July 4th BBQ!! Who's cooking today?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
flechero
Posts in topic: 7

Re: July 4th BBQ!! Who's cooking today?

Post by flechero »

mojo84 wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:11 pm A couple weeks ago I wanted to cook some beef but didn't want to do an entire brisket. Saw a couple smokers on YouTube cook tri-tip do I tried it brisket style. It was some of the best meat I've ever had.
Shh!! don't let the secret out.. they are already very hard to find in the store! :lol:

jason812
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jason812 »

Just burgers and dogs for me. Does it get more American that griliing or bbq and kids playing outside in the water?
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I cooked up a Bertolli frozen pasta thing to take with me into the hospital for work tonight.

I sure hope everyone stays safe and I have an uneventful night.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
flechero
Posts in topic: 7

I'll take the rain!!

Post by flechero »

Well I was 3/4 through my cook when the skies opened! Lost 70 degrees on the pit in about 90 seconds :shock: Luckily I had just wrapped my pork butt 5 minutes before- so it can technically finish it in the oven.

It looked earlier like it would be another couple hours before we got anything so I left the pop up and exhaust vent in the shed. :nono: lesson learned. (again!)

Hope the rest of you guys stay dry, at least until the food comes off the pit/grill.

C-Dub, I'll eat some pulled pork in your honor! :tiphat:

Ameer

Post by Ameer »

Houston outdoor cooking today was limited to boiling and poaching.
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Wife and I shot steel plates this morning followed by a little practice drawing and firing with two targets. Baby Back ribs on the grill tonight with a Shiner Ziegenbock. Still hoping we get a little REAL rain, just got enough to barely wet the windshield driving back to town from th ranch.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

dlh
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dlh »

AF-Odin wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:10 pm Wife and I shot steel plates this morning followed by a little practice drawing and firing with two targets. Baby Back ribs on the grill tonight with a Shiner Ziegenbock. Still hoping we get a little REAL rain, just got enough to barely wet the windshield driving back to town from th ranch.
We certainly need the rain in our part of Texas. Year half over now and we have received about six inches of rain year-to-date. Pretty grim.

Gonna take lots of fortitude to grill those burgers this evening too. Just checked thermometer on back porch--103 degrees in the shade. Nothing like lifting a grill lid and facing 500 degree heat while it is 103 outside...Well, this is Texas. I am a native Texan and love Texas but as I get older these hot summers become more and more unbearable.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I will not get to fire up the grill today. We have church tonight at 7:00. I will do baby back ribs tomorrow.

Return to “Off-Topic”