TX: 70 yr old Plano vet sentenced to 87 months

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 2

Re: TX: 70 yr old Plano vet sentenced to 87 months

Post by SQLGeek »

mrvmax wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:20 pm More info, I’m not sure why anyone would be signing a petition for this guy. I don’t have proof but someone living in his area said he stole the rifle in question. I don’t care what he did when he was younger, he got much less than he deserved. Ill agree the initial story lacked many details and it was easier to sympathize with him. Now it should be pretty clear that he was not a model citizen.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edtx/pr/pl ... -violation
Wow. I don't think he's doing enough time.
Psalm 91:2

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

rotor wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:03 pm There is more to this story than you think. His daughter turned him in.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/guns/20 ... e-purchase
But in court, prosecutors presented a much different story, saying that Pick had admitted to others that he had stolen the illegal weapon while in the military. They also recounted how in October 2017, Plano police had been called to a local hospital regarding "a belligerent individual."
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

I have a 5 year old daughter and two sons. Daughters are a pain in the rear end. Sounds like this guy learned this lesson too late.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

mrvmax
Posts in topic: 4

Post by mrvmax »

AJSully421 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:40 am I have a 5 year old daughter and two sons. Daughters are a pain in the rear end. Sounds like this guy learned this lesson too late.
From all indications the problem here is not the daughter. Did you even read what this guy had done? I can’t understand anyone defending this guy. I think it’s time for me to bow out of this thread.

uthornsfan

Post by uthornsfan »

chamberc wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:09 am
Was it ever legal to buy firearms with the serial number filed off?
Technically no, but at one time you could register a fully auto weapon with the serial filed off and receive amnesty.

[media] [/media]

Return to “Off-Topic”