Project: MAME arcade emulator in a box

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Project: MAME arcade emulator in a box

Post by SQLGeek »

Will you add an external USB port to make adding new content easier?

This may actually be a good project to start with. I was considering a DIY garage door controller.
Psalm 91:2

JakeTheSnake
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JakeTheSnake »

GeekwithaGun wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:01 am
JakeTheSnake wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:10 am
GeekwithaGun wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:37 pm I have a Raspberry Pi 3 running links to my surveillance cameras - HDMI to my receiver and I can display on the TV by switching the input source on the remote. Pretty slick.
How are you accessing your cameras on the RPi? Just put together one and would be nice to be able to pull them up on the TV.
The cameras have a RTSP URL in the configurations (they are Ubiquti Unifi IP Cameras), the PI is running a script which was provided in the Unifi user forums by others that had done this. The Pi refreshes the live video stream using cron and is auto started if the Pi is restarted.

The feeds are displayed using the "omxplayer", because I have Unifi cameras, the tutorial on the user forum was useful for me, not sure if this would be accessible without registering, but here is the link to the specific thread. https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Vid ... -p/1536448
Thanks for the info!
AndyC wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:10 am I may; I have one of those HDMI/USB pass-through cables arriving today which can be neatly installed but it's heckuva long, so I may not keep it.

Adding new ROMs via USB-stick or wireless will still be possible, of course.
Very cool project AC! Nice job!

loktite
Posts in topic: 1

Post by loktite »

Nice, tight, compact and portable. Rather unique aesthetics and quite attractive at that. Well done, sir, well done! :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

Rokyudai
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Rokyudai »

Does it throw out any heat? Fans/vent?
NRA Benefactor Member

Rokyudai

Post by Rokyudai »

So cool! Good job! I recently saw a few instructables on their website. I like your use of the book best but they have some fun gaming motifs as well.
NRA Benefactor Member

Rokyudai

Post by Rokyudai »

:cryin that’s my jelly face! Nice work! :txflag:
NRA Benefactor Member

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 4

Post by SQLGeek »

Well done, Andy!
Psalm 91:2

jason812
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jason812 »

AndyC wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:38 am Thank you - still some work to go ie. configuration, which is being a beast but I'll get there :) Once I have that nailed down, I'll get a larger sd-card so I can install the larger collection of games.

1456 games is not enough? :smilelol5: I'm going to have to look into that when I get time. I would much rather play old games than the ones they have now. Even though PS2 was the last gaming system I bought.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Return to “Off-Topic”