Is Zuckerberg Being Truthful - Your Review!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton


Topic author
Abraham
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 8016
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:43 am

Is Zuckerberg Being Truthful - Your Review!

#1

Post by Abraham » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:58 am

He seems very well coached in avoiding pointed questions.

Of the many concerns the public wants answers to is FB listening in on conversations - in other word 'stealth audio' of sorts...then bingo an ad on your pc regarding your previous conversation pops up. Could be about any subject.

Or, not accepting advertisement for a political conservative candidate, but not turning away the same for a liberal/socialist type.

What grade would you give him for his overall candor/honesty/specificity regarding answers to questions?

His answers to questions in these arenas (of the many) weren't answered to my satisfaction.

Were they for you?

User avatar

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 17076
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX
Contact:

Re: Is Zuckerberg Being Truthful - Your Review!

#2

Post by Charles L. Cotton » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:22 am

As a trial attorney of over 30 years, I can honestly say he was one of the worst witnesses I've seen on the "stand." I would have loved cross-examining him in front of a jury.

Chas.
Image

User avatar

puma guy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 5604
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: Is Zuckerberg Being Truthful - Your Review!

#3

Post by puma guy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:33 pm

I give him a "L" for liar. His lead in about Cambridge Analyitcal completely ignored The Obama 2012 campaign's much larger hack of FB information (probably with the assistance of FB), was praised as genius and they bragged about in 2015 was just the beginning of his lies and obfuscation.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!
Image


stroo
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1648
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:46 pm
Location: Coppell

Re: Is Zuckerberg Being Truthful - Your Review!

#4

Post by stroo » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:44 pm

He was lying. Just repeated the same 3 things for two days.

User avatar

Grundy1133
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 933
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:18 pm
Location: Gainesville

Re: Is Zuckerberg Being Truthful - Your Review!

#5

Post by Grundy1133 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:58 pm

Is he teh CEO of a multi-billion if not trillion dollar company? is he a leftist? could he possibly lose millions or billions after the outcome of this hearing? if the answer to any of these is yes, then my answer is yes. he's lying.
Image
NRA Member


jason812
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 763
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:41 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Is Zuckerberg Being Truthful - Your Review!

#6

Post by jason812 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:02 pm

I can't ever watch any hearings. They are too painful with all the stupidity on full display by our elected "leaders." Rush is right, politicians are the lowest common denominator.

User avatar

puma guy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 5604
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: Is Zuckerberg Being Truthful - Your Review!

#7

Post by puma guy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:07 pm

Grundy1133 wrote:Is he teh CEO of a multi-billion if not trillion dollar company? is he a leftist? could he possibly lose millions or billions after the outcome of this hearing? if the answer to any of these is yes, then my answer is yes. he's lying.
I predict nothing will happen, FB will continue to do what they do now, the stock will not falter, Zuckerberg will get richer and conservatives will continue to be censored. The whole thing is a sham to make it appear Congress is taking steps to make changes when absolutely no meaningful laws or rules will be put in place. One thing that may change- if he ever has to appear again Zuckerberg will insist he get a chair with taller legs or a lower table so he won't have to have a 4" cushion put on the seat of his chair.
Last edited by puma guy on Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!
Image


rotor
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2877
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:26 pm

Re: Is Zuckerberg Being Truthful - Your Review!

#8

Post by rotor » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:10 pm

As I said in another post, the FTC fines that he already has for releasing the 80,000,000 plus data would cost over $3 trillion (plus interest). If you or I would have a minor violation of IRS or any government rules they would come after us. Why has Facebook not been fined?

User avatar

Grundy1133
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 933
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:18 pm
Location: Gainesville

Re: Is Zuckerberg Being Truthful - Your Review!

#9

Post by Grundy1133 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:12 pm

puma guy wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:Is he teh CEO of a multi-billion if not trillion dollar company? is he a leftist? could he possibly lose millions or billions after the outcome of this hearing? if the answer to any of these is yes, then my answer is yes. he's lying.
I predict nothing will happen, FB will continue to do what they do now, the stock will not falter, Zuckerberg will get richer and conservatives will continue to be censored. The whole thing is a sham to make it appear Congress is taking steps to make changes when absolutely no meaningful laws or rules will be put in place. One thing that may change- if he ever has to appear again Zuckerberg will insist he get a chair with taller legs or a lower table so he won't have to have a 4" cushion put on the seat of his chair.
:smilelol5: :smilelol5: :smilelol5: :smilelol5: :smilelol5: :smilelol5: :smilelol5: :smilelol5:
Image
NRA Member


jerry_r60
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: Is Zuckerberg Being Truthful - Your Review!

#10

Post by jerry_r60 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:08 pm

Abraham wrote:He seems very well coached in avoiding pointed questions.

Of the many concerns the public wants answers to is FB listening in on conversations - in other word 'stealth audio' of sorts...then bingo an ad on your pc regarding your previous conversation pops up. Could be about any subject.

Or, not accepting advertisement for a political conservative candidate, but not turning away the same for a liberal/socialist type.

What grade would you give him for his overall candor/honesty/specificity regarding answers to questions?

His answers to questions in these arenas (of the many) weren't answered to my satisfaction.

Were they for you?
I won't support Zuckerberg's veracity however, I was interested in the particular question dealing with audio and that dialogue caught my attention. Here is the specific question and answer dealing with "stealth audio":

Sen Peters:
Yes or no, does Facebook use audio obtained from mobile devices to enrich personal information about its users?
Zuckerberg: No.
Sen Peters: The ...
Zuckerberg: Well, senator, let me be — let me be clear on this. So you're — you're talking about this conspiracy theory that gets passed around that we listen to what's going on, on your microphone and use that for ads.
Sen Peters: Right.
Zuckerberg: We don't do that. To be clear, we do allow people to take videos on their — on their devices and — and share those. And of course videos also have audio, so — so we do, while you're taking a video, record that and use that to make the service better by making sure that your videos have audio. But I — I mean that, I think, is pretty clear, but I just wanted to make sure I was exhaustive there.

User avatar

mojo84
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 8347
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:07 pm
Location: Boerne, TX (Kendall County)

Re: Is Zuckerberg Being Truthful - Your Review!

#11

Post by mojo84 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:17 pm

jerry_r60 wrote:
Abraham wrote:He seems very well coached in avoiding pointed questions.

Of the many concerns the public wants answers to is FB listening in on conversations - in other word 'stealth audio' of sorts...then bingo an ad on your pc regarding your previous conversation pops up. Could be about any subject.

Or, not accepting advertisement for a political conservative candidate, but not turning away the same for a liberal/socialist type.

What grade would you give him for his overall candor/honesty/specificity regarding answers to questions?

His answers to questions in these arenas (of the many) weren't answered to my satisfaction.

Were they for you?
I won't support Zuckerberg's veracity however, I was interested in the particular question dealing with audio and that dialogue caught my attention. Here is the specific question and answer dealing with "stealth audio":

Sen Peters:
Yes or no, does Facebook use audio obtained from mobile devices to enrich personal information about its users?
Zuckerberg: No.
Sen Peters: The ...
Zuckerberg: Well, senator, let me be — let me be clear on this. So you're — you're talking about this conspiracy theory that gets passed around that we listen to what's going on, on your microphone and use that for ads.
Sen Peters: Right.
Zuckerberg: We don't do that. To be clear, we do allow people to take videos on their — on their devices and — and share those. And of course videos also have audio, so — so we do, while you're taking a video, record that and use that to make the service better by making sure that your videos have audio. But I — I mean that, I think, is pretty clear, but I just wanted to make sure I was exhaustive there.
I was very interested in this question and answer also. It hasn't happened to me but I have friends that swear the exact scenario Zuck calls a conspiracy theory happened to them. I also believe some members on here have said it happened to them.

I have trouble doubting the personal accounts because it happened when they were discussing something pretty unique to them that they had not looked up or discussed previously. I wish I could remember what they were discussing.

This is one reason I refuse to download their app and only access their mobile website. I don't know I'd this is a 100% guarantee but I like to think it makes it a little more private.


dlh
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 604
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:16 pm

Re: Is Zuckerberg Being Truthful - Your Review!

#12

Post by dlh » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:24 pm

Charles L. Cotton wrote:As a trial attorney of over 30 years, I can honestly say he was one of the worst witnesses I've seen on the "stand." I would have loved cross-examining him in front of a jury.

Chas.
I agree, Charles. I thought he was very evasive. I do not think a Texas jury would like him.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

User avatar

Paladin
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2183
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:02 pm
Location: DFW

Re: Is Zuckerberg Being Truthful - Your Review!

#13

Post by Paladin » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:57 pm

I really enjoyed when Ted Cruz was grilling Zuck. I could watch that for hours.

Zuck's immortal quote about users who trusted him with their data (you'll have to look that up) is really all you need to know about his moral character.

He cheated his business partner Eduardo Saverin and the Winklevoss's to build facebook... so there's that too.
NRA Endowment, TSRA Life, GOA Life Member
Texas State Guard


Topic author
Abraham
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 8016
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:43 am

Re: Is Zuckerberg Being Truthful - Your Review!

#14

Post by Abraham » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:48 pm

I wonder about Z's mental health.

He seems to stare as a matter of course.

Little to no animation physically or verbally.

Is he autistic, drugged, or just plain old unlikable?

User avatar

Pawpaw
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 6073
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Hunt County

Re: Is Zuckerberg Being Truthful - Your Review!

#15

Post by Pawpaw » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:36 pm

Abraham wrote:I wonder about Z's mental health.

He seems to stare as a matter of course.

Little to no animation physically or verbally.

Is he autistic, drugged, or just plain old unlikable?
He's so wealthy, he doesn't feel he has to give a darn.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic”