Ruger lcp

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Steve W
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Ruger lcp

Post by Steve W »

dlh wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 7:10 am Check into the Ruger LCP2--it is supposed to fix some of the shortcomings of the LCP.
I have an LCP--it is a light-weight and easily concealable handgun. However, mine has a "long" trigger pull which I do not like. It was my first carry-gun. I have since upgraded to a Glock 26 which I far prefer for every-day carry.
The LCP2 is a much better gun... Better sights and much better trigger than my LCP.

apostate
Posts in topic: 1

Post by apostate »

I only bought one because of the cute coyote. :razz:

dlh
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dlh »

Learned something new about my Ruger LCP handgun.

When I dry-fire, hold the trigger down, and rack the slide I can hear two audible clicks when I slowly let my finger off the trigger. It will not fire on the first click--only the second click. This is unlike my Glock and Shield which fire after the first click.

Wonder what is causing that? Maybe it does not have a "re-set" trigger--not sure.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

Dad24GreatKids

Post by Dad24GreatKids »

I own a LCP and carry it regularly in a Recluse pocket holster. One thing I encourage you to do is clean it frequently. I have found that it requires cleaning much more often than my Glocks or Springfields. I have had one experience when the slide wouldn't fully return to the ready position, rendering the gun unable to fire until I pushed the slide all the way forward.
Dad24GreatKids
NRA Life member
TSRA

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Early in my CHL life I was invited to a range by a much more experienced pistolero.

He had 2 guns at opposite ends of the pistol spectrum....a Ruger LCP and a 5" barrel 1911 in .45 ACP.

Although none of my current handguns are as large as the 1911, I definitely didn't like the LCP. Very insubstantial
in the hand.

I have also shot a few other small .380 pistols along the lines of an LCP: Beretta Nano and Smith and Wesson Bodyguard.
No thanks!

Let's keep in mind here that we carry a handgun to stop a threat. Being enamored with a handgun just because
it's tiny seems to be missing the point of having something in an effective caliber for defense.

Just moving up from a .380 LCP to any of the pocketable 9MM's means that instead of throwing only 90 grain
bullets at a threat, you can throw 115, 124, 147, or 150 grains at said threat. More mass is good.

I've gotten to the point in my carry life that I usually carry at least 2 handguns on my person, and 3 on Sunday's.
A .45 XDS, a 9MM SR9C, and/or my LCR in .38 Special. Mix and match depending on dress.

YMMV, but I suggest go bigger, IMHO.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

I’ve found that the LC9 still fits in most pockets in a Nemisis holster, and it packs a lot more power.
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Topic author
13wyatt
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 13wyatt »

I ended up getting a lcp with a extended clip then a few days later was offered a new sig sauer p938 scorpion for $400 couldn't say no so have both now

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

IMHO, it's not the size of the round, it's how you use it, and how comfortable you can carry it. The fact that you have a firearm you can use is much more of a deterrent than that fact you have a cannon and don't like to carry ti, or find its very uncomfortable.

I've carried an LCP for years as my EDC and I know how to use it.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Return to “Off-Topic”