Media called an AR-15 a semiautomatic rifle!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 3

Media called an AR-15 a semiautomatic rifle!

Post by Lynyrd »

Tell me the media doesn't choose their words carefully and always consider the political impact of what they say. Here's a story about a deputy shooting an alligator that had a young girl cornered up a tree. In this first link on the story the reporter said:
a deputy who shot the giant reptile with a semi-automatic rifle
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/alligator- ... 018-07-03/

In this second link on the same incident, the rifle was described more accurately.
With a single shot from his AR-15 rifle, a Lake County deputy sheriff quickly put an end to a large alligator that had a teenage girl trapped in a tree for nearly an hour, authorities said Monday.
https://www.policeone.com/patrol-issues ... d-in-tree/

I can just imagine the conversation with the CBS editor. Wait, he shot the alligator with what? Isn't that one of those horrible assault rifles? But since it was in the hands of law enforcement lets just call it what it really is, a semiautomatic rifle.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Media called an AR-15 a semiautomatic rifle!

Post by carlson1 »

On the news I seen they actualled called it, “ an AR 15 Service Rifle.”

On side note I didn’t know alligators would chase you.

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

carlson1 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:39 am
Horrible story couple weeks ago about a woman jogger disappearing due to a gator,and all they found was part of a leg.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

carlson1 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:39 am On the news I seen they actualled called it, “ an AR 15 Service Rifle.”

Carl, Here’s what I know... Over any distance that matters, an alligator can outrun you AND me. :lol:

BUT..... I’m betting that I can outrun you, and that’s all that really matters! "rlol" :evil2: #ZombieApocalypse

Now, I’m also guessing that both of us will sound like we’re shooting our semiauto pistols on full auto if we’re ever in this together. That alligator won’t be much use for making boots from..... not enough hide without holes in it.
:smilelol5:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

oohrah wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:52 am
carlson1 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:39 am
Horrible story couple weeks ago about a woman jogger disappearing due to a gator,and all they found was part of a leg.
I found part of a human foot on a California beach once. At the time, two kayakers had gone missing while kayaking some ways out from shore off of the northern Malibu area. A week or so after they had gone missing, one of the kayaks was found drifting out in the Santa Barbara Channel, with a large bite taken out of it. I found the foot a week or two later on the beach at Point Dume.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Most here know that the media will twist things about firearms in whatever direction they want things to go. But, then again, they can't make up their own minds about all of it, either. One minute a "killer cop" is proof that all police should be disarmed, then the next, a dedicated officer with his "AR-15 service rifle" is a shining example of all courage and greatness. Politicians are sometimes real scalawags, but pound for pound for pure troublemaking, no one beats the leftwinger mass news media.

Bruin98

Post by Bruin98 »

I read in a book that if you have to run from an alligator do it in short bursts of diagonal lines.

They accelerate quickly and can out run most humans in a straight line up to 50 yards.

However, they don't corner very well so the diagonal lines give you better odds.

Topic author
Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:38 pm Most here know that the media will twist things about firearms in whatever direction they want things to go. But, then again, they can't make up their own minds about all of it, either. One minute a "killer cop" is proof that all police should be disarmed, then the next, a dedicated officer with his "AR-15 service rifle" is a shining example of all courage and greatness. Politicians are sometimes real scalawags, but pound for pound for pure troublemaking, no one beats the leftwinger mass news media.
:iagree: :iagree: :thumbs2: :thumbs2:

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:26 pm
Carl, Here’s what I know... Over any distance that matters, an alligator can outrun you AND me. :lol:

BUT..... I’m betting that I can outrun you, and that’s all that really matters! "rlol" :evil2: #ZombieApocalypse

Isn't this why we were always taught to hike with a buddy? :biggrinjester:
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Maxwell wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:43 pm

I usualy go with a crowd. Misters Ruger, Smith & Wesson.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Topic author
Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

BUT..... I’m betting that I can outrun you, and that’s all that really matters! "rlol" :evil2:
Problem solved! "rlol" "rlol"

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

oljames3 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:02 pm
Maxwell wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:43 pm

I usualy go with a crowd. Misters Ruger, Smith & Wesson.
We run in very similar crowds... :fire
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Return to “Off-Topic”