World Cup Soccer

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 3

World Cup Soccer

Post by Oldgringo »

I've really enjoyed the matches the past couple of weeks. It's amazing to see how many people have traveled literally half way around the world to watch their teams play. Soccer is most definitely a contact sport. The Russian settings and the fan emotions are equally eye opening.

Granted, I wouldn't be watching if I wasn't hospitalized but it has been a most enjoyable and memory stirring way to pass time.

oljames3
Posts in topic: 2

Re: World Cup Soccer

Post by oljames3 »

Oldgringo wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:07 am I've really enjoyed the matches the past couple of weeks. It's amazing to see how many people have traveled literally half way around the world to watch their teams play. Soccer is most definitely a contact sport. The Russian settings and the fan emotions are equally eye opening.

Granted, I wouldn't be watching if I wasn't hospitalized but it has been a most enjoyable and memory stirring way to pass time.
I hate to break it to you, Oldgringo, but you are not in a hospital. You have been kidnapped by gun-grabbers and are undergoing some of the most vile "enhanced interrogation" techniques known. Keep transmitting. We will lock on to your signal and send a rescue party.

:biggrinjester:
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

I love World Cup time. It's been very special this year as my oldest daughter, who loves playing soccer, has been watching the matches with fascination. We will be having a watch party for the final.
Psalm 91:2

Topic author
Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

oljames3 wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:11 am
Oldgringo wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:07 am I've really enjoyed the matches the past couple of weeks. It's amazing to see how many people have traveled literally half way around the world to watch their teams play. Soccer is most definitely a contact sport. The Russian settings and the fan emotions are equally eye opening.

I hate to break it to you, Oldgringo, but you are not in a hospital. You have been kidnapped by gun-grabbers and are undergoing some of the most vile "enhanced interrogation" techniques known. Keep transmitting. We will lock on to your signal and send a rescue party.

Actually, my S&W MP .380 EZ is in the little cabinet's top drawer beside my bed.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Oldgringo wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:45 am

Actually, my S&W MP .380 EZ is in the little cabinet's top drawer beside my bed.
You are a better man than I am, Gunga Din. When I visit one of those Black Sites, I leave my S&W M&P M2.0 9mm 5inch and Ruger LCR .38 behind. I'm planning to get a Kel-Tec Sub2000 to legally carry during such visits.

I've read about and handled the EZ. Interesting pistol. I like the look and feel of it.

I hope you are feeling up to escaping soon.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

soccor: such a delight to see grown men with their hands held high as they run, nay prance with fabulous joy when one of the very rare goals is made.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I enjoy watching these men run and jump for my entertainment. Same applies to sports in general. I also like watching people tell jokes and pretend to be other people. That can also be entertaining.

I just wish that people didn't suddenly think they were experts on all manner of subjects by virtue of their ability to do any of the above things.

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by WTR »

AndyC wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:18 am Sissyball - no interest in watching grown men collapse and scream at the drop of a hat.
Rugby man!

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Truth be told the only spectator sport I've ever been interested is the "Festival of Violence" known as boxing. Not MMA or any of kind of similar combat sport. Just Boxing.

However, if I were to never see another bout, it wouldn't matter a bit.

Spectator sports in general isn't really worth the time it takes to watch.

My opinion...

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

AndyC wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:18 am Sissyball - no interest in watching grown men collapse and scream at the drop of a hat.
My biggest complaint about soccer no doubt, especially with most of the Latin American countries. This Mexico vs Brazil match has been especially egregious.
Psalm 91:2

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Like sublimated warfare matters...

Topic author
Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

oljames3 wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:56 am
Oldgringo wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:45 am

You are a better man than I am, Gunga Din. When I visit one of those Black Sites, I leave my S&W M&P M2.0 9mm 5inch and Ruger LCR .38 behind. I'm planning to get a Kel-Tec Sub2000 to legally carry during such visits.

I've read about and handled the EZ. Interesting pistol. I like the look and feel of it.

I hope you are feeling up to escaping soon.
This hospital is not posted.

Return to “Off-Topic”