Netflix- I'm about to get fed up

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Netflix- I'm about to get fed up

Post by mojo84 »

Check out the first few minutes of season 1 episode 9 of Ozarks and let me me know your thoughts. I stopped watching right after the Down's Syndrome young man purchase a rifle.

I'm getting sick of entertainment media and personalities pushing political agendas.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

spectre
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Netflix- I'm about to get fed up

Post by spectre »

I quit Netflix a few years ago so I can't comment on that series specifically, but I'm glad I broke that addiction.
I'm in a good place right now
Not emotionally or financially
But I am at the gun store

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

i quit messing with netflix after the whole chris rock netflix special where he said he wished more white kids would be shot so he could see crying white moms on the news... completely disgusting.
NRA Member

Scott Farkus

Post by Scott Farkus »

It's been a while since I watched that episode but remind me what was the issue? I kinda remember rolling my eyes at the time but can't recall why - did they maybe gloss over the background check?

It's not illegal to sell a gun to someone with Down's Syndrome, is it?

Bruin98

Post by Bruin98 »

The show is worth watching.

Roll your eyes and enjoy the series.

Bruin98

Post by Bruin98 »

Scott Farkus wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:57 pm It's been a while since I watched that episode but remind me what was the issue? I kinda remember rolling my eyes at the time but can't recall why - did they maybe gloss over the background check?

It's not illegal to sell a gun to someone with Down's Syndrome, is it?
It's been awhile but if I recall correctly a bad guy used the kid to buy a gun. DS boy bought it and handed it over outside.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

We've been away from any TV and most Wifi and telephone reception for the past month (Heckfire! We didn't even get the Alabama game Saturday night) and just started watching season 1, episodes 1-3 tonight. We're kinda' familiar with the Ozark region and found it it sorta' entertaining. But what the hey, we also kinda' enjoyed what we've seen thus far of"Yellowstone".

philip964

Post by philip964 »

My son loves the Ozarks.

The Netflix’s show not the lake.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I take it as a given that most shows on Netflix or Prime - even those that appear to be “pro-gun” (i.e. “Shooter” and shows like it) will get it wrong on guns at some point. Whether or not the initial story is pro-gun, the screen-writers are almost universally not. “Shooter” is based on the movie of the same title, both of which are based on original Stephen Hunter novel “Point of Impact” .... the original Bob Lee Swagger novel. The original novel was favorable to the private ownership of firearms. The subsequent efforts were too, but less so. I expect that the next generation of Bob Lee Swagger storytelling will make the point that guns are only for highly trained military and police, and have no business in the hands of mere citizens.

It’s just another battle in the war on guns. Eventually it will devolve into the use of guns in defense of rights.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

I've been having trouble with Netflix lately. It seems to stall and what I believe "buffer" It plays for bit, goes dim and I get the dreaded rotating circle with 1%,10%, 25%, 99%, and then resolution sucks for a bit and finally sharpens, plays for a bit, and then vicious cycle repeats.

I have Amazon Prime, Hulu, and others, but none of them do this. Whats up with this?

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Had the Down's Syndrome young man complete a straw purchase. Even had him check that he was purchasing the gun for someone else. The clerk saw it and suggested he check the other box saying he was the actual purchaser.

Definitely trying to make a statement that it is easy to illegally purchase a gun.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Return to “Off-Topic”