Not watching the Superbowl

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Not watching the Superbowl

Post by bblhd672 »

Liberty wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:24 am I' haven't watched an NFL game in a couple of years because of the kneeling issues. A friend told me they weren't doing the kneeling thing so much any more.. I am a native born New Englander. We as a group have many faults, but we almost all grow up loving our home teams. I watched them Last week fight for the division title and last night fight and struggle on one of the toughest games ever.

There was no kneeling all the players that the camera shot looked pretty respectful
A pipless Gladys Knight nailed the star spangled banner.
Half time show. What halftime show? I took the time to step outside open a Stout Porter, light up a cigar and unwind for a few after a very tense half.
Noticed that there were more Patriot fans in the stands than Ram fans. LA doesn't really support their teams. Life in New England is pretty miserable especially in the winter, Sports is one of the few things to give them Joy. Glad they get their moment.
I hadn't either...only watched this game because my church community group hosted a party. Had to be the most boring Super Bowl I've ever had the pain of sitting through. The punters had my vote for MVP's! I believe a New Orleans vs Kansas City matchup would have been a better game. Overall, a waste of a pleasant Sunday evening but enjoyed the time with church friends and the different foods everyone brought.

My favorite part was listening to a person in our group who moved here from California and was constantly defending the non-present Rams fans at the SB. When I pointed out to him that the Rams left LA and moved to St Louis for exactly that reason, and it now appears that the LA Rams once again can't sell out a home game he said "well, just wait till that new stadium is completed." Lol...denial of reality. Even funnier when he defended the Rams moving back to LA by saying "they were in LA first" and I pointed out to him, no, actually the Rams were in Cleveland first.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Flightmare »

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/patriots ... -the-right
New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was heard on CBS’ broadcast yelling “Reagan! Reagan!” to his teammates as an audible before handing the ball off to running back Sony Michel, who took burst to the right for a gain of a few yards in the third quarter.

“And obviously, Reagan means run to the right,” commentator Tony Romo remarked after Michel was brought down.
I didn't watch most of the game, but I did find this amusing.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 5

Post by bblhd672 »

Flightmare wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:14 am https://www.foxnews.com/sports/patriots ... -the-right
New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was heard on CBS’ broadcast yelling “Reagan! Reagan!” to his teammates as an audible before handing the ball off to running back Sony Michel, who took burst to the right for a gain of a few yards in the third quarter.

“And obviously, Reagan means run to the right,” commentator Tony Romo remarked after Michel was brought down.
I didn't watch most of the game, but I did find this amusing.
I made the remark that Romo has now gone two full NFL seasons without getting injured. :biggrinjester:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Ruark
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Ruark »

I haven't really watched football since Landry and Staubach.
-Ruark

G26ster
Posts in topic: 1

Post by G26ster »

I got invtied to a SUPERB OWL PARTY, and all they were doing was watching a stupid football game. Not an owl in sight! Bummer.
Last edited by G26ster on Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OneGun
Posts in topic: 3

Post by OneGun »

Watched re-runs of Blue Bloods! Much more enjoyable!!
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

Also read that the Superbowl had the lowest ratings over the last decade. Good!! NFL spent too much time listening to social justice warriors than focusing on their business.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 41

Post by philip964 »

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/c ... ce-cop-out

So apparently Adam Levin of Maroon 5 did not knell during half time show.

Good for him.

Now getting hammered from the left.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/c ... ce-cop-out

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Flightmare »

Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://theweek.com/speedreads/824104/c ... lion-range

Kaepernicks settlement is in the 60 to 80 million range.
The sporting goods store that boycotted Nike after they hired him has closed.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez makes $174,000 a year.

But Trump is President, so ............

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/arizona- ... 2DqWiah-4c

Arizona was set to be the new location of a big Nike plant. Governor Ducey just pulled all the incentives Arizona was offering. Nike was going to have a Betsy Ross Shoe with her American flag on the back of the shoe. Our favorite rich former Quarterback publicly objected due to the fact that slavery was alive during that time and so Nike caved and dropped the shoe.

Congrats to Governor Dulcey. Let Nike build the plant in CA.

Lena
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Lena »

Last one I watched 3 stooges re-runs, no way I would watch it or attend if free. Will not be on in my home.
Stay Safe

Jason Todd

Post by Jason Todd »

the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Jason Todd wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:38 pm Image

"rlol" :hurry:

narcissist

Post by narcissist »

I can't wait to watch the game, who's playing again? :lol::
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

Return to “Off-Topic”