Colorado Dem candidate pepper sprays himself video

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Syntyr
Posts in topic: 2

Colorado Dem candidate pepper sprays himself video

Post by Syntyr »

Here is the best laugh you will have all day. Democrat candidate from Colorado tries to push gun control by saying a can of pepper spray in every classroom would stop school shootings. To prove how effective it is he gets himself pepper sprayed.

Yeah because no mass shooter ever thought about goggles...
:banghead:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06 ... ntrol.html

:lol::
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Abraham
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Colorado Dem candidate pepper sprays himself video

Post by Abraham »

Am I the only one that knows about Sudecon Decontamination Wipes?

They come in foil packets laden with enough decontamination chemical that you can either wipe on your skin if hit with pepper spray or actually squeeze out the decontamination chemical into your eyes and presto chango pain goes away.

Barring that, milk, not as good as Sudecon, but far, far more effective that water.

And I'd rather have milk poured into my eyes than water as water can re-energize the pepper spray pain. (if you will) Milk will sooth, messy sure, but hey if a little milk mess puts you off, than miserably suffer...

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Syntyr wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:17 am Here is the best laugh you will have all day. Democrat candidate from Colorado tries to push gun control by saying a can of pepper spray in every classroom would stop school shootings. To prove how effective it is he gets himself pepper sprayed.

Yeah because no mass shooter ever thought about goggles...
:banghead:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06 ... ntrol.html

:lol::
Democrat ad presented as a public service to future school shooters so they can don goggles as part of their assault.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ScottDLS »

Abraham wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:51 am Am I the only one that knows about Sudecon Decontamination Wipes?

They come in foil packets laden with enough decontamination chemical that you can either wipe on your skin if hit with pepper spray or actually squeeze out the decontamination chemical into your eyes and presto chango pain goes away.

Barring that, milk, not as good as Sudecon, but far, far more effective that water.

And I'd rather have milk poured into my eyes than water as water can re-energize the pepper spray pain. (if you will) Milk will sooth, messy sure, but hey if a little milk mess puts you off, than miserably suffer...
When I was a teenager a friend showed me some of his dad's tear gas spray that was in a camera bag his dad had loaned (his dad was a professional photographer). Knowing that I was stronger than any lame self defense spray, I put a tiny drop on the end of my finger and touched my cheek under my eye. For about 60 seconds nothing happened (convincing me that I'd prefer a gun if someone assaults me). Then the side of my face was "on fire" and my eye was locked shut due to the pain. I then went to a water fountain and sprayed on my face at which point I started coughing and dripping snot continuously out of my nose as the stuff got in my mouth and nose. I kept the water on and after about 20 min I started feeling better and I toweled off my face. I think back then the sprays were commercial CS tear gas. Meanwhile my Marine Vietnam Vet Jr. High history teacher, witnessed the entire episode was laughing his rear off... :shock: Next up, shoot someone in "bullet proof" vest with a .22 short to see if it worked...luckily I wasn't quite THAT stupid. :???:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Lena

Post by Lena »

My cousin's daughter took mine and not even reading the label sprayed it in her mouth as breath spray, it worked well, she has trouble walking and chewing gum.

Her parents we mad at ME! when the level of madness got to a higher level, I simply stated there were laws for entering a vehicle without permission, lets look them up and go forward from there. All ceased.
Stay Safe

Allons

Post by Allons »

Democratic candidate, that about wraps it up right there.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

Pepper spray in an enclosed area with how many kids with asthma?

My DILs both have asthma. They don't carry pepper spray for fear they used it they would get a good wiff and it would shut them down.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/238262.php

"In rare cases, it can cause cyanosis, a bluish discoloration of the skin that indicates a lack of blood flow and oxygen. Apnea and respiratory arrest are possible.

Studies have found that people who breathe in pepper spray may experience acute hypertension, or high blood pressure. This increases the risk of stroke or heart attack."

"However, deaths have occurred following the use of pepper spray. People with asthma have a higher chance of complications."
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Fortunately, this goofy beyond Disney, isn't going to happen....

Attacked children should be defended with well aimed, fast flying lead.

Pepper spray is for attacking mutts, not human...

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

1) "whatta maroon"
2) anyone else question the concept of countering lethal force with a non-lethal force (presuming you have a choice AND wish your countermeasure to be effective)
3) they don't show the actual time lapse in the video, between when he sprays himself, and when he's dunking his head and walking and talking. but he doesn't appear all that incapacitated at that point. My reservation is, that even when the chemical agent first takes effect, the intruder still has a working trigger finger and can still spray bullets randomly. I don't consider a kid shot by random chance an improvement over one shot specifically on purpose.
4) if there's pepper spray in a glass front cabinet in each classroom, especially in high schools, we all know what's going to happen......somebody will just HAVE to try it out...
5) which leads to the question of collateral damage to the aforementioned kids with respiratory issues.

Epic fail here.....
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Rokyudai

Post by Rokyudai »

Abraham wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:51 am Am I the only one that knows about Sudecon Decontamination Wipes?

He’s a real manly man.... probably lactose intolerant as well as 2A intolerant.
NRA Benefactor Member

Topic author
Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:43 pm
4) if there's pepper spray in a glass front cabinet in each classroom, especially in high schools, we all know what's going to happen......somebody will just HAVE to try it out...

Epic fail here.....
Oh I KNOW we would have in high school. It would be a matter if we could dare someone to do it or lacking that we would have done it to ourselves.
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

You cannot fix stupid!! Enough Said!
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

You can in this case: Don't vote for this knucklehead.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

I hate to say it, but he does have an interesting point. Why can’t teachers that don’t wanna carry a gun carry pepper spray or bear spray? Cheap and effective

And before you say it, SOMETHING is better than nothing!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Return to “Off-Topic”