New School Safety Coordinator - Boerne ISD

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 1

New School Safety Coordinator - Boerne ISD

Post by mojo84 »

Will be interesting to watch this develop here in Boerne as well as across the state.

http://spectrumlocalnews.com/tx/san-ant ... r-position#
Boerne ISD approves safety, security coordinator position
By Spectrum News Staff | June 20, 2018 @6:41 PM

SAN ANTONIO — After Gov. Greg Abbott revealed his School Safety Plan earlier this month, one San Antonio-area school district is wasting no time in enhancing campus security.

School officials for Boerne ISD approved a safety and security coordinator position this week.

The district said the position will implement safety and security procedures, develop a emergency management plan and oversee student safety initiatives for the district.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

chasfm11

Re: New School Safety Coordinator - Boerne ISD

Post by chasfm11 »

I hope this works better for Boerne than it did for our local district. Ours hired a new coordinator a few years ago, while Argyle was implementing their armed teacher policy. Almost nothing has changed in the schools in our district since. All the elementary schools are as vulnerable today as they were then. The district has been through a number of high profile events and those seem to have done more for tightening school safety than the coordinator did.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

puma guy

Re: New School Safety Coordinator - Boerne ISD

Post by puma guy »

chasfm11 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:44 am I hope this works better for Boerne than it did for our local district. Ours hired a new coordinator a few years ago, while Argyle was implementing their armed teacher policy. Almost nothing has changed in the schools in our district since. All the elementary schools are as vulnerable today as they were then. The district has been through a number of high profile events and those seem to have done more for tightening school safety than the coordinator did.
I'm like you and predict an overpaid bureaucrat will accomplish nothing. I am hoping I'm wrong, but even if worthwhile recommendations are forthcoming the cost will be a roadblock for adoption.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “Off-Topic”