The TexasCHL Pet Section

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
GameGeorge
Posts in topic: 1

The TexasCHL Pet Section

Post by GameGeorge »

Hey, fellas! I’ve created this thread for us to have another light-hearted discussion, this time, about the furry creatures in our lives. My wife and I own a Pomeranian named Chandler. It’s always a bundle of joy, waking up next to this cuddly creature. My wife is more enthusiastic of him than I am, buying him various pet toys, a cooling dog bed, a pet stroller, etc. It’s like having a baby once again, but this time, more playful, hairier, and definitely has four legs. Such a blessing! He's a great companion and a loyal friend, overall. How about you? What are your pet stories, fellas?

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 2

Re: The TexasCHL Pet Section

Post by RPBrown »

Champ the ham.JPG
Reba 2018.JPG
IMG_0406.JPG
This is our 3--Champ the 3 legged black pit, Reba my red head golden, and Poppy, our spare parts girl (when she has her haircut, there is a perfect part around her neck and each leg that looks as if they were sewn on
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

jonmo1

Post by jonmo1 »

Our 5 year old Miniature Schnauzer - Penny
46C77D6D-964D-4C16-A554-74271EEFF7B7.jpeg

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

This will be the best thread on the forum haha

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

jb2012 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:25 am This will be the best thread on the forum haha
As long as it doesn't devolve into cat photos.......

Lena
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Lena »

Dogs, cat & horse.
Dogs and cat in house 99%
All dogs rescue adopted mostly all military working k9's
th43X0O2D7.jpg
th43X0O2D7.jpg
Attachments
k94.jpg
Last edited by Lena on Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stay Safe

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Lena wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:17 pm Dogs, cat & horse.
All doge rescue adopted mostly all military working k9's

th43X0O2D7.jpg

th43X0O2D7.jpg
Beautiful dogs. We would like to get a German Shepherd when the sad day comes that our 13 year old attack chihuahua passes. She thinks she is a German Shepherd, but isn't very scary.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

th43X0O2D7.jpg

th43X0O2D7.jpg
Somebody breaks into your house you'll have to shoot them to keep the dogs from eating them alive!
Sheriffs deputy: why'd you shoot the guy?
You: tired of listening to him scream and he seemed to be suffering!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by WTR »

th43X0O2D7.jpg

th43X0O2D7.jpg
Great look Pups. Where do you go to adopt the exmilitary Pups?

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

bblhd672 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:27 pm

th43X0O2D7.jpg

th43X0O2D7.jpg
Beautiful dogs. We would like to get a German Shepherd when the sad day comes that our 13 year old attack chihuahua passes. She thinks she is a German Shepherd, but isn't very scary.
I am more scared of a Chihuahua than a shepherd. I've been in the a/c business 45 years. Been bit exactly twice. Both times in the butt by a chihuahua when I kneel down to work on the unit.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Lena
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Lena »

Great look Pups. Where do you go to adopt the exmilitary Pups?
[/quote]

Lackland AF Base is closest to here a timely process but FREE, full background checks, finger prints, all people in home, house check, credit and financial checks, everything. Small children in home is a minus. 6' or more fence a plus, your job and income checked, a letter from LE helps also attesting your a good guy. More involved than buying NFA class 3. Pet insurance a plus.
The when called you have a short window to reply SHORT time there, have to go to Lackland for about 3-4 days all on your expense, you see dogs, work with them and handlers, attend MRI and total exam get 1-2 months of meds if needed free and all history of dog everything from day 1 of training a life long partner worth about 5 figures, felony to sell them or use for work in their MOS. If you wish any more info PM me. Mine are fluent in 2 languages. 1st step is get on list all free to do so, fill out papers then wait, maybe 2 years just depends, prior service or LE or handler get a + point. Good thing it will happen though, consent to a 24/7 inspection also. If one comes available you refuse it all starts over. There are several US sites.
There are usually 3-4 types offered for adoption. They do not even give you a collar or leash. Have to be transported in a crate from base.

This was a life saver for me I admit.
Stay Safe

surferdaddy

Post by surferdaddy »

Beck, my “Professional” dog. Everyone should own at least one German Shepherd at some point.

Perceval, the lightest hearted dog I’ve ever been around. He is truly a natural born clown. I think everyone should have a Boxer at some point as well. No one has fun like a boxer.

My German Shepherd is 10 and starting to slow down a bit now...I’m not ready for him to get old. Percy is just a 2 year old pup.

The two are best buddies and constantly play with my kids. I trust my family’s lives to these two when I can’t be around.

-surfer
CHL/LTC instructor
NRA basic pistol/home firearm safety instructor.

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Lena wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:47 pm Great look Pups. Where do you go to adopt the exmilitary Pups?
Lackland AF Base is closest to here a timely process but FREE, full background checks, finger prints, all people in home, house check, credit and financial checks, everything. Small children in home is a minus. 6' or more fence a plus, your job and income checked, a letter from LE helps also attesting your a good guy. More involved than buying NFA class 3. Pet insurance a plus.
The when called you have a short window to reply SHORT time there, have to go to Lackland for about 3-4 days all on your expense, you see dogs, work with them and handlers, attend MRI and total exam get 1-2 months of meds if needed free and all history of dog everything from day 1 of training a life long partner worth about 5 figures, felony to sell them or use for work in their MOS. If you wish any more info PM me. Mine are fluent in 2 languages. 1st step is get on list all free to do so, fill out papers then wait, maybe 2 years just depends, prior service or LE or handler get a + point. Good thing it will happen though, consent to a 24/7 inspection also. If one comes available you refuse it all starts over. There are several US sites.
There are usually 3-4 types offered for adoption. They do not even give you a collar or leash. Have to be transported in a crate from base.

This was a life saver for me I admit.
[/quote]

Thanks..... I’m in the process of selling a house and moving back to Tx. I also have three Pups we have taken in at the moment. However, when the time comes and they pass, both my wife and myself have talked about a quality GS. My Nephew is in training to be a dog handler for the Army. When the time comes we will definitely have the land . fence and interest. I was not aware of the program. Sounds great.

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

PriestTheRunner wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:43 am
jb2012 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:25 am This will be the best thread on the forum haha
Agreed haha no room for cats on this forum!

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

jb2012 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:28 pm
PriestTheRunner wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:43 am
Agreed haha no room for cats on this forum!
Hey, I’ve got 3 dogs, 7 cats and 3 horses and they all get along great. One of my best “ alert” animals was my guard cat.

Return to “Off-Topic”