In n Out Burger VS Whataburger

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Which is better?

In n Out
15%
Whataburger
85%

Total votes: 135

mccue85
Posts in topic: 1

Re: In n Out Burger VS Whataburger

Post by mccue85 »

I'll be honest here.. Never been to a in and out.. I have heard good this but nothing can compare to Whataburger.. Ooh the sweet and spicy burger is calling my name

OlBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by OlBill »

anygunanywhere wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 3:59 am Determining the best burger is a personal decision and the debate will go on just as long as :thewave the glock vs 1911 debate.

I very much like Whataburger. I do like In n Out and will eat them if the opportunity arises.

Steak and Shake is right up there too.

The best burgers are the gourmet burgers that my lovely wife and I concoct at home.
Emphasis mine. What debate?

OlBill

Post by OlBill »

oohrah wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 4:06 pm I will say this about Whataburger - you can get any of their sandwiches on Texas Toast, which IMO makes for a better burger.
Word. I hate to mention the name, but Sonic will as well.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RoyGBiv »

OlBill wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 6:46 pm
oohrah wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 4:06 pm I will say this about Whataburger - you can get any of their sandwiches on Texas Toast, which IMO makes for a better burger.
Word. I hate to mention the name, but Sonic will as well.
I like Sonic when I'm in the mood for extra "vegetables" on my burger. :mrgreen:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Take Down Sicko »

Take Down Sicko wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 6:42 pm Never heard of N in Out burger. I prefer what a burger out of the two choices. The one i like better when i go for burgers is Becks Prime steak burger.
Years ago there was a place called Millers that had some really tasty burgers. No longer in business here in the city that i know of.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

5Guys, lol. or Red Robin....
but of the 2 choices, WhatABurger.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

apostate

Post by apostate »

Take Down Sicko wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 6:54 pmYears ago there was a place called Millers that had some really tasty burgers. No longer in business here in the city that i know of.
There's a burger joint named Miller's in the tunnels downtown.

dlh

Post by dlh »

Never had an In n Out Burger so cannot comment on that.
My favorite Whataburger is the green chile double with cheese--hard to beat.
Best local burger place in Austin, Texas is Dan's Burgers.
When I was in high school in the stone age Burger King offered "flame-kissed" burgers---they were some of the best I had. Not sure why they stopped those.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

dlh wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:36 pm Never had an In n Out Burger so cannot comment on that.
My favorite Whataburger is the green chile double with cheese--hard to beat.
Best local burger place in Austin, Texas is Dan's Burgers.
When I was in high school in the stone age Burger King offered "flame-kissed" burgers---they were some of the best I had. Not sure why they stopped those.
The Green Chile Burger is pretty darned good...

A few years ago, I tried In n Out in Klai to see what the Commiefornians I worked with were raving about. Didn't get it. Meal was OK, but not great.

So, for me, it's Whataburger.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

Topic author
Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Grundy1133 »

PriestTheRunner wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 11:38 am
Richbirdhunter wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 11:32 am I’ll only drive thru whataburger since they don’t believe in OC, I don’t OC myself but I believe in the right to do it. The popular Texas restaurant chain Whataburger announced it will not allow customers to openly carry guns in their restaurants, despite a new law signed by Governor Greg Abbott in June. ... The law takes effect in January, but property owners can decide whether to prohibit open carry on their property.

IN & OUT on the other hand is a Christian owned company that allows CC or OC at their Texas locations. 9 times out of 10 I’ll choose a double double animal style with a strawberry milkshake.
I've been to about 30 different Whataburgers and never seen a 30.07. If you are going to make accusations about management / leadership positions, please post an article instead of just 'they said ___'...
Agreed I've never seen any signs posted at any of the whataburgers ive been to. Also I find it interesting that there is a lack of mention of dairy queen... once upon a time they had good burgers. I havent been to on ein about a decade or 2. I guess their quality has gone down hill.
NRA Member

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

Steamboat wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 3:24 pm
bblhd672 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 1:33 pm
Steamboat wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 1:23 pm Because of my ongoing diet I do not eat a lot of burgers now. We have a very small burger place in Waxahachie that makes burgers on a 100+ year old flat top. They are small but packed with so much flavor. That kind of flavor is hard to replicate with today's fast food restaurants.
Pop’s? The wife and I have driven from Arlington to Waxahachie for Pop’s burgers.
Oma's Jiffy Burger on Water Street.
If only they served fries.
Charlie

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Grundy1133 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:56 pm
PriestTheRunner wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 11:38 am
Richbirdhunter wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 11:32 am I’ll only drive thru whataburger since they don’t believe in OC, I don’t OC myself but I believe in the right to do it. The popular Texas restaurant chain Whataburger announced it will not allow customers to openly carry guns in their restaurants, despite a new law signed by Governor Greg Abbott in June. ... The law takes effect in January, but property owners can decide whether to prohibit open carry on their property.

IN & OUT on the other hand is a Christian owned company that allows CC or OC at their Texas locations. 9 times out of 10 I’ll choose a double double animal style with a strawberry milkshake.
I've been to about 30 different Whataburgers and never seen a 30.07. If you are going to make accusations about management / leadership positions, please post an article instead of just 'they said ___'...
Agreed I've never seen any signs posted at any of the whataburgers ive been to. Also I find it interesting that there is a lack of mention of dairy queen... once upon a time they had good burgers. I havent been to on ein about a decade or 2. I guess their quality has gone down hill.
We don't get over there very often, but DQ burgers are good too.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

G26ster wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 12:09 pm Of course it's all a matter of personal taste, but I always wondered why folks put mustard and mayo on ground beef, but not on a good steak.
Same reason we don't put ketchup on baked potatoes.

Across the pond, over in Belgium and probably a few other places, they use mayo to dip their fries instead of ketchup. Blech!
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Neither Whataburger nor In-n-Out come close to Legends' burgers in Jacksonville.

Daddio-on-patio
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Daddio-on-patio »

My vote was and is for Whataburger. I have had better, but given the OP's intent, will leave it at that. When my son was a boy we always looked forward to stopping at WB on our way bag from a hunting lease we had. Along with a chocolate shake...but of course.

Not sure if this is an up vote but will relay the story. Being a 1st responder we were on a call searching for a drowning victim. The TPWD officer I was with mentioned that he hoped the victim had WB and beer for lunch (it was early evening). When asked why he said that tje body would float like a cork within a couple hours.
The officer had just a bit of experience at these things..
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Return to “Off-Topic”