Appointment/Calendar/Reminder App?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Appointment/Calendar/Reminder App?

Post by C-dub »

Good morning everyone.

I'm looking for some input on an iPhone app. I'm not completely satisfied with the calendar app that comes with and is standard on iPhones. We've had issues with some events not crossing over to another's calendar and sometimes alert times getting changed automatically somehow. Here's a few of the key features I'd like:

1. Easy to create and event or appointment.
2. Will show up on another's calendar/planner or whatever in the app on multiple users' iPhones without having to "accept" in via and e-mail.
3. Appointments/events can be created and or edited by all users and everyone's app would be updated also without having to go through "accepting" the changes via an e-mail notification.

Does such an app exist? I'm really only thinking about using this between three people, my wife, daughter, and myself. What are ya'lls experiences?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Pariah3j
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Appointment/Calendar/Reminder App?

Post by Pariah3j »

No personal experience using it, but I remember hearing good things about shared events/appointments via Google Calander - seems like I remember a few labs/groups in my company using it to create group/shared calendars. Might take a look at it
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

surferdaddy

Post by surferdaddy »

I’m pretty sure that f you set up a shared calendar on the iPhone calendar it will sync all events across all users. I think the only notification I get is stating that someone changed/added/deleted something, but it still happens automatically.

Surfer
CHL/LTC instructor
NRA basic pistol/home firearm safety instructor.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

I like Google Calendar and their corresponding app although it also integrates fine with the iOs calendar app as well.

You can accomplish what you're looking for by creating a joint Google account such as CDubFamilyCalendar@google.com or what have you. Everybody signs in to it as one of the calendars on their calendar app and updates as needed. It should propagate those changes to all devices.
Psalm 91:2

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

surferdaddy wrote:I’m pretty sure that f you set up a shared calendar on the iPhone calendar it will sync all events across all users. I think the only notification I get is stating that someone changed/added/deleted something, but it still happens automatically.

Surfer
Then maybe I'm not using it correctly or to its potential. I'll check that out and try it before I try out the Google Calendar. I've been using Outlook for so long I tend to use it most of the time to create events and meetings. My iPhone 5 recently began its death spiral, so I replaced it with an 8+. I'm starting to investigate some of the new things I haven't used in the past and especially since iTunes took out the app support I'm looking at using my iPhone more efficiently. Who knows, maybe using Outlook and scheduling things there primarily is what is causing our issues. I think it uses Google Calendar and I'm trying to make that fit into the native Apple Calendar app.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Flightmare »

I love google calendars. I've setup multiple calendars under the same account. You can make certain calendars public, so you don't have to "share" a gmail account. I've added numerous public calendars to my google calendars so that I am able to keep up with other events going on around me, in addition to being able to share certain events with friends.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Flightmare wrote:I love google calendars. I've setup multiple calendars under the same account. You can make certain calendars public, so you don't have to "share" a gmail account. I've added numerous public calendars to my google calendars so that I am able to keep up with other events going on around me, in addition to being able to share certain events with friends.
There's a chance I might be able to make the breakfast tomorrow morning in Frisco. If I do I think I'd like you to show me a thing or two about this.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Flightmare »

C-dub wrote:
Flightmare wrote:I love google calendars. I've setup multiple calendars under the same account. You can make certain calendars public, so you don't have to "share" a gmail account. I've added numerous public calendars to my google calendars so that I am able to keep up with other events going on around me, in addition to being able to share certain events with friends.
There's a chance I might be able to make the breakfast tomorrow morning in Frisco. If I do I think I'd like you to show me a thing or two about this.
It would be my pleasure!
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Return to “Off-Topic”