Not watching the Superbowl

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Jusme
Posts in topic: 11

Re: Not watching the Superbowl

Post by Jusme »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:27 am True Americans don’t seem to want badly made overpriced shoes put together by slave labor. :patriot:
Fixed it for you!!
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Abraham
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Abraham »

You couldn't give me a pair of such loathsome footwear...from folks who think k. 'the football player' is a good marketing bet...wrong!

Leftys love him, but normal Americans find his anti-American attitude disgusting...
Last edited by Abraham on Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

And the hits just keep on coming. Now the backlash, is not just NIke, but the NFL as well. :smilelol5:

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/cultu ... brand-bust

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 41

Post by philip964 »

https://koaa.com/news/2018/09/05/prime- ... fter-sale/

Sporting goods store has Nike on sale, won’t carry after its gone.

Meme today posted by a liberal on Facebook has a gay stepping Obama with an umbrella, it says “on my way to by some new Nike s****”.

The liberals apparently think this is something positive.

They don’t have a clue.

Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Killadocg23 »

Well, I was buying Nikes before all of this and will continue to do so :).

LDB415
Posts in topic: 17

Post by LDB415 »

Might as well buy Nike. And spit on a few veterans and law enforcement officers too for good measure.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

flechero

Post by flechero »

Killadocg23 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:01 pm Well, I was buying Nikes before all of this and will continue to do so :).
I won't be buying new ones and I'll relegate the ones I have to domestic chores... you know, so I don't get dog poop on the Asics or Brooks. :lol:

Sadly I was a pretty loyal customer since about 1980.

Killadocg23

Post by Killadocg23 »

LDB415 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:37 pm Might as well buy Nike. And spit on a few veterans and law enforcement officers too for good measure.
All of what you believe is opinion and I respect that. I have friends and family that are military and ex military some are police officers and some were (my uncle was killed in the line of duty). Some think it’s disrespectful and some don’t. It’s all OPINION. But one thing is that each OPINION should be respected. Everybody needs to quit whining. Those from the right are starting to whine and cry like those from the left.

Killadocg23

Post by Killadocg23 »

flechero wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:41 pm
Killadocg23 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:01 pm Well, I was buying Nikes before all of this and will continue to do so :).
I won't be buying new ones and I'll relegate the ones I have to domestic chores... you know, so I don't get dog poop on the Asics or Brooks. :lol:

And I respect your opinion sir. I have a few that’s been through hell and back and are on yard duty as well lol . One thing I can say is that they make a good pair of shoes. I have the same Nike gym shoes from 2014. I am buying because of the Quality not because of what’s happening with NFL or such.

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

New Balance makes a better shoe and they make them here in the U.S., not in foreign child labor sweat shops. And you are entitled to your opinion and choices. And there isn't any whining going on, anger and disgust but not whining.

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WTR »

LDB415 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:43 am New Balance makes a better shoe and they make them here in the U.S., not in foreign child labor sweat shops. And you are entitled to your opinion and choices. And there isn't any whining going on, anger and disgust but not whining.
I think even New Balace admittes that only about 25% of their shoes are made in the US.

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

Yes, but that's 25% more than Nike and easily determined when shoe shopping.

flechero

Post by flechero »

Killadocg23 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:14 am
flechero wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:41 pm

And I respect your opinion sir. I have a few that’s been through hell and back and are on yard duty as well lol . One thing I can say is that they make a good pair of shoes. I have the same Nike gym shoes from 2014. I am buying because of the Quality not because of what’s happening with NFL or such.
I probably didn't need to quote you, I really wasn't trying to say anything to you specifically.

I agree that much of their product is good quality... clothing and shoes.

I also agree that production and marketing are completely independent of one another... however, I have stopped watching and supporting the nfl, and since they have decided to hang their hat on a mediocre QB who went what? 1-12 last time he played? And to make him a martyr of sacrifice does disgust me. Since he opted out (quit) of his contract and any sacrifices he has made were chosen. And being paid by sponsors the whole time wasn't like he was out on the street- still made more than you and I for actually working. In fact, his "civil disobedience" was even lazy... he didn't march, volunteer, help out poor, or even do it in the off season... he chose to literally sit down on the job and on the clock, costing his employer money. Hardly a beacon of inspiration to the younger generation. For those reasons, I'm out.

Sorry for the rant- again not directed at you, just counter reasoning with my own feelings on it. :tiphat:

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

I am not a moderator, but it looks like, there are some in this thread who may getting dangerously close to having posts deleted, and possibly banned. I realize, that Nike's advertising, using Kapernick, is a polarizing issue, but lets not forget, that we represent the sane people. Personal, attacks, and potentially racist, interjections are not why we have have this forum.

Buy Nike's, don't buy Nike's, the whole discussion, is not worth dividing us. We can all express our opinions, but if we disagree, that's ok too. JMHO

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 41

Post by philip964 »

https://deadline.com/2018/09/eagles-nfl ... 202459228/

Ratings down for NFL kickoff game from last year that were down from the year before.

One player sat out the National Anthem.

I will watch college football thank you.

Return to “Off-Topic”