Not watching the Superbowl

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 41

Re: Not watching the Superbowl

Post by philip964 »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 248376002/

USA Today article on NFL kneeling today.

Nike Campaign successful.

Colin needs to be playing.

Sure hope come November there are a lot more of us than the non-nationalists

flechero
Posts in topic: 11

Post by flechero »

philip964 wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:54 pm https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 248376002/

Why does he need to be playing??? Most would be employers would say he needs to be better to make the squad, especially at the salary he will want. He was (IIRC) 1-12 in his last job. I believe with a good O-line, I could also do that. (torn rotater cuff and all).

He is a mediocre qb EVEN WHEN HE WAS SHARP, now he sat out a year and is most likely out of shape, out of time and still a project to make a #3 back up out of him.

The real life scenario is this- he's a great player, but just not in the top 50 in his position in the USA. SO that takes you out of a back up role. He's a #3 but wont play for the league minimum and most owners won't risk the financial backlash for a pine rider.

He's suing the nfl... :banghead: if he'd put as much energy into the qb position, he wouldn't need to sue them... he's just make a team.

But he's being civilly disobedient so he should be a starter. "rlol" come on, left, be serious.

flechero

Post by flechero »

by the way, my feet are smiling today in my new Asics!

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

philip964 wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:54 pm https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 248376002/

Stills said he would consider stopping if former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who began kneeling in 2016 as a means to protest racial inequality and police brutality, and former 49ers safety Eric Reid were signed by an NFL team.

So they are not kneeling in protest of racial inequality, now, they are just trying to get a third rate QB, and an overrated safety, a job in the NFL. How will that make this country better? How will that end racism? These are just a bunch of self serving elitists, who believe that being an athlete, entitles, them, to special considerations.
No one is owed a job. No one, took a knee for me, when I was looking for work. I haven't watched, an NFL game, since last year, and I have't missed it. Don't suspect, I'll miss it any more this year. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://nypost.com/2018/09/10/nike-stoc ... ernick-ad/

Nike gains all stock value back after Kaepernick ad.

Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Killadocg23 »

Games were pretty good this Sunday. My dolphins won. Also, Aaron Rodgers is a Badman! That guy is GOOD !!!

Killadocg23

Post by Killadocg23 »

philip964 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:28 pm https://nypost.com/2018/09/10/nike-stoc ... ernick-ad/

Nike gains all stock value back after Kaepernick ad.
I don’t think most of these anti Nike people realize Nike’s customer base is really huge world wide. Millions of people around the world wear Nike, not just here in the US. So that tiny spec of people burning or throwing away or saying they will never buy Nike again is in actuality a drop in the bucket.

mr surveyor
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mr surveyor »

I'm a drop

jd
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

flechero

Post by flechero »

I absolutely realize that my business is nothing to them. Not even a drop in their bucket. My goal isn't to "hurt them," I just don't want to support them. Companies that promote actions that run contrary to my family's values, will not be companies we support.

We've gotten our Sundays back, as a family and that's been a great thing.

LDB415
Posts in topic: 17

Post by LDB415 »

I may not sink their ship but I'm not going to help them navigate or sail it anymore either.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

flechero wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:55 pm I absolutely realize that my business is nothing to them. Not even a drop in their bucket. My goal isn't to "hurt them," I just don't want to support them. Companies that promote actions that run contrary to my family's values, will not be companies we support.

We've gotten our Sundays back, as a family and that's been a great thing.

:iagree:

As far as I know, I don't own anything made by Nike, nor any NFL gear. I think my wife and son may have some Nike t-shirts. I Have never been one to buy something, that I feel is overpriced, just for the sake of giving a company free advertising. I realize, that by not purchasing something, I wouldn't have purchased, in the first place, does nothing to harm anyone's bottom line. By not tuning in to watch, the NFL (I was a huge Cowboys fan) it gives me free time, that I had forgotten I had. We go out to eat after church, maybe go shopping, or just spend time talking, that we didn't do while the games were on, in the past.

As I said, I seriously, doubt, that Nike, or the NFL, (and others such as Dick's, YETI, Levi's etc) will be harmed, by my lack of contribution, but, as flechero, said, I have to decide, what products, services, and companies, align with my values, and act accordingly, or I would be a hypocrite. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2018 ... v-ratings/

Local ratings down to 2009 for Dallas Cowboys.

And they don't disrespect the American flag.

Considered a bell weather for the NFL.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Abraham »

"I don’t think most of these anti Nike people realize Nike’s customer base is really huge world wide."

Most of these people, eh?

Vaguely disparage an entire block of U.S. folks as uninformed rubes? That's laughable. Not buying anyone's attempt at discouragement of n. avoidance and will not buy Nike even if some think it tilting at windmills...it isn't. When millions turn their back's on n's products, it WILL have an impact.

If any business displays anti-American bias, why would I or anyone who loves this country buy their products?

Their sales worldwide ppppffftt, who cares? Their sales outside the U.S. mean nothing to me.

Their sales here in the U.S. - buh-bye...

bigtek
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bigtek »

I don't buy or use meth. I have no illusion my "boycott" will put meth dealers out of business.
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'
Fa la la la la la la la la!

Killadocg23

Post by Killadocg23 »

Abraham wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:48 am "I don’t think most of these anti Nike people realize Nike’s customer base is really huge world wide."

Most of these people, eh?

Vaguely disparage an entire block of U.S. folks as uninformed rubes? That's laughable. Not buying anyone's attempt at discouragement of n. avoidance and will not buy Nike even if some think it tilting at windmills...it isn't. When millions turn their back's on n's products, it WILL have an impact.

If any business displays anti-American bias, why would I or anyone who loves this country buy their products?

Their sales worldwide ppppffftt, who cares? Their sales outside the U.S. mean nothing to me.

Their sales here in the U.S. - buh-bye...
Well it’s a good thing that it’s YOUR Opinion and you don’t speak for all Americans of this great country. Many Americans love this country and will continue to support Nike. Just because someone doesn’t agree with your views , they are Anti -American? That’s laughable and sounds like something somebody from the left would say. Didn’t see how Nike showed any anti American bias? Because Colin Kap was on the face of their commercial? That’s what got under your skin? Just wow. Trust me sales in the US will NEVER be harmed over this in the long run. Nike stock is at the highest price it has been at before at 80 plus $. So I have no idea what you are talking about. It’s fine and dandy if you and others don’t support Nike. They make great products that last and I will continue to buy them :).

Return to “Off-Topic”