Page 6 of 12

Re: Not watching the Superbowl

Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:29 pm
by allisji
I was making no special effort to watch the game, but there really was nothing else good to watch. I tuned in for about 5 minutes early and saw an M&Ms commercial and watched the first TD of the game. Then I turned it. After putting the kids to bed I turned it on during the final 2 minutes and saw Philly kick the final FG of the game. After that my TV blacked the ending of the game out because the show scheduled to come on at 9:15 exceeded the ratings limits allowed in my home.

Re: Not watching the Superbowl

Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:05 pm
by Rhino1
Wife and I were watching movies instead on Amazon Prime. Happened upon “Taking Chance”, a true story where Kevin Bacon portrays a Marine Officer who performs escort duty for Chance Phelps, Marine KIA in Iraq. What an irony in contrast with the respect from everyone along the way vs the clowns in NFL from owners to players. Excellent movie, no political bias, and highly recommend.
I’ve heard from friends that the National Anthem ceremony was very well done. Pardon my cynicalness, but does anyone else see this as merely damage control by NFL?

Re: Not watching the Superbowl

Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:13 pm
by Flightmare
Rhino1 wrote:Wife and I were watching movies instead on Amazon Prime. Happened upon “Taking Chance”, a true story where Kevin Bacon portrays a Marine Officer who performs escort duty for Chance Phelps, Marine KIA in Iraq. What an irony in contrast with the respect from everyone along the way vs the clowns in NFL from owners to players. Excellent movie, no political bias, and highly recommend.
I’ve heard from friends that the National Anthem ceremony was very well done. Pardon my cynicalness, but does anyone else see this as merely damage control by NFL?
A friend of mine posted the coin toss online, and yes...I think it's damage control.

Re: Not watching the Superbowl

Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:15 pm
by bblhd672
Rhino1 wrote:Wife and I were watching movies instead on Amazon Prime. Happened upon “Taking Chance”, a true story where Kevin Bacon portrays a Marine Officer who performs escort duty for Chance Phelps, Marine KIA in Iraq. What an irony in contrast with the respect from everyone along the way vs the clowns in NFL from owners to players. Excellent movie, no political bias, and highly recommend.
I’ve heard from friends that the National Anthem ceremony was very well done. Pardon my cynicalness, but does anyone else see this as merely damage control by NFL?
“Taking Chance” is an excellent movie and highly recommended.

I saw that 15 Medal of Honor recipients participated in the coin toss, including the sole living MOH recipient from WW2.

Any one of those men is worth more than the entire NFL.

Damage is done, lip service by the NFL. Let me know when the NFL stops charging the military for the honoring veterans and the country who allows them the freedom to play their games.

Re: Not watching the Superbowl

Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:43 pm
by LDB415
Liberty wrote:Philadelphia won, fans responded by riots and destroying businesses. Why would any city want to win a major league sports championship?


In fairness Houston and Dallas have won some championships and left the city intact. Some cities have real pride, others are crapholes.
Any city that riots should be banned from any play for a year and from any playoff games for a decade.

Re: Not watching the Superbowl

Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:47 pm
by carlson1
LDB415 wrote:
Liberty wrote:Philadelphia won, fans responded by riots and destroying businesses. Why would any city want to win a major league sports championship?


In fairness Houston and Dallas have won some championships and left the city intact. Some cities have real pride, others are crapholes.
Any city that riots should be banned from any play for a year and from any playoff games for a decade.
:iagree:

Philadelphia knew ahead of time the thugs would riot if they won because the greased their light polls so the clowns could not climb them. :banghead:

Re: Not watching the Superbowl

Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:31 pm
by Lena
We walked the dog.

Re: Not watching the Superbowl

Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:59 am
by Redneck_Buddha
And why are we surprised that Philadelphia rioted?

Re: Not watching the Superbowl

Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:04 pm
by BBYC
I would be tickled pink if Trump has enough respect to not invite the whining team to the White House.

I'm not holding my breath.

Re: Not watching the Superbowl

Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:36 pm
by philip964
https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 2b4e6.html

If you needed anymore reasons to not watch NFL Football.

Here is the nations first NFL male cheerleader.

Sorry if you click you cannot unsee the photo.

Re: Not watching the Superbowl

Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:50 pm
by spectre
philip964 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:36 pm
https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 2b4e6.html

If you needed anymore reasons to not watch NFL Football.

Here is the nations first NFL male cheerleader.

Sorry if you click you cannot unsee the photo.
What's the big deal? Presidents Bush and Eisenhower were cheerleaders in college.

Re: Not watching the Superbowl

Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:19 pm
by LDB415
No additional reasons needed. Plenty already. Still not watching and no plans to do so.

Re: Not watching the Superbowl

Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:47 pm
by philip964
spectre wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:50 pm
philip964 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:36 pm
https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 2b4e6.html

If you needed anymore reasons to not watch NFL Football.

Here is the nations first NFL male cheerleader.

Sorry if you click you cannot unsee the photo.
What's the big deal? Presidents Bush and Eisenhower were cheerleaders in college.
You didn't look at the photo,.

Re: Not watching the Superbowl

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:17 am
by Abraham
I did.

His hair is to die for...absolutely fabulous!

...and on that note, I have to go throw up!!

Re: Not watching the Superbowl

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:50 am
by RoyGBiv
philip964 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:47 pm
spectre wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:50 pm
philip964 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:36 pm
https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 2b4e6.html

If you needed anymore reasons to not watch NFL Football.

Here is the nations first NFL male cheerleader.

Sorry if you click you cannot unsee the photo.
What's the big deal? Presidents Bush and Eisenhower were cheerleaders in college.
You didn't look at the photo,.
No problem with him at all... Takes some nerve to break new ground... Takes talent to get the job. I wish him success.

I won't be watching however, since I prefer my football without the political sideshow.