Good Summer Sausage?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton


twomillenium
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1468
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:42 pm
Location: houston area

Re: Good Summer Sausage?

#16

Post by twomillenium » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:14 pm

Don's Smokehouse makes excellent summer sausage. The are in Waco area but they do mail order. I look for them at gun shows when I go.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

User avatar

anygunanywhere
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 6904
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:16 am
Location: La Grange, Texas

Re: Good Summer Sausage?

#17

Post by anygunanywhere » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:24 pm

Abraham wrote:Lena,

Some of the best sausage products I've ever eaten came from a place called: Praseks on Hwy 59 near El Campo, Texas.

Not only do they make great meat products, they're absolutely great people to do business with.

I'm sure they'd ship you their summer sausage.

I might add: Their stuff cost more, because they make quality stuff, not like big name corporations who turn out tasteless, texture-less, meat stuff for the masses.
:iagree:

Praseks is good stuff.
1911s should be carried openly as God and John Moses Browning (PBUH) intended them to be.
III%


flechero
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1735
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Good Summer Sausage?

#18

Post by flechero » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:23 pm

If you are in the Dallas area, Kuby's has awesome jalapeno cheese salami and summer sausage. I used to shoot deer and make the whole thing into the the J/C Salami!! They started making it with beef/pork about 15 years ago to meet demand. One of the few things I really miss about Dallas...


Kenk
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:02 pm
Location: Austin

Re: Good Summer Sausage?

#19

Post by Kenk » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:29 pm

WildBill wrote:
Lena wrote:What does Brookshire's have Brand?
They carry Old Wisconsin brand sausage.
We've been enjoying Old Wisconsin Beef Garlic Summer Sausage for many years. When we make our almost yearly trip to Wisconsin, I always visit the Sheboygan Outlet Store and bring back a year's supply. We then freeze them.

I just noticed that Amazon Prime has the Beef in a couple of different sizes, but not the Garlic. It's also very tasty.

Ken

User avatar

Topic author
Lena
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 10
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:51 pm
Location: Cash Texas

Re: Good Summer Sausage?

#20

Post by Lena » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:43 pm

I will try that for sure, Sprouts will be 1st as to being able to sample it 1st
Stay Safe

User avatar

Topic author
Lena
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 10
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:51 pm
Location: Cash Texas

Re: Good Summer Sausage?

#21

Post by Lena » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:45 pm

If I get some from Brookshires I will try in when I get outside and either keep or return it tight then
Stay Safe

User avatar

pbwalker
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 3032
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 10:12 am
Location: Northern Colorado

Re: Good Summer Sausage?

#22

Post by pbwalker » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:54 pm

I used to buy this stuff all the time, and it's delicious. HEB stocks it, if you have one around you, and they have a non-Jalapeno version as well. Out of Falls City, TX.

https://www.heb.com/product-detail/poll ... no/1753469

/I miss HEB
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

User avatar

Topic author
Lena
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 10
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:51 pm
Location: Cash Texas

Re: Good Summer Sausage?

#23

Post by Lena » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:18 pm

none close at all
Stay Safe

User avatar

puma guy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 5495
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: Good Summer Sausage?

#24

Post by puma guy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:05 pm

Abraham wrote:Lena,

Some of the best sausage products I've ever eaten came from a place called: Praseks on Hwy 59 near El Campo, Texas.

Not only do they make great meat products, they're absolutely great people to do business with.

I'm sure they'd ship you their summer sausage.

I might add: Their stuff cost more, because they make quality stuff, not like big name corporations who turn out tasteless, texture-less, meat stuff for the masses.
Prasek's opened a huge store, restaurant and travel stop on I10 E west of Sealy. I stopped by in the middle of December to check them out. I wasn't in the buying mood since I had 60 lbs of venison sausage, plus whole backstraps, tenders and 20 lbs of chili meat from my deer prosessor in Schulenburg. I may stop this time a check out the restaurant and maybe get some summer sausage. I'm just about to chow down on some Kroger summer sausage, Jarlsberg cheese and crackers at my deer camp! LOL
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!
Image

User avatar

anygunanywhere
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 6904
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:16 am
Location: La Grange, Texas

Re: Good Summer Sausage?

#25

Post by anygunanywhere » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:50 am

puma guy wrote:
Abraham wrote:Lena,

Some of the best sausage products I've ever eaten came from a place called: Praseks on Hwy 59 near El Campo, Texas.

Not only do they make great meat products, they're absolutely great people to do business with.

I'm sure they'd ship you their summer sausage.

I might add: Their stuff cost more, because they make quality stuff, not like big name corporations who turn out tasteless, texture-less, meat stuff for the masses.
Prasek's opened a huge store, restaurant and travel stop on I10 E west of Sealy. I stopped by in the middle of December to check them out. I wasn't in the buying mood since I had 60 lbs of venison sausage, plus whole backstraps, tenders and 20 lbs of chili meat from my deer prosessor in Schulenburg. I may stop this time a check out the restaurant and maybe get some summer sausage. I'm just about to chow down on some Kroger summer sausage, Jarlsberg cheese and crackers at my deer camp! LOL
Who do you use in Schulenburg? I use Willie Joe’s in High Hill just North of Schulenburg.
1911s should be carried openly as God and John Moses Browning (PBUH) intended them to be.
III%

User avatar

puma guy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 5495
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: Good Summer Sausage?

#26

Post by puma guy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:18 am

anygunanywhere wrote:
puma guy wrote:
Abraham wrote:Lena,

Some of the best sausage products I've ever eaten came from a place called: Praseks on Hwy 59 near El Campo, Texas.

Not only do they make great meat products, they're absolutely great people to do business with.

I'm sure they'd ship you their summer sausage.

I might add: Their stuff cost more, because they make quality stuff, not like big name corporations who turn out tasteless, texture-less, meat stuff for the masses.
Prasek's opened a huge store, restaurant and travel stop on I10 E west of Sealy. I stopped by in the middle of December to check them out. I wasn't in the buying mood since I had 60 lbs of venison sausage, plus whole backstraps, tenders and 20 lbs of chili meat from my deer prosessor in Schulenburg. I may stop this time a check out the restaurant and maybe get some summer sausage. I'm just about to chow down on some Kroger summer sausage, Jarlsberg cheese and crackers at my deer camp! LOL
Who do you use in Schulenburg? I use Willie Joe’s in High Hill just North of Schulenburg.
Same here. Been using Willie since the 90's. Still going there after Willie retired and sold to Paddy. Ever try the High Hill Wieners? They're delicious. Hoping to drop a or spike by Willie's this weekend.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!
Image

User avatar

anygunanywhere
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 6904
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:16 am
Location: La Grange, Texas

Re: Good Summer Sausage?

#27

Post by anygunanywhere » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:03 pm

puma guy wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:
puma guy wrote:
Abraham wrote:Lena,

Some of the best sausage products I've ever eaten came from a place called: Praseks on Hwy 59 near El Campo, Texas.

Not only do they make great meat products, they're absolutely great people to do business with.

I'm sure they'd ship you their summer sausage.

I might add: Their stuff cost more, because they make quality stuff, not like big name corporations who turn out tasteless, texture-less, meat stuff for the masses.
Prasek's opened a huge store, restaurant and travel stop on I10 E west of Sealy. I stopped by in the middle of December to check them out. I wasn't in the buying mood since I had 60 lbs of venison sausage, plus whole backstraps, tenders and 20 lbs of chili meat from my deer prosessor in Schulenburg. I may stop this time a check out the restaurant and maybe get some summer sausage. I'm just about to chow down on some Kroger summer sausage, Jarlsberg cheese and crackers at my deer camp! LOL
Who do you use in Schulenburg? I use Willie Joe’s in High Hill just North of Schulenburg.
Same here. Been using Willie since the 90's. Still going there after Willie retired and sold to Paddy. Ever try the High Hill Wieners? They're delicious. Hoping to drop a or spike by Willie's this weekend.
The High Hill Wieners are delicious. We love their meat. Always fresh and delicious.

Mrs. Anygunanywhere went to school with Paddy's parents.

I'm heading to the ranch Sunday morning and try to bring down some more meat as well. I've got a few spikes that showed up on the game cameras. Lots of tender does left. Maybe even a small pig will show up.

Its going to be cold next week.

Good luck Mang!
1911s should be carried openly as God and John Moses Browning (PBUH) intended them to be.
III%

User avatar

Take Down Sicko
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 607
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:01 pm
Location: Houston Tx
Contact:

Re: Good Summer Sausage?

#28

Post by Take Down Sicko » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:08 pm

I stopped by Krogers today after a hair cut to buy the krogers private select beef summer sausage and some deli cheese. Will try it tonight and see how i like it. It only cost 5.00 for a 14oz roll.

User avatar

puma guy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 5495
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: Good Summer Sausage?

#29

Post by puma guy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:20 pm

Take Down Sicko wrote:I stopped by Krogers today after a hair cut to buy the krogers private select beef summer sausage and some deli cheese. Will try it tonight and see how i like it. It only cost 5.00 for a 14oz roll.
I hope you enjoy it! I am usually loathe to recommend food/restaurants etc. to folks. Invariably they say something happens that disappoints them.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!
Image

User avatar

puma guy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 5495
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: Good Summer Sausage?

#30

Post by puma guy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:27 pm

anygunanywhere wrote:
puma guy wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:
puma guy wrote:
Abraham wrote:Lena,

Some of the best sausage products I've ever eaten came from a place called: Praseks on Hwy 59 near El Campo, Texas.

Not only do they make great meat products, they're absolutely great people to do business with.

I'm sure they'd ship you their summer sausage.

I might add: Their stuff cost more, because they make quality stuff, not like big name corporations who turn out tasteless, texture-less, meat stuff for the masses.
Prasek's opened a huge store, restaurant and travel stop on I10 E west of Sealy. I stopped by in the middle of December to check them out. I wasn't in the buying mood since I had 60 lbs of venison sausage, plus whole backstraps, tenders and 20 lbs of chili meat from my deer prosessor in Schulenburg. I may stop this time a check out the restaurant and maybe get some summer sausage. I'm just about to chow down on some Kroger summer sausage, Jarlsberg cheese and crackers at my deer camp! LOL
Who do you use in Schulenburg? I use Willie Joe’s in High Hill just North of Schulenburg.
Same here. Been using Willie since the 90's. Still going there after Willie retired and sold to Paddy. Ever try the High Hill Wieners? They're delicious. Hoping to drop a or spike by Willie's this weekend.
The High Hill Wieners are delicious. We love their meat. Always fresh and delicious.

Mrs. Anygunanywhere went to school with Paddy's parents.

I'm heading to the ranch Sunday morning and try to bring down some more meat as well. I've got a few spikes that showed up on the game cameras. Lots of tender does left. Maybe even a small pig will show up.

Its going to be cold next week.

Good luck Mang!

Gonna have High Hill Wieners for lunch tomorrow. We're looking for a big spike that's at least a couple years old that showed up on the cameras. Most of the larger does look like they've been bred and we don't want to take a yearling doe. Hope you're successful with your hunt. BTW what county do you hunt? This weekend and Monday AM are the last times we can get up to the lease (Comal County). Hope we'll be stopping by Willie Joe's, but we'll honk when we pass if we don't.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!
Image

Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic”