexual antics, and it's not anything new. There have been sex scandals in Austin and Washington for generations--almost as common as in Hollywood. Ike had a mistress all during WWII and while he was in the White House, as did many others on both sides of the aisle. I'm more concerned at the tidal wave of accusations being made on a daily basis for the last few weeks. Men are having their lives and careers ruined by people making claims of improper sexual advances from 20-40 years ago, when a hug or squeeze was perfectly acceptable in most instances. In over 30 years as a small employer, I honestly can't recall a single female employee that didn't give me a hug on numerous occasions and they spanned all age groups from high school part time interns to grandmothers. It wasn't any form of harrassment on anyone's part. We were all FRIENDS and the affection we had for each other was genuine.
"I looked out under the sun and saw that the race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong" Ecclesiastes 9:11

"The race may not always go to the swift or the battle to the strong, but that's the way the smart money bets" Damon Runyon

Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic”