Not watching the Superbowl

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Abraham
Posts in topic: 13

Re: Not watching the Superbowl

Post by Abraham »

LDB415,

You posted: "Some people have stronger feelings and beliefs than others."

Certainly, you are right!

We passionate Conservatives recognize those who aren't, as they ultimately reveal their leftist bias while speciously pretending to argue as if they were Conservatives.

We don't give in to them though they try and try to pretend they're not leftists with arguments that sound neutral, but are really Trojan horses of discouragement so we won't oppose for our own interests, but with theirs...won't happen.

Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Killadocg23 »

ScottDLS wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:20 pm
Killadocg23 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:50 pm
Killadocg23 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:48 pm
ScottDLS wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:03 pm Kapernick is protesting a fake injustice and disrespecting the vast majority of Americans, especially those that served in the military. Nike is magnifying his idiocy by using him in its commercials. They are cynically targeting the "hate America" demographic that they believe buys their shoes. I want no part of that and refuse to buy their products, even if they are good quality/price. I stopped watching the NFL, even the Cowboys, who I like, because I don't want to support the League and their pathetic, disgusting, left wing leadership. I'll watch again when every player stands for the Anthem, every time, at every game. No loss to them, but I at least have control over my choices.
Glad you shared your opinion. Thanks. I have family and friends who are veterans and currently serve who aren’t disrespected and know many more who arent disrespected. So when you speak you don’t speak for all military personnel. Like you said that is your “opinion”and I respect that. We can disagree all day but respect should be given to all our opinions and one shouldn’t label some one as “anti” American because they don’t agree with our “perspective”. I respect your decision to not watch but one should not try and belittle or bring about negativity when they share a different opinion than theirs.
No problem. In this case Kap, Nike, and the NFL are wrong, and people on my side are right. :tiphat:

They can hold whatever opinion they wish, no matter how stupid. But they can’t change the facts. The facts are there is no widespread bias against biracial men of color by the cops and they are not getting away with killing them for no reason.

The NFL leadership and sports press IS filled with left wing, America hating, commies, anti gun authoritarians, etc. They prove it daily. ;-)
Some good games are on right now. I am cleaning my weapons and enjoying a few good games. Have a good Sunday. And since you don’t watch football any more just letting you know the cowboys still suck so you aren’t missing anything this year.

Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Killadocg23 »

https://markets.businessinsider.com/stocks/nke-stock

Nike shares at an all time high.. guess it didn’t go as planned for most of the “boycotters” who stated their stock will fall and they will loose money.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Abraham »

Stealth lefties do their best to discourage...but fail to convince.

lefties will never prevail here, but do ruin - see Venezuela or Cuba or Russia and so it goes...and want it for you...

LDB415
Posts in topic: 17

Post by LDB415 »

Killadocg23 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:49 pm https://markets.businessinsider.com/stocks/nke-stock

Nike shares at an all time high.. guess it didn’t go as planned for most of the “boycotters” who stated their stock will fall and they will loose money.
I'm sorry to hear it. They don't deserve it. Time may eventually work against them. One can only hope.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 41

Post by philip964 »

Killadocg23 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:49 pm https://markets.businessinsider.com/stocks/nke-stock

A lot of stocks are at all time highs.

Nike can actually thank Trump.

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ScottDLS »

Killadocg23 wrote: ...
Some good games are on right now. I am cleaning my weapons and enjoying a few good games. Have a good Sunday. And since you don’t watch football any more just letting you know the cowboys still suck so you aren’t missing anything this year.
I suspected as much and now you’ve saved me the time of having to watch the ‘tards disrespecting the flag. Thanks. :biggrinjester:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

Probably those watching the NFL while wearing their Nike's are also wearing and buying more Levi's too.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Flightmare »

Deplorable lunatic since 2016

flechero
Posts in topic: 11

Post by flechero »

Sadly, you missed the point and the mark. Most of us "boycotters" never said they wanted to "hurt" the nfl or it's sponsor, only that WE WOULDN'T SUPPORT them any longer and didn't care if they went under. There is a HUGE difference between not caring or supporting something VS. actually wanting to cause it harm.
And since you don’t watch football any more just letting you know the cowboys still suck so you aren’t missing anything this year.
Way to keep it classy, San Diego. :roll:

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 41

Post by philip964 »

https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/gille ... ick-shame/

New Gillette ad puts Nike to shame.

flechero
Posts in topic: 11

Post by flechero »

philip964 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:31 pm https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/gille ... ick-shame/

New Gillette ad puts Nike to shame.
True and a great story, but beating the kneeler ad isn't that tough to do... even the new pik-a-poo ad puts it to shame.

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

Nevermind.
Last edited by LDB415 on Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mojo84 »

LDB415 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:33 am This sums it up.
Just a friendly heads up. I don't think your attachment meets the "G" rating of the forum rules.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Count me in as one combat veteran who finds the anti-American kneelers extremely offensive. I fought for their right to speak their minds and not be punished by the government for doing so. That is their right as free citizens. A right which is documented in our Constitution. This is a fundamental difference between conservatives and liberals. Conservatives respect the right of people to say things they find offensive and even hateful. While liberals try to shut down any speech they find offensive through the use of violence.

But while I believe people have the right to express their opinions, that doesn't mean I agree with every hateful thing that some of my fellow citizens choose to do and say. And I will not support companies that condone and even champion such offensive, hateful behavior. Just like I wouldn't support companies that championed offensive hateful speech against racial minorities or other groups. That is my right as a free citizen. I won't charge on the field and assault athletes who are disrespecting the men and women who died to protect their freedoms, like liberals would do if the speech was offensive to them. I will simply find other companies to support with my entertainment dollars, and with my time.

Return to “Off-Topic”