TX: No place but Austin- Pro Palestinian protest at Texas Capitol

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

BBYC
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TX: No place but Austin

Post by BBYC »

What would it take to move the capital of Texas back to Texas?
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

montgomery
Posts in topic: 3

Post by montgomery »

SewTexas wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:36 am My husband's suggestion is that they threw the renaming of the city in there so that the rest of the renaming seems "reasonable" in comparison, and they look good when they say "No, we're not renaming our city".
With all due respect, your husband is in denial. Mark my words, they will fight to rename, revise, and remove history for their political and financial gain until there is nothing more to rewrite.

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 2

Post by chasfm11 »

montgomery wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:31 pm
SewTexas wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:36 am My husband's suggestion is that they threw the renaming of the city in there so that the rest of the renaming seems "reasonable" in comparison, and they look good when they say "No, we're not renaming our city".
With all due respect, your husband is in denial. Mark my words, they will fight to rename, revise, and remove history for their political and financial gain until there is nothing more to rewrite.
:iagree: I believe that the lunacy knows no bounds. For me, it is more about a teen-aged mentality of pushing the limits as far as possible. The public put up with the relocation of Confederate monuments in Dallas so lets try renaming schools, streets and buildings. If we get away with that, we'll rename cities. This is a purge of history with the intent to discredit anything that even hints at a Conservative thought process. These are visible signs of progress for the Progressive agenda.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

chasfm11 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:49 pm
:iagree: I believe that the lunacy knows no bounds. For me, it is more about a teen-aged mentality of pushing the limits as far as possible. The public put up with the relocation of Confederate monuments in Dallas so lets try renaming schools, streets and buildings. If we get away with that, we'll rename cities. This is a purge of history with the intent to discredit anything that even hints at a Conservative thought process. These are visible signs of progress for the Progressive agenda.
And they will not stop until they are stopped.

My so-called conservative friends justify their actions by rationalizing these acts and this ideology as either too much trouble to deal with or dismissing it all as lunacy. Denial is denial and action is action. Kinda pisses me off that rational thought is on the wrong side of this equation.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

montgomery wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:54 pm

My so-called conservative friends justify their actions by rationalizing these acts and this ideology as either too much trouble to deal with or dismissing it all as lunacy. Denial is denial and action is action. Kinda pisses me off that rational thought is on the wrong side of this equation.
I'll take a bit of a devil's advocate role in response. Not everyone is cut out for the attacks that are the response to people who challenge Progressives. They are not only relentless, they are ruthless. There are people whose jobs are attacked for simply openly opposing Progressives. I'm not sure that I would want to live through being doxxed. While I understand that standing up to this oppression by intimidation is necessary, it isn't for the faint of heart or the weak of spine. My response has been to join a number of groups where our collection actions are more difficult to single out the individuals involved. Even in my local community, the hatred against Progressive challengers is mindboggling. I have some articles of clothing that I wear but I'm very careful where I wear them. There are Conservatives who are fearful, and sometimes I believe justifiably, about what can happen.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

chasfm11 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:07 pm
montgomery wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:54 pm

I'll take a bit of a devil's advocate role in response. Not everyone is cut out for the attacks that are the response to people who challenge Progressives. They are not only relentless, they are ruthless. There are people whose jobs are attacked for simply openly opposing Progressives. I'm not sure that I would want to live through being doxxed. While I understand that standing up to this oppression by intimidation is necessary, it isn't for the faint of heart or the weak of spine. My response has been to join a number of groups where our collection actions are more difficult to single out the individuals involved. Even in my local community, the hatred against Progressive challengers is mindboggling. I have some articles of clothing that I wear but I'm very careful where I wear them. There are Conservatives who are fearful, and sometimes I believe justifiably, about what can happen.
Good info. The right thing is usually the hard thing. Stay safe.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 36

Post by philip964 »

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/ ... sidewalks/

Camping on sidewalks becomes legal in Austin. I think starts today.

Lol. What could possibly go wrong.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Obama. Obama sounds good. Nice ring to it.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://www.fox26houston.com/facebook-in ... -to-police

Austin man voluntarily turns in his semi-automatic rifle to police, cause his wife told him to.

No, I just made the last part up.

JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Can we move the Texas capital (and Capitol) back to Washington-on-the-Brazos?
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.wsj.com/articles/homeless-b ... 1571914802

Homeless more visible now since City Council voted to allow public camping on City property.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

LDP wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:31 am
philip964 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:49 pm http://www.fox26houston.com/facebook-in ... -to-police

Austin man voluntarily turns in his semi-automatic rifle to police, cause his wife told him to.

No, I just made the last part up.
404, page not found.
https://www.fox7austin.com/news/austin- ... -to-police

Here is a different link.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.toddstarnes.com/values/texa ... -anal-sex/

AISD mandates teaching children an alternative form of sex education over objections of many parents and pastors.

Return to “Off-Topic”