California(s)

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 1

California(s)

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/new-c ... a-declared

Assuming this is 'real', it should be interesting to watch...........
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Soccerdad1995

Re: California(s)

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I wish them well

G40yes

Post by G40yes »

Yes, this looks like it would be a helpful change, and would give more and better choices to the remaining freedom-loving Americans still living there. Best wishes and God's blessings and wisdom.
.. tyrants accomplish their purposes ...by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms. - Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

This plan would have a much better chance of being approved than others, as it creates an enclave of almost universally like minded people. Three interesting outcomes which don’t seem to be mentioned anywhere: (1) “New California” would hold onto most of California’s industrial base AND petroleum resources; (2) it would divest itself of most of California’s military installations; and (3) since it would exclude the state’s Central Valley, it would get rid of most of the state’s migrant farm labor.

The new state would contain Travis AFB, Moffett Field, Presidio of Monterey & NSA Monterey, Fort Hunter Liggett, Camp Roberts, CANG Camp San Luis Obispo, Vandenberg AFB, and Port Hueneme & Point Mugu NB. That’s it.

Meanwhile “Old” CA would retain Sierra Army Depot, Beale AFB, MWTC Bridgeport, Naval Air Station Lemoore, Naval Air Weapons Station China Lake, Fort Irwin, Edwards AFB, MCAGCC Twenty Nine Palms, Camp Pendelton, Naval Base Coronado, San Nicolas Island, San Clemente Island, Fleet Combat Training Center PAC (SPAWAR) Chocolate Mountains Aerial Gunnery Range, Naval Base Point Loma, Silver Strand Training Complex, and NOLF Imperial Beach.

Map here: http://militarycouncil.ca.gov/docs/inst ... ns_map.pdf
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

Another bonus, “Old” California is more conservative leaning than liberal. When it is its own state, those electoral votes will go for the more conservative presidential candidate. This will have the effect of splitting “now” California’s influence in both Congress and the electoral college. That can only be good for the rest of the country.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

i.m not sure about this given that Contra Costa County is in the new state. CCC is NOT conservative. I lived there for 8 years from 1995 to 2003. It wants to be just like San Francisco.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

anygunanywhere wrote:i.m not sure about this given that Contra Costa County is in the new state. CCC is NOT conservative. I lived there for 8 years from 1995 to 2003. It wants to be just like San Francisco.
I was surprised to see that as well. Although I think you could separate west county vs east county by drawing the state line at the range of hills that are a part of Mt. Diablo.

You could also do the same in parts of Solano. Vacaville and Dixon always made more sense to be a part of Yolo county anyways. The range of hills between Vacaville and Fairfield is a big change in climate which results in the places east of the hills not having a typical Bay Area climate even though they are technically a part of the Bay Area.

Everything from Davis to Sacramento could be left in the old California. When I lived in Vacaville, I thought that Vacaville, Dixon and Woodland reminded me quite a bit of Texas. They would fit in well with New California.

TAM, I think you're getting your nomenclature mixed up. "New California" would be the counties in blue. That would include most of the Central Valley (San Joaquin, Stanislaus, Fresno, Madera, Tulare, Kings, even Kern).

There is no way Sacramento would give up the oil fields in the Kern County area, the timber in the north AND the crop production of the Central Valley.

I wouldn't mind seeing it happen though I would hope they could carve out San Luis Obispo county into New California. For being Californian and on the coast, SLO is not raging liberal.

Well it's a nice dream at least....
Psalm 91:2

The Annoyed Man

anygunanywhere wrote:i.m not sure about this given that Contra Costa County is in the new state. CCC is NOT conservative. I lived there for 8 years from 1995 to 2003. It wants to be just like San Francisco.
I’m saying the OLD state (everything outside of the “new” state) would be more conservative.

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

SQLGeek wrote:
I was surprised to see that as well. Although I think you could separate west county vs east county by drawing the state line at the range of hills that are a part of Mt. Diablo.

You could also do the same in parts of Solano. Vacaville and Dixon always made more sense to be a part of Yolo county anyways. The range of hills between Vacaville and Fairfield is a big change in climate which results in the places east of the hills not having a typical Bay Area climate even though they are technically a part of the Bay Area.

Everything from Davis to Sacramento could be left in the old California. When I lived in Vacaville, I thought that Vacaville, Dixon and Woodland reminded me quite a bit of Texas. They would fit in well with New California.

TAM, I think you're getting your nomenclature mixed up. "New California" would be the counties in blue. That would include most of the Central Valley (San Joaquin, Stanislaus, Fresno, Madera, Tulare, Kings, even Kern).

There is no way Sacramento would give up the oil fields in the Kern County area, the timber in the north AND the crop production of the Central Valley.

I wouldn't mind seeing it happen though I would hope they could carve out San Luis Obispo county into New California. For being Californian and on the coast, SLO is not raging liberal.

Well it's a nice dream at least....
Then, simply the inverse of what I already said. The old state would be even more liberal, and the new state would be even more conservative. I assumed the “new state” was the coastal region....my bad....but my points are still valid.

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Off-Topic”