Tis the season!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 3

Tis the season!

Post by Grundy1133 »

Remember folks, tis the season for criminals. My gfs car got broken into some time last night. she said when she called the cops they said she was the 3rd person to report their car had been broken into is morning. he didn't take anything just ransacked the car. looking for valuables no doubt. this is a PSA to NOT keep valuables in your car even if it has an alarm system on it.
NRA Member

rtschl
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Tis the season!

Post by rtschl »

Great advice. I also tell my wife and kids to not leave ANYTHING visible in the car. One time my wife left an empty box in the back seat to throw away later. I told her not to do that as bad guys don't know that its trash, they just see something that may be valuable inside.
Ron
NRA Member

Topic author
Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

when I asked her if they took anything he said the only thing she cant find is a necklace i bought for her for our first christmas together
5 years ago. it wasn't expensive. ~$20 but the sentiment behind it is irreplaceable. It was one of those 2 halves make a whole necklace. looked kinda like this one Image people who steal are the absolute scum of the earth... Someone works hard day in and day out to make a living so they can afford the things they want just to have some dead beat loser decide he wants it and decides to steal it... If you're starving, homeless, cant afford to feed yourself, thats a bit different. but this idiot had to have known that necklace wasn't worth anything to anyone other than the person who owned it. you can look at it and tell it isn't worth a lot... He broke into the car, couldn't find a wallet or any valuables so he decided to take SOMETHING. does he think he can go and pawn it? he'll get MAYBE $2 for it... not worth his or the pawn shop owner's time... This is the reason that no mattere where I live I set up security cameras focused on the doors to the house and the driveway... This infuriates me... I'm not exactly rich and while it wasn't expensive, it was the first gift I ever bought her and now some jerk has it and will probably throw it away after he realizes its not worth anything... :mad5 :mad5 :mad5 :mad5 :mad5 :mad5 :mad5 :mad5
NRA Member

cmgee67
Posts in topic: 1

Post by cmgee67 »

While it sucks to have something stolen from you just be glad that she’s okay. After all material things don’t really mean anything. You can’t take it with you when you go. I would be upset as well if that happened to my wife. A necklace can be replaced but she cannot. I am glad the both of you are okay.

Topic author
Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

So, APPARENTLY my girlfriends little sister had HER car broken into. They live together, so the same house, same neighborhood, same driveway. This time the douchebag got her work issued laptop and the loose change in her cup holder... It boggles the mind because one time she locked her keys in her car and i had to slim jim the door and when I did, her alarm went off... so that tells me 2 things... her alarm wasn't engaged and it might have been unlocked. And on top of that, no more than a week ago my girlfriend had her car broken into and yet her little sister decided to leave a laptop in her car with the alarm not engaged?! Seriously?! SMH. It's safe to assume the idiot lives in the neighborhood. A criminal would have to be pretty dense to hit the same house twice... I think it's time to do a stake out... with my mosin-nagant.

EDIT: apparently they also stole a $200 hand bag, a $150 jacket and about $300 worth of stuff on top of the laptop.
NRA Member

Return to “Off-Topic”