Lockpick set

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Lockpick set

Post by Jusme »

that's pretty cool! I would have to have one in something other than a pen, I lose more pens in a week than I can count. :grumble But I do like the concept. Covert, but handy.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

bbhack

Post by bbhack »

That's one pen I would keep up with.

Better get an official looking Locksmith in Training card to go along with that.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

strogg

Post by strogg »

That looks pretty neat. Lock picking is a hobby of mine. It keeps my hands occupied while I watch TV or something like that.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

that's cool, both the pen and you teaching your friend.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Chaparral

Post by Chaparral »

Very cool!

cheezit

Post by cheezit »

Is the pen functional as well?
I'm oddly fascinated by pen, so much so I've learned to turn them

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

That's real nice. I just recently picked up a Sparrow Tuxedo kit. I haven't gotten to mess with it much but I have conquered the common Master locks.
Check out Bonsai Bill's LockLab on Youtube. He's a great instructor.
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Grundy1133 »

ive been in the lockpicking hobby for about 8 years now. it's a super fun hobby to get into. In the state of Texas they arent considered "illegal" or "criminal mischief" unless you have them on you with intent to do something illegal. but for me when I started carrying CCW I left the lockpicks at home. never know what they might try to accuse you of if youre ever in a situation when you have to use your gun in self defense and you happen to have a lock pick set on you... check out www.thinkpeterson.com they have some very high quality picks. stay away from the spring steel picks get the govt steel picks they are a lot more heavy duty (and the price tag reflects it lol)
NRA Member

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

troglodyte wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:04 pm That's real nice. I just recently picked up a Sparrow Tuxedo kit. I haven't gotten to mess with it much but I have conquered the common Master locks.
Check out Bonsai Bill's LockLab on Youtube. He's a great instructor.
also the lockpicking lawyer. he has a great channel too.
NRA Member

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

this is my lock picking hardware as of june. I recently bought a re-pinning and re keying kit as well as an impressioning kit. if anyone is serious about lockpicking/smithing lemme know i have a few books i might letcha have. i was ognna be a locksmith until i realized in texas you need a 2 year apprenticeship under a certified locksmith before you can even take the test and where I live we don't have a locksmith. we have a wrecker service who owns a slim jim and a few door wedges lol. if anyone knows of a locksmith looking to take on appretices in cooke/denton counties lemme know.
Attachments
35687097_10156549073159595_133680187073101824_o.jpg
NRA Member

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

The items aren’t available for sale on the website yet, I contacted Aaron through the site, name-dropped the heck out of your name and told him you were a friend, paid him through paypal, and my kit will be coming in the next few weeks.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

bbhack wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:52 pm That's one pen I would keep up with.

Better get an official looking Locksmith in Training card to go along with that.
What’s the possible legal liability if you don’t?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:23 pm
bbhack wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:52 pm That's one pen I would keep up with.

What’s the possible legal liability if you don’t?
IANAL and don't know Texas law, but read the post by Grundy1133
Grundy1133 wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:42 pm ive been in the lockpicking hobby for about 8 years now. it's a super fun hobby to get into. In the state of Texas they arent considered "illegal" or "criminal mischief" unless you have them on you with intent to do something illegal. but for me when I started carrying CCW I left the lockpicks at home. never know what they might try to accuse you of if youre ever in a situation when you have to use your gun in self defense and you happen to have a lock pick set on you... check out www.thinkpeterson.com they have some very high quality picks. stay away from the spring steel picks get the govt steel picks they are a lot more heavy duty (and the price tag reflects it lol)
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “Off-Topic”