In n Out Burger VS Whataburger

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Which is better?

In n Out
15%
Whataburger
85%

Total votes: 135

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 6

Re: In n Out Burger VS Whataburger

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

mojo84 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 11:52 am
PriestTheRunner wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 11:38 am
Richbirdhunter wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 11:32 am I’ll only drive thru whataburger since they don’t believe in OC, I don’t OC myself but I believe in the right to do it. The popular Texas restaurant chain Whataburger announced it will not allow customers to openly carry guns in their restaurants, despite a new law signed by Governor Greg Abbott in June. ... The law takes effect in January, but property owners can decide whether to prohibit open carry on their property.

IN & OUT on the other hand is a Christian owned company that allows CC or OC at their Texas locations. 9 times out of 10 I’ll choose a double double animal style with a strawberry milkshake.
I've been to about 30 different Whataburgers and never seen a 30.07. If you are going to make accusations about management / leadership positions, please post an article instead of just 'they said ___'...
They made the announcement they would notify people individually and would not post 30.07 signs. This issue has been discussed on here extensively and so has the best burger debate.
Here's a link to one of the news stories. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... /30076367/

Notice the date on that story. Almost 6 months BEFORE open carry went into effect in Texas. I especially love the dubious line from Whataburger's CEO, Preston Atkinson, "We've had many customers and employees tell us they're uncomfortable being around someone with a visible firearm who is not a member of law enforcement." Really Preston, many employees and customers told you about their discomfort at seeing this BEFORE open carry was legal in Texas? Assuming that they aren't getting a ton of outspoken customers and employees from out of state, Mr Atkinson should have applied a bit more skepticism to the objections of these anti-OC plants. Heck, even now that OC is legal, I doubt most of his customers and employees have seen any non-LEO OC more than once, if at all.

My biggest problem was with the timing of their decision and their refusal to actually wait and see if OC caused any issues before they jumped to making a liberal knee jerk reaction.

Richbirdhunter
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Richbirdhunter »

Richbirdhunter wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 11:32 am I’ll only drive thru whataburger since they don’t believe in OC, I don’t OC myself but I believe in the right to do it. The popular Texas restaurant chain Whataburger announced it will not allow customers to openly carry guns in their restaurants, despite a new law signed by Governor Greg Abbott in June. ... The law takes effect in January, but property owners can decide whether to prohibit open carry on their property.

IN & OUT on the other hand is a Christian owned company that allows CC or OC at their Texas locations. 9 times out of 10 I’ll choose a double double animal style with a strawberry milkshake.
I've been to about 30 different Whataburgers and never seen a 30.07. If you are going to make accusations about management / leadership positions, please post an article instead of just 'they said ___'...

I called whataburger today and their C/S told me that as of July 2017 whataburger doesn’t allow OC and that this information is on their website. I understand how important whataburger is to Texans and I appreciate that loyalty, I chose a different option.
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

jason812
Posts in topic: 5

Post by jason812 »

oohrah wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 11:45 am None of the chains can hold a candle to local homemade style burger joints. In Waco, we have (in no particular order) some of the best burgers you will ever put in your mouth: Double-R, Cupps, Capt.Billy Whizbang, Tom's. You probalby have one of these places near you too.

I lied - you haven't lived til you've had a fresh hot off the griddle Double-R cheeseburger with mustard, mayo and the veggies.
Don't forget Health Camp. I would eat more Capt. Billy Whizbang but they have weird hours.
1911 Raptor wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 2:42 pm
big454 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 11:33 am Just for the record, Whataburger is not considered a fast food joint. Or better said they don't consider themselves a fast food joint. As the meat is never prepped until the order is placed. The patties are never frozen.
Whataburger is most definetly a fast food joint!
:iagree: And I would say Five Guys is not fast food.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

John Galt
Posts in topic: 2

Post by John Galt »

Of the two, definitely Whataburger, but my burger of choice is Grub Burger Bar.

Steamboat

Post by Steamboat »

bblhd672 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 1:33 pm
Steamboat wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 1:23 pm Because of my ongoing diet I do not eat a lot of burgers now. We have a very small burger place in Waxahachie that makes burgers on a 100+ year old flat top. They are small but packed with so much flavor. That kind of flavor is hard to replicate with today's fast food restaurants.
Pop’s? The wife and I have driven from Arlington to Waxahachie for Pop’s burgers.
Oma's Jiffy Burger on Water Street.
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." — Will Rogers

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

I will say this about Whataburger - you can get any of their sandwiches on Texas Toast, which IMO makes for a better burger.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 5

Post by bblhd672 »

Steamboat wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 3:24 pm
bblhd672 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 1:33 pm
Steamboat wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 1:23 pm Because of my ongoing diet I do not eat a lot of burgers now. We have a very small burger place in Waxahachie that makes burgers on a 100+ year old flat top. They are small but packed with so much flavor. That kind of flavor is hard to replicate with today's fast food restaurants.
Pop’s? The wife and I have driven from Arlington to Waxahachie for Pop’s burgers.
Oma's Jiffy Burger on Water Street.
We will have to try that next time we are down that way. Thanks.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Tastes great

Less filling

Tastes great

Less filling...
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Killadocg23 »

WHATA burger sucks !!!!!! Only thing their good for is their spicy ketchup and tenders that’s it ?

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RoyGBiv »

Nothing beats 6 ounces of Nolan Ryan 80/20 (chuck) seasoned with kosher salt, fresh ground pepper and garlic. Fried on my cast iron flat-top over the gas grill (lubed with just a touch of bacon grease) and topped with a fried egg, avocado slices, grilled red onions and jalapenos, brown mustard and Sriracha.

Unfortunately, I can't eat those too often. Doctors orders. :lol:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

mayor

Post by mayor »

Apologies for hijacking the thread.

I don't quite understand this comment, but I was asked to leave the What-a-burger next to bass pro in grapevine AFTER my order was taken. I asked and received a refund and told them that a 30.07 sign would have avoided the interaction. I was told it was What-a-Burger policy to ask open carry to leave. No problem, I'll take my money elsewhere.

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

I don't understand the open carry interest.

Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Take Down Sicko »

Never heard of N in Out burger. I prefer what a burger out of the two choices. The one i like better when i go for burgers is Becks Prime steak burger.

Return to “Off-Topic”