Angola Central Bank got one of those emails promising to make them rich. Largest bank robbery in history.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

Angola Central Bank got one of those emails promising to make them rich. Largest bank robbery in history.

Post by philip964 »

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-500-mi ... 1538578897

500 million stolen from Africa by European scammers pretending to be an investment trust who needed a place to send all the money they had stolen and willing to split it with them.

Tex1961

Re: Angola Central Bank got one of those emails promising to make them rich. Largest bank robbery in history.

Post by Tex1961 »

I don’t subscribe to the Wall Street journal, so can’t read the article

spectre
Banned

Re: Angola Central Bank got one of those emails promising to make them rich. Largest bank robbery in history.

Post by spectre »

I'm in a good place right now
Not emotionally or financially
But I am at the gun store

ninjabread

Post by ninjabread »

Last month, prosecutors in Angola announced a variety of criminal charges against a son of Mr. dos Santos, the former central-bank governor and two others in relation to the alleged fraud.
It sounds like an inside job.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

Tex1961 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:30 pm I don’t subscribe to the Wall Street journal, so can’t read the article
Me too, so I goggled it because it sounded interesting. Here is a free link to a different site covering it:

https://www.nysscpa.org/news/publicatio ... als-100418
Steve Rothstein

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

THIS STORY IS INSANE!!! It is hard to even believe its real!!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Return to “Off-Topic”