Shirt Dilemma

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 2

Shirt Dilemma

Post by Grundy1133 »

So, I carry a full size IWB at 9 o clock (left handed) and my spare mag at 3 o clock. Anytime I sit in a chair and my gun hits th eback of the chair or the mags do it ends up rubbing holes in my shirts... ive ruined 2 good shirts doing this... anyone have any experience with their gun/mags tearing up their shirts and what I can do to keep it from happening? I think it might be my metal base plates that I have on my magazines... i think im gonna switch them out with the factory polymer base plates and see if that helps any...
NRA Member

JakeTheSnake
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Shirt Dilemma

Post by JakeTheSnake »

Are you driving concealed or open?
I always drive open with my shirt tucked behind my gun and mags.
99.99% of the time I am untucked and use a Alien Gear Cloak Mod 3.0, when I get in the car/truck I open up and tuck my shirt behind. Never had a damaged shirt.
The A G is very comfortable and no one has ever noticed I am carrying, at least not mentioned it.

SIGFan43

Post by SIGFan43 »

I never have that problem, probably because my holster has a 15° forward cant, which tilts the butt of the gun away from the back of the seat.
SIGFan43
Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

If you carry with 0 cant iwb you will get that issue of hitting things especially with a longer grip. As for wearing holes in shirts from carrying i can’t really comment on that. I’ve been carrying now for almost 3 years every single day and I have never had that happen. Of course 90% or the time it as been Glocks with polymer base pads but when I switched to a Glock 43 5 months ago I put the metal taran tactical base pads on. They are rounded and smooth so no sharp edges. If you have sharp edges I can see them causing holes. I know if people who wear holes in suit jackets but they wear they same jacket everyday

flechero

Post by flechero »

SIGFan43 wrote:I never have that problem, probably because my holster has a 15° forward cant, which tilts the butt of the gun away from the back of the seat.
Added cant for me as well. Also a slight rearward shift to 8 or so that the butt of the gun is behind the point of the hip and that will turn the grip it so it lays flatter on your side/back. Much more comfy for me... and that position improves with cant. :fire

strogg

Post by strogg »

I think adding a forward cant (if you don't do that already) and using polymer base plates should fix the problem.

flechero

Post by flechero »

Another thing I had forgotten about... I used to take my wife's emery boards and break the sharp corners and edges of base plates and even the gun's grip edges. Did it to 1/2 dozen pistols and carry mags. Great for comfort and clothing!

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

flechero wrote:Another thing I had forgotten about... I used to take my wife's emery boards and break the sharp corners and edges of base plates and even the gun's grip edges. Did it to 1/2 dozen pistols and carry mags. Great for comfort and clothing!

I though for just a split second while reading your comment you were going to say that you used Emory boards as base plates for your mags :shock:

That would be something lol

spectre
Banned

Post by spectre »

cmgee67 wrote:
flechero wrote:Another thing I had forgotten about... I used to take my wife's emery boards and break the sharp corners and edges of base plates and even the gun's grip edges. Did it to 1/2 dozen pistols and carry mags. Great for comfort and clothing!

I though for just a split second while reading your comment you were going to say that you used Emory boards as base plates for your mags :shock:

That would be something lol
It matches the skateboard tape on the grips though.
I'm in a good place right now
Not emotionally or financially
But I am at the gun store

Topic author
Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

i have a forward cant and i've replaced the base plates on my mag to the factory one... hoping this helps. And ill start OCing when i drive. thanks for all the handy tips!
NRA Member

Return to “Off-Topic”