2020 Prez election: Dems' bench is shallow. Suicide run by ??

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 1
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

2020 Prez election: Dems' bench is shallow. Suicide run by ??

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

President Trump is under constant attack by the Dems and isn't getting unqualified support from
the Republicans either. Early in his first term, he announced that he will be running again in 2020.

Who could the Dems possibly pick as their candidate to run against Trump? It seems to me that
the Dems have gone so far left that anyone they would pick would essentially be committing suicide.

Possibilities: Ms. Kamala Harris, D - California. Anti gunner.
Elizabeth "Pocahontas" Warren, D - Massachusetts.
Mr. Corey Booker, D-New Jersey, former mayor of Newark.
Joe Biden, D-Delaware. Once his videos creeping on all ages of females get wider play, he's done.
Mario Cuomo, D-NY Governor. "American was never really that great." Enough said.

Please add any possible Dem candidates you have heard of. What Dem could possibly unseat Trump?
It's almost time to get your popcorn.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Re: 2020 Prez election: Dems' bench is shallow. Suicide run by ??

Post by flechero »

I see your post as correct... the reality is that almost all Americans are doing better under trump. There are still places that would rather sink financially and have a solid liberal leader but most places like cash in hand. Add krazy tim cain to the list...

Sorry S_I_A, for an early hijack- but I'm way more worried about the midterms than 2020. Shockingly, everytime I head to town I see 5 to 1 Beto (the irishman) yard signs over Cruz signs. (and we are in a VERY conservative area) I would have never even given him a 2nd thought but the wife (who is actually on social media) is afraid of the wave of support and tells me that she's starting to worry....

PLEASE tell me that I'm nervous for no reason... and I'm sorry for the hijack.

bigtek
Banned

Post by bigtek »

Ocasio is the new Obama
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'
Fa la la la la la la la la!

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

flechero wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:21 pm

PLEASE tell me that I'm nervous for no reason... and I'm sorry for the hijack.
We need to make sure we turn out to vote. Remember though, Hillary was given a 97% chance to win. People that vote Republican tend to not answer polls, or put up signs.
NRA Benefactor Member

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

I haven't seen a Cruz sign yet. I can't find one for my own yard. Is Cruz really running? Beto is getting all the press, I hear nothing about Cruz anymore.
I haven'teven got one of those annoying letters of him asking me for money. I am getting the feeling that he doesn't want the job anymore and has just given up.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

flechero

Post by flechero »

Liberty wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:07 pm I haven't seen a Cruz sign yet. I can't find one for my own yard. Is Cruz really running? Beto is getting all the press, I hear nothing about Cruz anymore.
I am getting the feeling that he doesn't want the job anymore and has just given up.
There was 3 or 4 Cruz signs to the 30 or 40 beto signs I saw... :shock:

ETA:

https://store.tedcruz.org/products/yard-sign

LTUME1978

Post by LTUME1978 »

I still get plenty of mail and email from Cruz asking for money. I will be voting for him but won't put up a sign for anyone. With the way the crazy left is acting, I don't want to invite vandalism, etc. to my property from having a sign up. What matters is the final vote count. Republicans must turn out strong as the left in the big cites are hard active.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Chelsea Clinton is 38 years old (3 yrs past required 35 for prez). If Oprah doesn't run, maybe Dems will nominate "Hillary Jr."
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

I thought that Starbucks guy quit so he could run.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

hillary jr. I love it!

She's maybe, 1 or 2 IQ points above marxist cortez.

Yeah, sure, put her up for nomination.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Re: Cruz vs Beto - look at the raw primary numbers. I think R v D overall was 2 or 1.5:1.

Look at the numbers for Abbot. You can’t tell me that there are that many people that will vote Abbot for Governor, but then turn around and vote for Beto for Senate.

I’m not a pollster and I could be completely wrong, but this is just my thoughts on it right now.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

TexasJohnBoy wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:02 pm Re: Cruz vs Beto - look at the raw primary numbers. I think R v D overall was 2 or 1.5:1.

Look at the numbers for Abbot. You can’t tell me that there are that many people that will vote Abbot for Governor, but then turn around and vote for Beto for Senate.

I’m not a pollster and I could be completely wrong, but this is just my thoughts on it right now.
There were a lot of Trumpsters who were really irritated at Cruz for defending the unfounded attacks on his family by Then-candidate Donald Trump. Being pro-Trump came to mean you were anti-Cruz. Cruz is not only opposed by Beto but also by the Trumpsters. The Republicans devouring their own. Its a shame really. Cruz is one of the few conservatives in Washington.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

Thanks for that reminder... Cruz may not be perfect, but he's better than Cornyn and waaay better than "Beto" would ever be.

Just ordered a yard sign.

I did see a "Beto" sign down the street (in the Mound...)

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

Return to “Off-Topic”