Progressives trying to recruit "Gilbert".

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Progressives trying to recruit "Gilbert".

Post by mojo84 »

Received this random text addressed to Gilbert and my response.
Attachments
My response
My response
To Gilbert
To Gilbert
Last edited by mojo84 on Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Progressives tryong to recruit "Gilbert".

Post by ScottDLS »

mojo84 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:58 pm Received this random text addressed to Gilbert and my response.
I got a text from Katie too, but mine was addressed to Scott.... :shock:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

OneGun
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Progressives tryong to recruit "Gilbert".

Post by OneGun »

I have received texts from Katie and another from Claire. They were looking for a Jennifer. I answered then with there is Jennifer and that I am supporting conservatives that will replace intolerant and perpetually offended liberals.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Maxwell

Re: Progressives trying to recruit "Gilbert".

Post by Maxwell »

I got that one. I ignored it because they are phishing texted. If they get a response they'll start pinging you with SPAM texts and ads.

It like the emails that say " Please confirm that you unsubscribed to this mailing list." DO NOT RESPOND! just flag it as SPAM and let the email filters take care of it.
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Maxwell wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:10 am I ignored it because they are phishing texted. If they get a response they'll start pinging you with SPAM texts and ads.

It like the emails that say " Please confirm that you unsubscribed to this mailing list." DO NOT RESPOND! just flag it as SPAM and let the email filters take care of it.
This. :iagree:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Scott Farkus

Post by Scott Farkus »

I got a similar text addressed to "Jennifer", but it was from "Sara" with Beto's campaign, not MoveOn. I thought about replying similarly to the OP but then figured if I did, no telling how many other fool liberal lists "Jennifer" with my number would be on, so I blocked it.

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

This wasn't a phishing text. They got my number mixed up with someone else. They responded they'll remove me from their distribution list. No harm. No foul.
Screenshot_2018-07-17-10-20-32.png
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

mojo84 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:22 am This wasn't a phishing text. They got my number mixed up with someone else. They responded they'll remove me from their distribution list. No harm. No foul.

Screenshot_2018-07-17-10-20-32.png
If they don’t remove you, then phone the major newspapers and TV stations in the state, and tell them that you have a story of political malfeasance to share with them.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

flechero

Post by flechero »

It scares me that the left is so organized... a few thousand people could make a difference in Nov.

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Rest assured that the left is very well organized and funded. We must work very hard and be willing to support those who stand for what we believe in if we are to beat their well oiled and funded machine. Register to vote, talk to your relatives, neighbors, co-workers, friends, anyone about those issues that are important and support financially if able and with volunteer work those who will work with us to KEEP our freedoms. If we don't keep up our momentum, the left will be coming after not just our guns, but all of our freedoms in order to give free stuff to include "guaranteed minimum income" to everyone. Just go on line and see that the former prez is pushing this new line of free stuff in a speech in South Africa.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

AF, You have a point. I am also concerned about how so many republicans/conservatives fight one another and the president. The infighting will do more to help the democrats than the democrat's well-oiled machine will do. Their message is so flawed a united republican party should be able to easily beat them.
Last edited by mojo84 on Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

lildave40

Post by lildave40 »

flechero wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:18 pm It scares me that the left is so organized... a few thousand people could make a difference in Nov.
That is what happens when you have deep pockets.

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

AF-Odin wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:56 pmRegister to vote, talk to your relatives, neighbors, co-workers, friends, anyone about those issues that are important and support financially if able and with volunteer work those who will work with us to KEEP our freedoms.
I completely agree we need to support those who work with us to roll back laws that infringe our rights. It's not enough to talk a good game or belong to a particular group. They need to deliver for us while they're in office if they want us to deliver for them on election day.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

I got one to Victoria, which is my wife's name, from Kincaid so I just figured they'd got it from some mixed up list. Wouldn't be the first time such a thing happened. But my reply was to ask them "when did I give your campaign permission to text me. Your answer will affect the way I vote."

Never heard back.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ScottDLS »

Maybe I’ll text Katie back in Spanish and Gringo O’Rourke can translate it for her. The only person whose Spanish is worse than mine is probably Beto the Irish Hispanic.... :smilelol5:

Maybe Ted and Marco can crush him in Cuban sandwich. Yeah....I’m pretty sure Ted’s gonna beet-o Beto. :biggrinjester:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Return to “Off-Topic”