Turkey: Saudi journalist last seen at Saudi consulate in Turkey

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 22

Re: Turkey: Saudi journalist last seen at Saudi consulate in Turkey

Post by philip964 »

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/saudi-arabia- ... 24051.html

Saudi Arabia vows retaliation if sanctions are imposed.

Is this gun in my future?

https://fnamerica.com/products/pistols/fnx-45-tactical/

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Beiruty »

I watched complete video of step by step, with time stamp of the hit team, with their names on CCTV surveillance systems. The names and ID of each member of the hit team where revealed. It was commentated in Arabic. It was an ordered hit.
The team was in and out in less than 24 hrs.

Here is the short English version
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.bloombergquint.com/markets/ ... gs.lpojyzs

Saudi Arabia uses oil as threat for first time in 45 years.

Maybe it will be this gun.

https://www.sigsauer.com/products/firea ... tols/p938/

Trump sends Pompeo to Saudi Arabia.

https://www.apnews.com/3cbdbff7372b418582e6040a4cbf15a8

ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ELB »

So I'm reading the journalist was also a Muslim Brotherhood fellow traveler, if not member, was a confidant and advisor to members of the Saudi royal family who are on the outs with the current ruler, and his beef with the current ruler is not that he's too authoritarian but that he is too western, not Islamic enough.

I think Trump may have jumped early and the wrong way on this one.

ETA: https://pjmedia.com/spengler/german-pre ... ppearance/
Germany's leading right-of-center daily Die Welt this morning reveals that Jamal Khashoggi was not a journalist, but a high-level operative for the Saudi intelligence service, an intimate of Osama bin Laden, and the nephew of the shadiest of all Arab arms dealers, the infamous Adnan Khashoggi. John Bradley reported last week in the Spectator that Khashoggi, who allegedly met a grisly end in a Saudi consulate in Istanbul, was a member of the Muslim Brotherhood, the Islamist organization that among other things wants to replace the Saudi monarchy with a modern Islamist totalitarian state.
USAF 1982-2005

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Beiruty wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:35 pm I watched complete video of step by step, with time stamp of the hit team, with their names on CCTV surveillance systems. The names and ID of each member of the hit team where revealed. It was commentated in Arabic. It was an ordered hit.
The team was in and out in less than 24 hrs.

Apparently this is standard practice for a hit squad. I read last week about a Mossad hit in Dubai that was carried out on an arms dealer. What is being reported about the Saudis is very similar for the travel of the Israelis. The manner of the execution was different though.

Makes you wonder if the US does the same thing? Also, why is this being made into an issue?
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

ELB

Post by ELB »

Addendum: The Saudis can be infuriatingly slow, vague, and mind-bogglingly reluctant to make a decision, or to take responsibility for anything, but when it comes to their own survival they can move amazingly fast and brutally. Some of the ideological forebears of the current "let's take Islam back to the 14th century" crowd took over the Grand Mosque in Mecca back in 1979. That particular group, like MB, wanted to overthrow the Saudi monarchy. It took the Saudis two weeks to evict them (about 500 armed guys in a big complex), but they were pretty ruthless about it (a number of hostages died in the eviction), and the survivors were divided up into groups, sent to various parts of the Kingdom, and publicly beheaded in short order.

I suspect Khashoggi is just another one who took, or wanted to take, a shot at the King -- and missed. MBS has not shown much reluctance to squelching his opposition. Somebody should look around the Kingdom and see who else is suddenly missing.
USAF 1982-2005

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/15/middleea ... index.html

Reports Saudi Arabia will admit that it was an accident. He accidentally died during interrogation.

I just hate it when that happens. Doh.

Oil hasn't moved much, if it has its moved lower. So much for those new guns.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jusme »

The only issue I see with this, is the fact that Trump can't win in the eyes of the left. They were "shocked" that he got involved at all, but now that he has, he will be villified as a war monger, if he imposes sanctions, and as a big oil lackey, terrorist enabler, if he doesn't. Mark my words. They are gearing up to pounce whichever way he moves. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Jusme wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:54 am The only issue I see with this, is the fact that Trump can't win in the eyes of the left. They were "shocked" that he got involved at all, but now that he has, he will be villified as a war monger, if he imposes sanctions, and as a big oil lackey, terrorist enabler, if he doesn't. Mark my words. They are gearing up to pounce whichever way he moves. JMHO
Not like that's a new tactic for them....

https://abcstlouis.com/news/nation-worl ... rt-nominee
Four Examples Showing That Trump Opponents Planned To Attack Any Supreme Court Nominee

Within minutes of President Trump's announcement Monday night of his nomination of Federal Appeals Court Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the U.S. Supreme Court, opponents of the president ranging from protesters to activist groups, to the Democratic Party all quickly released statements harshly criticizing the pick.

Tom Perez, the Chairman of the Democratic National Committee wrote that if Judge Kavanaugh is confirmed, that his presence on the court will, "rip health care from American families and deny women their constitutional right to make their own health care decisions."

Activist groups released more extreme condemnations, ranging from calling his nomination an "assault on justice" to a "death sentence for women". Angry protesters were already on the steps of the Supreme Court before the announcement was made, yet had signs at the ready to oppose Kavanaugh (with his name printed on them) within minutes of the announcement.

Since Judge Kavanaugh was on the president's short list of four expected nominees, it would make sense that groups would have researched each and had a response ready to be released shortly after Trump's announcement, but in most cases it was apparent that groups either prepared a generic response and filled in the blank with the nominee, or expected a different name to be announced.

Some protesters at the steps of the Supreme Court wen the old-fashioned route, making their signs on the spot with markers and poster boards. However, as one digital reporter noticed, the signs were already filled out...except for the name.

Other protesters at the Supreme Court were ready with more slickly produced signs, so they had to print several different ones and hope that one of them was the right name, as another reporter documented.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/ ... er-missing

Senator Graham pledges to sanction the hell out of Saudi Arabia.

Showing off his new found popularity after the Kavanaugh hearings and conformation.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Graham always reminds me of Martin Prince of the Simpsons.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Jusme wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:54 am The only issue I see with this, is the fact that Trump can't win in the eyes of the left. They were "shocked" that he got involved at all, but now that he has, he will be villified as a war monger, if he imposes sanctions, and as a big oil lackey, terrorist enabler, if he doesn't. Mark my words. They are gearing up to pounce whichever way he moves. JMHO
I was listening to CNN this morning on my way into work. The anchor asked someone why Trump was so reluctant to criticize human rights abuses like this "genocide" by the Saudi's or the abuses of North Korea. Do they think the American people are just morons? It wasn't that long ago that Trump was being criticized for "disrespecting" the North Korean Olympic delegation and for being a war monger by having a N. Korean defector present at his SOTU address? And since when is the killing of one person a "genocide"?

How will we react when the Russians accuse us of human rights abuses and threaten sanctions after a single American citizen is killed by American LEO's or other authorities? I think we will tell them to mind their own business. IMHO, we should do the same thing here. We can't afford to police the morality of the entire world. It costs way too much in money and in blood.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... spect.html

Looks like the Saudi Consul General in Istanbul has been fired and whisked off to Saudi Arabia after he is heard saying "Do this outside, your going to get me in trouble" on the target's apple iwatch. Yeah he was right.

Sources are saying the target was cut up alive taking 7 minutes to die.

The special medical guy that was there, is someone who autopsies people who die in Saudi Arabia on pilgrimage on the spot with some kind of collapsible operating room. He supposedly can find the cause of death very quickly like in five minutes or in this case seven.

Not sure the thinking behind this. If you wanted to just kill someone in a foreign country, you would just do what the Clinton's do. They have a heart attack or they are robbed on the street and killed, or they commit suicide.

This is sort of we want everyone to know what happens when you criticize the King of Saudi Arabia. It has a little Kim look to it with a side of torture thrown in for emphasis.

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

philip964 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:48 am Not sure the thinking behind this. If you wanted to just kill someone in a foreign country, you would just do what the Clinton's do. They have a heart attack or they are robbed on the street and killed, or they commit suicide.
Not everyone owns a heart-attack-gun (you think I'm making that up...?) so sometimes it has to be a little more hands-on. But they could have suicided him like the Clinton's do.

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

PriestTheRunner wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:24 am
philip964 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:48 am Not sure the thinking behind this. If you wanted to just kill someone in a foreign country, you would just do what the Clinton's do. They have a heart attack or they are robbed on the street and killed, or they commit suicide.
Not everyone owns a heart-attack-gun (you think I'm making that up...?) so sometimes it has to be a little more hands-on. But they could have suicided him like the Clinton's do.
Multiple self-inflicted gunshot wounds to the back of the head.

Return to “Off-Topic”