School shootings

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Pilgrim
Posts in topic: 1

School shootings

Post by Pilgrim »

While there is alot of debate about gun control, who to blame for not stopping the killer, or what can we do to make schools safer (and we do need to make them safer). There is not much talk about why school shootings are occuring. This article comes close to the problem. I think the ultimate problem is a decline in morals as a nation and turning away from God of the Bible. Anyway I thought this article is on the right track.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/02/ ... about.html

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Re: School shootings

Post by Oldgringo »

:iagree: It either begins in the home or it doesn't. BTW, a house is not a home.

DEB

Post by DEB »

A Sheriff in Florida had much the same thoughts. He stated that when he was in High School he and others often brought their long rifles to school and there wasn't any school shootings. He then asked, "What is different from then to today?" I also remember bringing my rifle to school on many occasions, once even brought it inside so that I could refinish the stock in woodworking. But, we didn't have computers or bloodthirsty and realistic computer games to occupy us in our spare time. Plenty of fence building and plowing to be done, LOL. My Mom and Dad even didn't allow me to go see the "Outlaw Jose Wells", as they thought that movie was too bloody and this was when I was 15 and had just got my Drivers License. (In certain rural areas, one could get their drivers license at 15). I could have snuck off and went to the Drive In on the weekend, maybe. But, I had too much respect, (and fear), for my parents. I believe that the vast majority of parents do a great job of raising their children, especially in Texas and other like minded States, but the actions of the few are tearing everything apart. I could also get into the lack of Religion, but I won't, at least here.
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

Hot Dawg

Post by Hot Dawg »

Maybe instead of building multi million dollar stadiums they need to invest in better security measures like metal detectors & more trained security officers. They need to implement a program where certain security level is met or they will not receive federal or state funding. Once that is met then the stadiums can be built.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

DEB wrote:A Sheriff in Florida had much the same thoughts. He stated that when he was in High School he and others often brought their long rifles to school and there wasn't any school shootings. He then asked, "What is different from then to today?" I also remember bringing my rifle to school on many occasions, once even brought it inside so that I could refinish the stock in woodworking. But, we didn't have computers or bloodthirsty and realistic computer games to occupy us in our spare time. Plenty of fence building and plowing to be done, LOL. My Mom and Dad even didn't allow me to go see the "Outlaw Jose Wells", as they thought that movie was too bloody and this was when I was 15 and had just got my Drivers License. (In certain rural areas, one could get their drivers license at 15). I could have snuck off and went to the Drive In on the weekend, maybe. But, I had too much respect, (and fear), for my parents. I believe that the vast majority of parents do a great job of raising their children, especially in Texas and other like minded States, but the actions of the few are tearing everything apart. I could also get into the lack of Religion, but I won't, at least here.
We had guns in the dorm and later in the married student apartments when i was in college.....a half century ago.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Do away with schools and go online.

Let all leftist teachers find work elsewhere.

Online learning not your cup of tea?

Well, stay under educated and work at starbucks as a coffee clerk, oh wait, barista, yeah that's it barista or at Walmart or 7-11.

I'm sure your parents don't mind your living with them until they die.

striker55

Post by striker55 »

Some blame is on the news, copycats doing the bad acts. When I went to school you didn't hear about news like you do today. Bad guys pictures weren't displayed like today, instantly their faces are known. Even on "Live PD" criminals smile at the camera and say " I watch this show all the time". Just part of the problem today.

stroo

Post by stroo »

The Left has spent the last 100 years trying to convince us that morality is not real. They succeeded with much of the population about 30-40 years ago. We are now reaping the whirlwind.

Return to “Off-Topic”